Hampton At Elizabethton....Round 2

uknoit2

LOL!

Actually I wasn't there to watch my 2nd boy play tonight.....I had to coach my 4th'n tonight :angry:

Heck with this BB stuff, lets talk football field....UT still coming to test the grounds and give us some feedback?

I do believe this IS a bball thread...I love football too but football is over. Give these kids their due. Hampton has worked hard at bball evidently...football will be here again soon enough.ITS BASKETBALL TIME IN TENNESSEE...BTW I always enjoyed coaching all 3 of my kids...never felt like I HAD to....just enjoy the time with them it will pass soon enough.

I do believe this IS a bball thread...I love football too but football is over. Give these kids their due. Hampton has worked hard at bball evidently...football will be here again soon enough.ITS BASKETBALL TIME IN TENNESSEE...BTW I always enjoyed coaching all 3 of my kids...never felt like I HAD to....just enjoy the time with them it will pass soon enough.

OH Guru! I was having a good time with cteam on some inside info!

I have 4 boys and have coached fb and bb for the last 14 years....Id say I enjoy it...Never felt like I "had too"....Although it has made me an old man!

Just hated to miss one of mine play tonight

Edited by uknoit2

OH Guru! I was having a good time with cteam on some inside info!

I have 4 boys and have coached fb and bb for the last 14 years....Id say I enjoy it...Never felt like I "had too"....Although it has made me an old man!

Just hated to miss one of mine play tonight

I can understand that....and it sure can make your hair thin too... :mrgreen:

I've coached for almost 20 years in ever level from junior cadet to high school. I have coached my little uns for the past 3 years and wouldn't trade it for nothin. I did recently get place on BP meds though. Lol. My kids would prob see it different though. A little tougher on them than the rest. Makin great memories!

Zeke has no choice but to score. There was a 5 minute span in the 3rd quarter where no other player could put the ball in the basket. That is when Hampton put the game away for good. Elizabethton is not a balanced team on the offensive end and extremely young and it is showing. I think they are very lucky to have 6 victories this early in the season.

Honeycutt is a good coach and I do not doubt he will have them ready come tourney time, but until someone else other than Clark or Nichols avg more than 10 pts then they will struggle against well balanced teams such as Hampton & Unicoi.

My hat is off to Hampton, they are a solid team and I look forward to seeing them get better as the season progresses.

Zeke has no choice but to score. There was a 5 minute span in the 3rd quarter where no other player could put the ball in the basket. That is when Hampton put the game away for good. Elizabethton is not a balanced team on the offensive end and extremely young and it is showing. I think they are very lucky to have 6 victories this early in the season.

Honeycutt is a good coach and I do not doubt he will have them ready come tourney time, but until someone else other than Clark or Nichols avg more than 10 pts then they will struggle against well balanced teams such as Hampton & Unicoi.

My hat is off to Hampton, they are a solid team and I look forward to seeing them get better as the season progresses.

Honeycutt is an excellent coach for sure mama...He just needs time

Don't put all cyclone fans down because I have always pulled for all the carter county teams and yes I am very proud of my teams and have pulled for them for 30 yrs. and by the way all teams heve people who run there mouth and that includes Hampton big boy.

yea well i promise you the disrespect is there for sure they think they are better they truly do but they are not. Plain and simple.

Oh and by the way i wasnt talking about the fans thinking they are better i was talking about the players "Big Boy".

Going to have to disagree with you here. EHS ain't as bad as some people want to make them out to be. Sure there's a few who think they are better than everyone, but every school is going to have someone like that. I promise you Hampton has had players/fans with the same attitude just like I would promise you Unaka would have players/fans like that. Every school has a few of em. EHS ain't any worse than others. And honestly I can see why EHS wouldn't play county schools much. If they win its because they are twice are size and their suppose to win,if they lose it just looks bad. There just isn't much to gain from it.