CPA beats JPII by 50?

BigENS

Nothing like letting him continue to boost his stats, instead of allowing bench players to play. He had a nice write up in the paper recently. What do the rest of you think? Is that good sportsmanship?

How about it CPA fans? Why? How about it Dad, others? Give me one good reason other than trying to pad stats, you would allow him to be in the game much less shoot more 3s. It's like being ahead 40 points in football and still throwing TDs with your 1st team QB in the game. This explanation should be entertaining.

How about it CPA fans? Why? How about it Dad, others? Give me one good reason other than trying to pad stats, you would allow him to be in the game much less shoot more 3s. It's like being ahead 40 points in football and still throwing TDs with your 1st team QB in the game. This explanation should be entertaining.

My prediction- there won't be any explanation from the CPA fans on this one- because there is no legitimate reason for a starter firing up 3's in the second half (which starts with a 46 point lead).  The real reason probably showed up in the Tennessean a couple days later- that Jake is in 11th place in the nation in career 3 pointers.  Expect a lot of 3's the rest of the year- even in blowouts- as he moves up the list!

My prediction- there won't be any explanation from the CPA fans on this one- because there is no legitimate reason for a starter firing up 3's in the second half (which starts with a 46 point lead).  The real reason probably showed up in the Tennessean a couple days later- that Jake is in 11th place in the nation in career 3 pointers.  Expect a lot of 3's the rest of the year- even in blowouts- as he moves up the list!

In that case, I wouldn't take him out of another game the rest of the year.  You people act like TN is a hotbed for basketball talent.  The very best at CPA or anywhere in the state only go to mid major schools.  Allsmiller is going to Ga. Southern.  Not exactly Kansas or KY.

You should spend time in LA, Philly, FL, NY where the real talent is.  In TN, it's all peanuts.

My prediction- there won't be any explanation from the CPA fans on this one- because there is no legitimate reason for a starter firing up 3's in the second half (which starts with a 46 point lead). The real reason probably showed up in the Tennessean a couple days later- that Jake is in 11th place in the nation in career 3 pointers. Expect a lot of 3's the rest of the year- even in blowouts- as he moves up the list!

Honestly if you seen Jake play you would know he is as one demential as they come he is a set shooter. Mid range is average, dribble, defense, rebounding, creating off the dribble all below average. His 3 point shot is above average. Should he have been in the game? No, 9 out of 10 coaches would have had him on the bench. With that said it is still the coaches decision. He's in the game so stop him. It's really not that hard face guard and make him do something he is not comfortable with, in his case that's everything besides giving him that set shot. If you can't do that then swallow the 61 point beat down.

Now I didn't see the game but if the CPA coach kept his kids in that full court press in the second half and continuously tried to speed up the game. Or kept Jake in there just to chase individual records. You (CPA Coach) are as classless as they come.

I agree that typically that as a group the top 10 or so TN teams are a large step below the top 10 teams in a lot of states - FL GA, CA, IL, NY,TX and others. They are also a step above the top 10 in other states - KY, MS, AL and others. For the most part, it is a factor of larger population states and states with bigger urban cities having more quality teams and players. 

As far as the very best players in TN only going to mid-majors, that is not true. The top 10 or so best players from TN each year typically go to major schools and do very well. There is a large bunch playing well in D1 right now that graduated in the last 3-4 years from TN schools. Pothress (KY), Hubbs (TN), Mason (UTC), Bradshaw (Belmont), Prather (FL). Memphis is a top 20 team with 7 players from Memphis on the roster. There are 15 TN HS players in the SEC right now. It is right to say that TN HS's do not produce as many D1 players as many other states, but that is again mostly due to low population and few large population urban centers. They same could be said of states similar to TN like Iowa, Neb.,MS.etc.

It will be interesting to see how the CPA/Ballard game comes out later this season as Ballard is a Top 30 team nationally and has played several top 20 teams and competed well. IMO, CPA and White Station are the 2 best TN teams in all classes this year, but there are some states with 5-10 teams as good as these 2.

Do you guys think blowing pretty much everyone out all year will hurt yall at the borro?.

Haywood is bettet than Southside imo..I think they will give yall a pretty good run for yur money..I would love to see Union City play u guys win or lose..lol..They beat Southside early in the year..UC is a very good single a team. .They did lose to Humboldt but couldn't throw it in the ocean..But bounced back to beat a better SOUTH Fulton tesm by 16..Msybe yall can call Sisco and schedule a game next yr.

Don't think our schedule will hurt us. Actually, we play more top quality teams than most everyone else in AA. This year we have played and beaten Brentwood, Oak Ridge and Kenwood, who are all Top 15 AAA schools. We beat a couple of good out of states at the Arby's and lost to a very good Ga. team. We play Ky. Ballard later this year who is Top 30 nationally. No AA school in TN plays "up" as much as CPA.

I agree Haywood and maybe 2-3 other AA teams in TN. could beat CPA on a good night when CPA had a bad night. Haywood is probably the most likely candidate. I saw UC play last year in the state and they could not hang with CPA. Would be interesting to see.

No respone on firing them up ahead 66-20?

Well let's see....ice cream man said he should play the entire game, at least he answered somewhat, sports nerd did not touch the subject, surprising as he seems to have deep knowledge of CPA.

Again, why do you keep him in and let him fire up 3s when you are up over 40 points? Were you worried that the other team could cut the lead to less than 30 before the game ended and actually feel better about themselves?