CPA beats JPII by 50?

BigENS

Doug,

To answer your question as to why i changed my name, many people would refer to me as "devil" for short and being a new christian i did not feel it was good for me to be called a devil so i thought i would change my name.  Besides now that my boys are out on their own i attend other games besides just Jackson County.  

Now to respond to some of these posts.... It does not bother me that someone calls me a liar as i know the truth and exactly what happened and how i was approached about bringing my son to CPA.  I have given a lot of thought about the whole private vs public debate and the recruiting stuff.  In my humble opinion i believe that it does happen in both arena's (public and private) and until TSSAA decides to split the two it will always be an issue and the ones that pay the biggest price are the county school systems because they are the ones at the biggest disadvantage.  Now the county schools that have open zoning are on the same level as the privates so my question is why wouldn't all county schools just adopt this idea?  

I no longer hold any grudges against the Private schools and from this day forward i will try my best to be objective in my posts when referring to them, after all this is a TSSAA issue not a school issue.  So going forward,  may the best team win no matter who it is or what sect they come from.  

Happy New Year!!! :popcorneater:

UCSports...  i cannot express the joy i have in your acceptance of Jesus as your Savior except to say i am so happy for you that i have shed tears of joy.  i will continue to pray for you.

We stayed in the great Union City last weekend while playing at Westview.  It would have been great to see you.  Not for sure if you have my email but if you do, send me an email.  If not, can you get it from Bob77?  I would like to talk to you more...

I have just a few points to make and they are aimed at no one in particular. First of all, I have no kids or affiliation at JPII, Goodpasture or CPA. I do have many friends at all of these schools. I was at the Goodpasture v Gordonsville game. GCS played their best game of the year and emptied the bench early. They did not press or run up the score. Would the opponent feel better if they had simply held the ball? They played their game and Gordonsville had a very rough night. Goodpasture is in a situation where they are superior to the teams in their region in both talent and coaching. The CPA issue is all about jealousy. Drew and his staff have done a remarkable job. Drew is a great promoter, not to mention coach, of basketball in Middle TN. He is good for the game and his teams are fun to watch. CPA and GCS have talented rosters and a deep bench. Its not like they have some scrubs sitting at the end they can put in to keep the score close. I enjoy the threads. Ignorance is always entertaining and those that speak of the private recruiting like they have been in the room with Drew, Sonn, Bowers, Flatt or Ronnie Carter when money has changed hands for a stud 4th grader make my reading very enjoyable.

• Upvote 1

... I believe you and all those that are convinced every school but "yours" recruits...

... even the fans, supports, in-laws, out-laws, parents of UC has broken this rule if it is based strictly on the wording of the book... 

... Show me the outrage "you" have on recruiting by turning in your own school for the same violations that is being claimed against other schools.

What you believe is wrong, I can assure you I am not convinced that every other school but mine recruits.  In fact, I am criticized for speaking to issues when I have an opinion related to a school I was employed at and had two children graduate from.  Somehow I have broken the unwritten rule of some people's skewed definition of loyalty.  I happen to be a overall fan of HS basketball and have my opinion even concerrns at times in how it operates.  My views would be consistent regardless of the school involved. 

Based on previous posts of yours, I admit I am surprised you appear to take the approach that it must be OK/right since "everybody is doing it."  I also find it interesting why a person would not base a rule by the wording in the book and find it interesting those who advocate the example is not a violation do not support it by the rules, but simply personal interpretation.  Just an observation. 

I can assure you I would never take the approach of overlooking violations at my school and then be critical of what is happening at another school.

What keeps this topic so hot is those that make the allegations with no knowledge...

... If people would quit accusing schools of inappropriate behavior based on rumor and what they see as "common sense" this problem would go away.

But not one-sided, this is true for both sides whether alleging violations have taken place or that violations have not taken place.  There are those on both sides of the topic who make statements they have no knowledge of, yet speak of it as fact.  I have not seen anyone on these boards who has the knowledge base, credibility or background who can make blanket statements that no violations have taken place, except you when talking about your grandson.  Yet, even you have admitted you were not privy to all conversations with him let alone any others.  I can deal with a person who is being honest, but those who attack without any more knowledge than the one they are attacking is a problem for me.   

But not all based on rumor.  I personally have never made any statement based on rumor, yet am attacked constantly.  There is more to it than that. 

... The CPA issue is all about jealousy...

I can assure you not with everyone.  Not everyone who has a different view point is a hater, or jealous or bitter...  There are those who are concerned about the rules or level playing field or philosophy or testimony...  There are those who simply believe multiple transfers does not support the philosophy of HS sports or the way a HS program should be built.  If that is the case, it should not be attacked.  A big part of the problem is supporters who use the "in your face" approach in regards to accomplishments and achievements without understanding or caring why it is not a well received approach based on the circumstances. 

.... Based on previous posts of yours, I admit I am surprised you appear to take the approach that it must be OK/right since "everybody is doing it."  I also find it interesting why a person would not base a rule by the wording in the book and find it interesting those who advocate the example is not a violation do not support it by the rules, but simply personal interpretation.  Just an observation. 

@kbrks, thank you for your observations.  But i can assure you i do not think, feel, or approve of any sort of rule violations.  The rules we all "play" by state recruiting is not allowed.  I stated was that if my daughter or mother-in-law discussing the advantages of going to "our" school is considered recruiting, then EVERY school, including "your" school.

I try to spend my time and efforts in providing the best atmosphere and attitude for "our" students to succeed.  I do not waste my time watching other schools to make sure they follow the rules.  Most of the real world that our children will be going into does not care about the rules.  They care about getting ahead at whatever the cost and if bending or breaking a few rules is what it takes, is alright by them.