Maryville gloating accepted in this thread, calm down on the others

BackinTN

So it sounds like you live inside the school zone boundaries...that's not the group being discussed. Its the tuition paying students from outside of the school zone. 

It matters though. 

If even one out of zone student is playing football to the exclusion of even a water boy who lives inside the zone, then a disservice is done to the taxpayers.  It would be no different than not allowing an in-zone student to enough academic credits for graduation (or even enough french fries at lunch) if those credits (or french fries) were utilized by an out-of-zone student.

It is discrimination and it would be easily prosecuted if addressed in this context rather than by complaining about the football team's success.

Yes, they are quite tasty...

WELL BLOUNT CO. JUST WON TWO MORE CHAMPIONSHIPS....

APPLES.gif

This is it for me this year, fellas....Hockey season is in full swing now and goons gotta goon.

​See you in July and I will send texts for any Liar's Club/Recruiting meetings in the near future.

I already made reservations at Crawdaddy's for 30 on the first Friday in December....

For the rest of you,,,, BACK TO CLOWN COLLEGE!!!

GOOD NIGHT NOW.

OUT. 

(Oh and don't forget to like my Facebook page...:D)

Edited by AlcoasPaintedBridge

It matters though. 

If even one out of zone student is playing football to the exclusion of even a water boy who lives inside the zone, then a disservice is done to the taxpayers.  It would be no different than not allowing an in-zone student to enough academic credits for graduation (or even enough french fries at lunch) if those credits (or french fries) were utilized by an out-of-zone student.

It is discrimination and it would be easily prosecuted if addressed in this context rather than by complaining about the football team's success.

We're in a recession and lots of comedians are out of work.  Don't be taking their work by telling jokes.

It matters though. 

Seriously though. It sounds like more schools need to take OOZ players.

I recently read an article in the Daily Times in which the Alcoa School system claimed that after the $500 per student tuition, the state funds per student and the federal funds per student, the school system actually made money on these tuition students.  I don't understand all the math, but the article stated that Alcoa would "lose" money if they lost the tuition students.  With state and fed funds, MHS must be making a killing then if this is correct at $2,200 per year tuition.

Therefore the taxpayer is gaining by allowing the tuition students in, not the other way around.

Edited by OldRebel2

Seriously though. It sounds like more schools need to take OOZ players.

I recently read an article in the Daily Times in which the Alcoa School system claimed that after the $500 per student tuition, the state funds per student and the federal funds per student, the school system actually made money on these tuition students.  I don't understand all the math, but the article stated that Alcoa would "lose" money if they lost the tuition students.  With state and fed funds, MHS must be making a killing then if this is correct at $2,200 per year tuition.

Therefore the taxpayer is gaining by allowing the tuition students in, not the other way around.

Taxpayers never win.

Public education is not a business with profit or loss motive.  It is a government subsidized entity and, as such, must treat taxpayers with a certain equality.  At least in the eyes of the court.  It is why not allowing women to vote and segregated waiting rooms were abolished.

Of course Alcoa would lose money.  Any entity loses money if an income source is lessened.  Grocery stores lose money if they don't sell cigarettes.  Doesn't justify selling cigarettes.

This sounds like what they are doing in Oklahoma in 6A. Last night Jenks High School beat Union for the 6A title. It was the 18th straight Class 6A football championship won by either Jenks or Union. There’s nothing like it in the history of Oklahoma high school football. Next year there will only be 16 teams in The largest class.

Here is the write up from the Tulsa World:

http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepagelatest/john-klein-jenks-union-dominance-like-no-other/article_feab14e0-63bd-11e3-b738-0019bb30f31a.html

The article also addresses the youth programs at the two programs.

Fun Fact: Jenks is Maroon and Union is Red/Black...

Tulsee ewe cain't maik thait upp..... :popcorneater: