Early predictions for 8-AA 2014

Great game but hard to watch. These two young teams had multiple turnovers and missed assigments each. UH would have SC in 3rd and 20+ multiple times, and play a Defense with 7 guys in the box and man on man press coverage. Got them burnt multiple times. I guess UH doesn't know what twin safties 15-18 yards deep is. SC would play well but then give up a busted run or a catch and run 60 plus yards for a score. Either D looked good. LA by 2 or more scores on either of these two teams.

Great game but hard to watch. These two young teams had multiple turnovers and missed assigments each. UH would have SC in 3rd and 20+ multiple times, and play a Defense with 7 guys in the box and man on man press coverage. Got them burnt multiple times. I guess UH doesn't know what twin safties 15-18 yards deep is. SC would play well but then give up a busted run or a catch and run 60 plus yards for a score. Either D looked good. LA by 2 or more scores on either of these two teams.

Yeah...SC down to 3rd or 4th team tb. Will get some players back soon...hopefully. This was a survival game.

Yeah...SC down to 3rd or 4th team tb. Will get some players back soon...hopefully. This was a survival game.

I finally agree with you on one thing from 2013. UHS is clueless on D. Don't know how to play the down and distance at all. SC poised no threat running. But still UH played man to man with a loaded box, a 10 yard saftey shaded to the strong side,and blitzing on obvious passing downs. If you didn't guess right blitzing 60% of the time, the hung their young db's out to dry. I think SC problems on defense were youth and tackling. They obviously knew how to play cover two in 3rd and long.

LA showed off a few new weapons tonight along with some very strong runs by Linder. Most of his yards came up the middle tonight instead of around the ends. Starting D has yet to give up a point! They are getting better each game and will be very hard to beat if they continue to play like tonight. 

LA showed off a few new weapons tonight along with some very strong runs by Linder. Most of his yards came up the middle tonight instead of around the ends. Starting D has yet to give up a point! They are getting better each game and will be very hard to beat if they continue to play like tonight. 

The Field played into that, It was horrible. Worst I seen in years. Holes and ruts everywhere. I heard it rained a lot today, Didn't think it would get that jacked up before the kickoff though. Linder is tough, Qualls had some nice runs, and you could tell our boys were fighting hard all night long. LA Defense is good. Boss and Mooneyham had solid games running the ball and Jennings played well at safety, Could not connect on a couple screens that had some potential.