CPA beats JPII by 50?

BigENS

DAD1 of course I have heard of those football programs. All you have done is provide a list of winning football programs and provided one name which certainly does not make a very compelling case. Seems to me with you having been part of the BHS football program for so many years, you could rattle off name after name, family after family that changed schools and/or moved into the area because of Coach Crawford. I simply wonder why you don't if "success breeds success" is so factual as you want me and others to believe.

As I said, not saying it never happens but my current view based on my knowledge and experience is simply being more about isolated examples, not a significant number as in the case of CPA boys basketball. If success breeds success and there are players who simply want to be coached well and around a program that wins most all the time whether they play or not (which has been advocated by those like you), show me where else it happens? Show me where a consistent number are changing schools and/or moving into the area to be part of the program. And since this is a basketball thread, any basketball program examples?

Yes it is. Notice they did not immediately dispute this like they usually do. Hard to dispute hard facts.

Yes, they are a predictable bunch. When they have the facts they will quickly supply them. When they don't or the facts don't support what they want to believe then they will respond by either ignoring, silence or personal attack (of course all in the name of their Christian beliefs). Though I have to admit that lately the personal attacks have subsided somewhat so I will currently give "credit where credit is due." We'll see though, still relatively early in the season.

kbrks it is sad to see you are still bitter CPA has been so successful after you left. I see no reason to name specific people as you wish to prove a point that I could care less if you  ever are convinced of. Have a good life but I'm done with you.

Yes, they are a predictable bunch. When they have the facts they will quickly supply them. When they don't or the facts don't support what they want to believe then they will respond by either ignoring, silence or personal attack (of course all in the name of their Christian beliefs). Though I have to admit that lately the personal attacks have subsided somewhat so I will currently give "credit where credit is due." We'll see though, still relatively early in the season.

Let's see - brooks was about 75 wins to about 60 losses at CPA in lat few years (no championships) Coach Maddox is about 220- 20 (2 championships and in the hunt every year) who would you want your son to play - not to mention brooks best year Andrew Houses senior year we couldn't even get past Grace Baptist Academy -

See what I mean drknows?  As soon as certain ones are pressed to prove their point (which they never end up doing with actual facts), it turns from the topic into something personal.  How does the topic of "success breed success" and me disagreeing with the conclusion of others turn into me being bitter?  Yet it does and happens time and time again.  It is actually comical.  

kbrks...I'm done with you.

Promises, promises and I have heard this one before.  This time we'll see if you can keep it. 

Let's see - brooks was about 75 wins to about 60 losses at CPA in lat few years (no championships) Coach Maddox is about 220- 20 (2 championships and in the hunt every year) who would you want your son to play - not to mention brooks best year Andrew Houses senior year we couldn't even get past Grace Baptist Academy -

Coach Maddux of course!

For the record (and sorry for having to repeat this), but my coaching record for the first five years was 101-54 which included 2 district regular season championships, 2 region championships, 3 sweet 16 appearances and 1 state tournament final four, all firsts in CPA boys basketball history (which Coach Maddux would not match in his first five years).  Yes, 8-18 my sixth year with very young and inexperienced team (did not have the fortune of multiple transfers with D1 ability coming in) and thankful a losing record had nothing to do with my contract not being renewed since that action would be opposed to the athletic philosophy at CPA.

Yes, I had some good players, but only one that would have actually been offered a D1 scholarship if he had decided to pursue basketball instead of football.  All others had to walk-on at programs, so not quite the talent level, which makes it hard to compare, but you keep trying.  But if you do, you it would be nice (and even a surprise) if you tried to be more accurate

What's so funny is that those who keep falsely accusing me of bitterness, jealousy, sour grapes, etc. can't seem to grasp that I have nothing against CPA.  I took care of all my responsibilities in the matter and dealt with that a long time ago.  Any "problem" that remains is simply posters as professing Christians who personally attack and falsely accuse as they talk about things they don't know about. 

Guess it is time to delete another CPA thread, truth starting to hit to close to home for some.    

Promises, promises and I have heard this one before.  This time we'll see if you can keep it. 

Coach Maddux of course!

For the record (and sorry for having to repeat this), but my coaching record for the first five years was 101-54 which included 2 district regular season championships, 2 region championships, 3 sweet 16 appearances and 1 state tournament final four, all firsts in CPA boys basketball history (which Coach Maddux would not match in his first five years).  Yes, 8-18 my sixth year with very young and inexperienced team (did not have the fortune of multiple transfers with D1 ability coming in) and thankful a losing record had nothing to do with my contract not being renewed since that action would be opposed to the athletic philosophy at CPA.

Yes, I had some good players, but only one that would have actually been offered a D1 scholarship if he had decided to pursue basketball instead of football.  All others had to walk-on at programs, so not quite the talent level, which makes it hard to compare, but you keep trying.  But if you do, you it would be nice (and even a surprise) if you tried to be more accurate

What's so funny is that those who keep falsely accusing me of bitterness, jealousy, sour grapes, etc. can't seem to grasp that I have nothing against CPA.  I took care of all my responsibilities in the matter and dealt with that a long time ago.  Any "problem" that remains is simply posters as professing Christians who personally attack and falsely accuse as they talk about things they don't know about. 

Guess it is time to delete another CPA thread, truth starting to hit to close to home for some.

Hilarious

Depends on your motivation--if it's all about winning, Maddux of course.

If it's to have the overall experience of athletics according to what CPA claims to provide--and at this point does provide in every other sport the answer is not Maddux.