Early predictions for 8-AA 2014

ok he is great an a future all-american, CHS has 3 d-1 talents and will beat Rhea Co(who has no one on rivals) by 30+. Cause we all know Maynord will out coach Pemberton. Then CHS will be on the way toward playing for the 6a title in Cookeville in December. Back to 8aa, who comes out of this Friday ready to test LA in the weeks to come, or can MC actually pull the upset this week?

I have no idea how many DI players either team has. I have no idea if he will be an All American. I CAN say where he is ranked...and who is recruiting him. Cookeville is still in a rebuilding stage. They are much better than last year because of their coaching staff. They will be much better next year also. We shall see how they do against Rhea. I would take Maynord over Pemberton any day. Both are great coaches.

No...Macon will not pull the upset. They are better...but the win over a very mediocre TC has lost its luster. Westy found out they are not a contender either.

Look on rivals with search engine for Rhea Co, nothing comes up. CHS is said to have better coaching, more talent, and is a huge 6a playing a average sized 5a school so they should roll easy. Back to 8aa, a couple years ago UH had a real freak talent. 6'5-6'6, around 260, rumored to run a 4.7, and could do complete front and back flips from the standing position. As a jr had offers from (MTSU) that I confirmed, and rumored to have offers from WKU,GaTech, and about every OVC school size around. Only seen the kid play a fews times and he didn't pass the eye test at all. I don't think the kid went any where to play, or help UH get past 5 wins. To me, 75% should be based on the on-field preformance and 25% on camp type workouts. Lots of kids can jump a mile, run like the wind, and have great size but are not good ball players. And camps where there is no physical contact can also be iffy in judging talent. I am sure the kid is great, we will have to wait and see just how great. Wish him the best.