CPA beats JPII by 50?

BigENS

I guess this approach is working for them. They get more publicity in the Tennessean than all of the other schools in middle Tn combined. Waiting for upcoming article on Blackwell-surely coming soon. CPA basketball is without a shadow of a doubt the most disliked program in the state. How is that mission work with the publics going now? It is easy to see what the top priority and real mission is. Just be what you are, go to d2 and play on a level field, and all the anger directed at you will cease. I am sure ice cream boy or someone else will come up with an obscure bible verse to justify what they do. As Kodger stated earlier-many publics don't get a shot every year and are up against it when competing against the Maddux assembled aau team. Sportsmanship be darned when glory is at stake. #8 checking out I guess.

Cry a little louder.  You need to run the shell drill a little harder.  LOL!

You are a perfect representative of CPA ice cream boy. Go dominate some pick up at the Y against a group of 12 year olds and beat your chest.

Mumblety-peg (also known as mumbley-peg, mumblepeg, mumble-the-peg, mumbledepeg or mumble-de-peg) is an old outdoor game played by children using pocketknives.[1] The term "Mumblety-peg" came from the practice of putting a peg of about 2 or 3 inches into the ground.

But when you have the state's best defense, you can shoot your mouth off.

what.

a.

joke.

I wish to make one last and final post on this thread. I understand the animosity because some people just like to be that way. I have been on both sides of this coin. One of the CPA players is a relative so I'm on that side now. I think if they could they would play the highest level of competition possible every night. TSSAA requires you to be at the same level in all sports and I'm not closely attuned enough to know why they are in the public class, nor do I care. They have a reason and it is right to do so. My exception to many posters is coming down on the kids for playing their best. I know with my relative he is at summer camps, workouts, etc while a lot of his "non-AAU type" friends are playing around, goofing off, working, etc. I wonder where these kids were Thanksgiving night? My relative was in the gym working on his game. These kids that have been blessed with a unique athletic ability are most often the hardest working ones that put the time and effort to further develop that skill. For that should they be rewarded by only getting to play enough of the game to win it? Is that how we reward the high achievers in this world? If Reba McIntire sings in a church choir should she sing badly to fit in?

Maybe society should take from those high achievers and re-distribute their assets to those that either don't have as great an ability or are not willing to pay the price and put out the effort to do so. Let's reward those by redistribution from the achievers. Sounds familiar doesn't it?

OBAMA would like that, I will have to agree with you DAD1. When your child spends his Summers and Vacations working out he is missing out on all the other things his friends are doing. Its kid of like in our Jobs, while a lot of us were going to College and sacrificing you had others partying and having a large time. 20 years later a lot of them wish they would have done it different. Pay Now Play Later.

Still waiting on the outrage and 21 pages of blasting for any of the teams i mentioned before that obviously kept scoring on this one particular team.

We dont know if any of those teams had players in there in the second half working on breaking a record, and there are no prior bad feelings about them on here that I remember.

Edited by Indian

We dont know if any of those teams had players in there in the second half working on breaking a record, and there are no prior bad feelings about them on here that I remember.

So you really don't know for sure if the guy was in trying to break a record, because you did not ask him. And besides, your anger and hate dictates your words and actions

Not sure I understand this post, but maybe I am slow. East made 13 3's in a game they won by 44, which is similar to what created criticism for CPA. East won the 1st half 50-21. I wasn't there but I wonder how much their starters played. I know Holt had over 20. East had 12 players score just like CPA usually does in blowout games. Seems like East's starters built an early big lead, then subbed liberally, just like CPA does. Good for them both. What's the problem?

BTW, some interesting stats (to me anyway):

- CPA's margin of victory average this year - 33

- CPA avg. 1st half scoring - 44

- CPA avg. 2nd half scoring - 38 (pouring it on scoring less in 2nd half?)

- CPA margin of scoring 4th quarter - 3 (14-11) (pouring it on winning by 3?)

So, they have led an avg. of 30 after 3 quarters and only added 3 to that in the 4th.

I really don't see that as pouring it on. But again, I am not looking for ways to criticize.

Not sure I understand this post, but maybe I am slow. East made 13 3's in a game they won by 44, which is similar to what created criticism for CPA. East won the 1st half 50-21. I wasn't there but I wonder how much their starters played. I know Holt had over 20. East had 12 players score just like CPA usually does in blowout games. Seems like East's starters built an early big lead, then subbed liberally, just like CPA does. Good for them both. What's the problem?

BTW, some interesting stats (to me anyway):

- CPA's margin of victory average this year - 33

- CPA avg. 1st half scoring - 44

- CPA avg. 2nd half scoring - 38 (pouring it on scoring less in 2nd half?)

- CPA margin of scoring 4th quarter - 3 (14-11) (pouring it on winning by 3?)

So, they have led an avg. of 30 after 3 quarters and only added 3 to that in the 4th.

I really don't see that as pouring it on. But again, I am not looking for ways to criticize.

That makes perfect sense to me, but will be a foreign language for most on here. 

:popcorneater: