Dresden Lions 2014

hogheaven

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hevyrevy1611

Hevy, got a rough 7 on 7 schedule to share?

No, not a rough one, but an exact precise one I do. (Ha! Whoop my tail later for smart-alecky remarks ... elder abuse! elder abuse!).

For the 7on7 summer "pass-league" games:

•Thu, July 10th, vs Gibson County, here @ 6pm;

•Sat, July 12th, @ Bethel (this is in all-day tournament)

•Mon, July 14th @ Bethel, 6pm;

•Tue, July 15, here @ 6pm;

•Sat, July 19, @ UTM (this is another all-day tournament);

•Mon, July 21 @ Bethel, 6pm.

Only opponent mentioned is Gibson Co. on this thursday 10th, which I suppose it doesn't matter who we play. Anyone have more info on opponents?

Then come scrimmage games in August,

•Fri, Aug 1 vs Lake Co., here @ 5:15pm;

•Fri, Aug 8 vs Dyer Co AND vs Paducah Tilghman (3way game), here @ 5:15pm;

•Fri, Aug 15, vs Murray KY @ Henry Co. Jamboree in Paris, it's the 4th game, the final "marquee" game. The jamboree starts @ 6pm.

Then.. ta da, that next week begins our 2014 regular season, FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS TIME!

Edited by hevyrevy1611

Guest hevyrevy1611

Speaking of healthy.... Any news on Coach Diggum? Heard he was in the hospital early this week

he was in very bad shape for a bit, almost died, but he better now he says. Keep him in prayers.

Guest hevyrevy1611

With all these 7 on 7's, and August scrimmages vs Lake County!, dude... Dyer Co.! yes.., Paducah Tilghman! whoa.. & Murray, KY! wow... talk about going for gusto & stepping up preseason competition! (Hope this high-calibre contests continue under Coach Rang!) By end of all this preseason battles our coaches will know what we have to work with. Then that next Friday after Murray scrimmage at Jamboree we face Westview in season opener. We better be ready! I think we will be. Hope everyone makes it through healthy with no big injuries. For ALL teams. Time will tell.:D

Edited by hevyrevy1611

No, not a rough one, but an exact precise one I do. (Ha! Whoop my tail later for smart-alecky remarks ... elder abuse! elder abuse!).

For the 7on7 summer "pass-league" games:

•Thu, July 10th, vs Gibson County, here @ 6pm;

•Sat, July 12th, @ Bethel (this is in all-day tournament)

•Mon, July 14th @ Bethel, 6pm;

•Tue, July 15, here @ 6pm;

•Sat, July 19, @ UTM (this is another all-day tournament);

•Mon, July 21 @ Bethel, 6pm.

Only opponent mentioned is Gibson Co. on this thursday 10th, which I suppose it doesn't matter who we play. Anyone have more info on opponents?

Then come scrimmage games in August,

•Fri, Aug 1 vs Lake Co., here @ 5:15pm;

•Fri, Aug 8 vs Dyer Co AND vs Paducah Tilghman (3way game), here @ 5:15pm;

•Fri, Aug 15, vs Murray KY @ Henry Co. Jamboree in Paris, it's the 4th game, the final "marquee" game. The jamboree starts @ 6pm.

Then.. ta da, that next week begins our 2014 regular season, FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS TIME!

Concrete.... Even better.

he was in very bad shape for a bit, almost died, but he better now he says. Keep him in prayers.

Oh wow. He's had heart problems for 3-4 years and from what I understand they can't really do much about it. He's a great person and the guys like to cut up with him. He does what he can to keep the kids inline too

Guest hevyrevy1611

Concrete.... Even better.

lol.. concrete.. back to some old posts.. and he was right too! And the addition of Paducah Tilghman on Aug.8 scrimmage was literally announced to team this morning. Fresh off press. I happened to stop by a.m. morning practice to watch and one of coaches told me. I was excited. Don't know who had a contact and how they pulled it off, but man I luv this approach of testing your mettle against best (even better than you) teams. That's only way to get better and stay top-tier imo.

Guest hevyrevy1611

Oh wow. He's had heart problems for 3-4 years and from what I understand they can't really do much about it. He's a great person and the guys like to cut up with him. He does what he can to keep the kids inline too

Diggum had taken his brother to ER in Jackson, and while in room at hospital with him.. bam.. huge seizures took him down beside brother's bed, it put him in coma for awhile too.. if wasn't for him being there he may not be with us anymore. Docs said they dont know cause, here some more pills. :-/ he was at a.m. practice today, getting on kids too. :D

Guest hevyrevy1611

The all day tournaments are fun if you can find a shade tree or two. I love the tournament style play too. Anyone else remember the Utm camp two years ago where we played west view in the semis? Might as well had pads on lol

gotta for sure bring own chair, umbrella for shade, own food & drink, but it worth it. Amazing how intense these "simple" 7 on 7's get. The warrior spirit comes alive in both teams and pads or not, IT'S ON! I recall one tourney (or was it two diff ones?) we won on literally last play of game, doing that more than once too. Scored a TD in one, made interception in another, I think that correct. Dang it's rough having a jumbled up old fogey's memory!