Dresden Lions 2014

hogheaven

Guest hevyrevy1611

Heard he put himself above the team

God forbid that a guy take care of themselves, or family above the "team"! How dare that rascal deny us the privilege of seeing him play a game. Nobody should be so selfish! The rat! <<< tongue in cheek of course. Now if they can't take discipline of sports and quit to party or goof off being a lazy bum, that's one thing. But this isn't the case here I don't think. Family or personal needs DO take priority, always, over a game! Or am I missing something here?

Yes but he put himself in that spot. Be great if all kids had parents that would support a grand baby to let their kid enjoy high school ....but just not realistic. Maybe if some local family could put them up with them ....or church help... But team rules are team rules and I respect that also. Love Kyle but being a man at 16 is still being a man. Good lesson for other young folk. Play pay

Guest hevyrevy1611

Yes but he put himself in that spot. Be great if all kids had parents that would support a grand baby to let their kid enjoy high school ....but just not realistic. Maybe if some local family could put them up with them ....or church help... But team rules are team rules and I respect that also. Love Kyle but being a man at 16 is still being a man. Good lesson for other young folk. Play pay

yes indeed. well said.

Guest hevyrevy1611

IF there is a change (again) and TSSAA implements new system, then our district is Region 7-1A: Dresden, Gleason, Greenfield, Lake County, McKenzie, South Fulton, Union City, West Carroll. So instead of current 5 it'd be 7 district games, vs some great teams. So who would be other three games? >> My assumptive ideas: Maybe none from 1A, because if we see them in season then again in playoffs, it hard to beat same team twice. And to save gas expenses they need to be close as possible. And playing "bigger", tougher teams to me is better. So maybe, hmmm, Milan? Westview? South Gibson? Camden? even Murray or Mayfield if we can play KY teams in regular season. Who are 3 best, close-by non-district opponents 'IF' new system takes place? Assuming that they'll even want to play us.

Edited by hevyrevy1611

You keep Westview just because its close and a big money maker for both teams. You try and keep Huntingdon or Trenton because of logistics and they are consistently competitive in 2A. I like the Murray or Mayfield angle cause they are close. Bet UC is licking their chops to get in that region!!

Guest hevyrevy1611

You keep Westview just because its close and a big money maker for both teams. You try and keep Huntingdon or Trenton because of logistics and they are consistently competitive in 2A. I like the Murray or Mayfield angle cause they are close. Bet UC is licking their chops to get in that region!!

Huntingdon would be back in 1A so I dudnt include them, we'll no doubt be seeing each other every year in playoffs. Milan, Trenton, TCA are all in same district in 2A (they'd all probably not want to play us in same year. Maybe change up with these three in each 2 year cycle?). Heck, I say even play Henry County, but they'd prob not want to stoop down to a lowly 1A school because either we not competition, or ha, we'd embarass them by winning. (I BELIEVE! HA!) Yeah, IF it changes, our district got bigger, and UC switched out with Mustangs for our biggest district hurdle every year imo. Lake County & McKenzie & Gleason are also very tough outs. Would be interesting for sure! Maybe UC & us (and them) can agree to switch out with Murray and Mayfield each cycle. Ha. It fun to speculate & dream.

Guest hevyrevy1611

Here the full proposal for new "hybrid" 1A & 2A make-up:

Region 1-2A: Cosby, Cumberland Gap, Hampton, Happy Valley, South Greene, Sullivan North

Region 2-2A: Alcoa, Austin-East, Grace, Oliver Springs, Rockwood, Sweetwater, Wartburg

Region 3-2A: Bledsoe, Boyd-Buchanan, Marion County, Meigs County, Polk County, Silverdale, Tellico Plains, Tyner

Region 4-2A: Cascade, Community, Eagleville, Forrest, Jackson County, Smith County Region 5-2A: East Hickman, East Robertson, Goodpasture, Harpeth, Hickman County, Westmoreland, White House Heritage

Region 6-2A: Adamsville, Camden, Decatur, Houston, Lewis County, Loretto, Scotts Hill, Waverly

Region 7-2A: Gibson County, JCS, Milan, Peabody, Trinity Christian

Region 8-2A: BTW, Frayser, GW Carver, Hillcrest, Manassas, Mitchell, Oakhaven, Westwood

Region 1-1A: Cloudland, Hancock County, North Greene, Unaka

Region 2-1A: Coalfield, Greenback, Harriman, Jellico, Midway, Oakdale, Oneida, Sunbright

Region 3-1A: Copper Basin, Fayetteville, Grace Baptist Academy, Huntland, Lookout Valley, Moore County, South Pitt, Whitwell

Region 4-1A: Clay County, Gordonsville, MTCS, Monterey, Pickett County, Red Boiling Springs, Trousdale, Watertown

Region 5-1A: Collinwood, Columbia Academy, Cornersville, Mt. Pleasant, Perry County, Richland, Summertown, Wayne County

Region 6-1A: Clarksville Academy, Bruceton, Huntingdon, Jo Byrns, McEwen, Nashville Christian

Region 7-1A: Dresden, Gleason, Greenfield, Lake County, McKenzie, South Fulton, Union City, West Carroll

Region 8-1A: Halls, Humboldt, Memphis Academy of Health/Sciences, Memphis North Side, Middleton.

Ain't this sumin'?

Full article is: http://knoxblogs.com/xtracredit/2014/06/10/possible-new-regions-2015-football/

Edited by hevyrevy1611

IF there is a change (again) and TSSAA implements new system, then our district is Region 7-1A: Dresden, Gleason, Greenfield, Lake County, McKenzie, South Fulton, Union City, West Carroll. So instead of current 5 it'd be 7 district games, vs some great teams. So who would be other three games? >> My assumptive ideas: Maybe none from 1A, because if we see them in season then again in playoffs, it hard to beat same team twice. And to save gas expenses they need to be close as possible. And playing "bigger", tougher teams to me is better. So maybe, hmmm, Milan? Westview? South Gibson? Camden? even Murray or Mayfield if we can play KY teams in regular season. Who are 3 best, close-by non-district opponents 'IF' new system takes place? Assuming that they'll even want to play us.

Better keep those single A teams on the schedule and quit kidding yourself.   If Dresden plays more teams with winning record that would be something to brag about but the chance of playing Milan and Camden year end  year out   Ha   that wont happen.  

Edited by 34ME

Guest hevyrevy1611

Better keep those single A teams on the schedule and quit kidding yourself. If Dresden plays more teams with winning record that would be something to brag about but the chance of playing Milan and Camden year end year out Ha that wont happen.

Some replies are worthy of a response, others aren't... this is latter...