Dresden Lions 2014

hogheaven

Me too! Think I'll sell the house and bet it on the big D to win five straight state titles!! I can remember one lineman run sub 5 forty times and that was Alex Ellison. My opinion one of the most underrated players in our history. Quite the stud and really missed last year.

Dj ran a 4.9. Turnbow was around a 5. We have had a few athletic lineman. Made up for lack of size with speed and effort. When d lineman were too quick for Todd, he ate them. Showed problem solving ability! Football smarts

Turnbow was pretty fast for his size til he put on what looked like 100 pounds to play college football. Still around a 5.3 at 280-300 pounds. Dj was a really fast lineman but he wasn't heavy. Ellison is extremely underrated. He was unblock able in almost every game.

that sounds good. -IF- TSSAA changes, closest ones to us in new classes are Region 7-2A: Gibson County, JCS, Milan, Peabody, Trinity Christian... which just from this one district that's 8 years of games against great teams, play JCS, Milan, Trenton, TCA once each for a two-year cycle. They close-by too and awesome competition!). Yes keep Westview forever if possible, they would be Region 6-3A: Covington, CrockettCounty, Liberty, South Gibson, Westview. A new region gives us only 3 non-region games, and these ones mentioned are closest distance, plus the 2 KY teams. Only "permanent" rivalry I see is 3A Westview, and rotate out others from these nearby regions, even KY teams. It'd be a good mixture of different-style great teams that'll help prepare us in 1A. Now only 4A near us is Region 7-4A: Dyer County, Dyersburg, Hardin County, Haywood, Jackson North Side, Lexington, Obion County, Ripley. Most kind of far except Dyer Co & Dyersburg.. now Obion Co. is closest but IMO with their horrid, purposefully dirty playing they disqualified themselves from playing us again. Maybe other teams from their region? Just looking at at closest regions to here first off for 3 non-region games, then wanting teams in 2A or up (we'll see 1A teams those years we make playoffs, so to me why play those for non-district when we see them again?) Westview forever for 1st game of season, then rotate around in Region 7-2A for next non-district, then rotate Murray & Mayfield, with an occassional 3A or 4A TN team for last non-region game. Other 7 are already determined.

The best part of your post is "Westview forever for 1st game of season".....I hope this game keeps on going and it's consider "automatic" on the schedule. It's a good time for good friends/neighbors to get together and enjoy watching the young men play. I hope you guys get behind your new coach and encourage him to always keep us on the schedule. I just wished they would put this game on Thursday night every season....it brings a crowd. Bring those horns too....we really like the noise.

Guest hevyrevy1611

The best part of your post is "Westview forever for 1st game of season".....I hope this game keeps on going and it's consider "automatic" on the schedule. It's a good time for good friends/neighbors to get together and enjoy watching the young men play. I hope you guys get behind your new coach and encourage him to always keep us on the schedule. I just wished they would put this game on Thursday night every season....it brings a crowd. Bring those horns too....we really like the noise.

AMEN fanatic! Thursday games ROCK! That makes us among first games of football in whole state and LOTS of area teams & fans come to watch (who play Friday, they 'scouting' us both, our opponents taking a peek at 'enemy', ha). Whether they cheer for or against, they come.. bigger gate and concessions! Don't know why it not Thursday this year. I (and no doubt others will too) shall indeed put a bug in Coach Rang's ear. Man I can hardly wait for FOOOOTBALL! MAKING NOISE TIME! :D

Guest hevyrevy1611

And hopefully Turmbow's little- big brother does the same at nose

:) LUV our biggies! They make or break us imo. Older Turnbow told me that he believes his big-lil brother has potential to be better than he ever was. Imagine that! It fun to ponder>>> Could we ever get our own Michael Oher? Or several? Dude. :D

:) LUV our biggies! They make or break us imo. Older Turnbow told me that he believes his big-lil brother has potential to be better than he ever was. Imagine that! It fun to ponder>>> Could we ever get our own Michael Oher? Or several? Dude. :D

If little Turnbow had come here for all of his high school life, he could be extremely better than he is now. I feel like he didn't learn much in Bruceton

Guest hevyrevy1611

If little Turnbow had come here for all of his high school life, he could be extremely better than he is now. I feel like he didn't learn much in Bruceton

true. imagine if he developed in junior high here. and he will agree with all this no doubt if asked. he has a great heart and passion to win. thus his move here. lil bro told me that @ Bruceton most of guys just wanted a football jacket to impress girls & such, not really dedicated & serious at all, but he wanted to play with committed guys. his older brother here in Dresden had a different tale about teammates, so lil bro came to be with warrior-hearted players like himself. with his heart, and our coaching staff, no doubt lost time will be made up and then some. look at Michael Oher, he started playing football in his junior year I believe. to me, heart & sweat is 90% of a player's (and team's) success. these Turnbow brothers excell at both, as do most of our big guys! "h & s" baby, that seperates winners from wannabes!