CPA beats JPII by 50?

BigENS

... I will say, I cannot ever remember you agreeing with any post from a CPA supporter no matter how reasonable it was. I can remember you supporting posters who personally attacked those at CPA. Correct me if I am wrong.

I will pledge to post based on opinion and facts about teams and games, not suppositions about someone's character, intent, or faith. If I mess up, call me out. Will you agree to the same?

Nerd, actually I do it all the time.  To refresh your memory let me point to some of the recent ones.  I just agreed with both jett and DAD1 on this page even though they attack me all the time.  I also agreed with you on a football thread that you were not "talking smack" in regards to CPA football when others accused you of doing so. 

And yes, you can call me out anytime you want, I welcome the accountability.  But please use my actual words and support what you are saying with the facts.

...My point is that we all make mistakes and create perceptions that may not be the entirety of who we are. Regardless of how I feel about someone and my perception of them, I should not assume they are evil and that everything they do is bad, and I should not take every opportunity to discredit them without first hand knowledge of the situation. None of us would want to be treated that way. The fact that CPA beat JPII by 50 is undeniable - that they were bad sports is not a given, just as it is not a given when any team wins big.

I agree, the actual number does not automatically dictate whether there was poor sportsmanship involved or not, but it does not mean the question can't be asked or the premise can't be presented.  What certain CPA fans don't get is that based on the circumstances it is inappropriate to promote it in a way as how "great" the accomplishments are or attack those who disagree.  Because the reality is, it is not that great.  It is not simply about how many championships are won, it is how they are won.  When you build your success on multiple transfers with D1 ability, particularly in HS when it is not the design, then it really isn't that big a deal.  Not many are going to be that impressed because who couldn't do that?  Now if more teams had 3-5 D1 players every year in their starting line-up, then it would be different.  That is a reality and an accurate description of the current situation, not perception. 

My point for years has been "first hand knowledge," but that goes both ways.  Information can be gained via perception or reality/truth.  Not everything is perception that has been stated as perception.  And I know 100% that too many CPA posters do not have this "first hand knowledge."  And they are always revealed when they turn from discussion to personal attack.  When will all CPA posters based on the community they represent turn from attacking (cyber-bullying)?  To be more accurate, CPA (and some of their fans) have no one to blame but themselves how others currently perceive or think about CPA boys basketball (and yes that has affected how other sports and the school is perceived which is too bad). 

Isn't it interesting then every year someone wants to simply talk CPA basketball, yet that thread is never sustained.  How deep is this year's thread buried?  Why is that?  IMO simple, one of the reasons is what is there to say except CPA wins big based on the talent discrepancy.  Which is the way it will be until someone actually beats them in a meaningful game or the talent level evens out to where accurate comparisons can once again be made. 

kbrks, I don't totally disagree with you views, and I am not blind to the issues. You have a lot of inside knowledge, others have little, some have none and "pile on" based on what is posted. I don't know how all millionaires got their money, but I do know some cheated and some didn't, and some will assume they cheated regardless.

I understand that some dismiss CPA's accomplishments due to the private/public issue and a real or assumed misuse of the system. That's OK. The CPA players and fans, for the most part, cannot control anything except play where the TSSAA places them, prepare to excel as best they can, and enjoy it. What would you have the players and fans to do? Dread every day, lose on purpose, and not support their team? The kids and fans can only accept the situation, accept the criticism and enjoy life.
It would be different if the CPA side was starting threads on how they demolished another team. For the most part (with a few disgraceful CPA posters like all schools have) CPA posters don't trash talk or chest bump, especially in basketball. They know the perception and try to be sensitive. But we should be able to discuss the games as long as they are being played. BTW, there are more blowouts this year due to the TSSAA moving CPA to District 12 versus a more competitive District 10. What control did CPA have over that?

Have a great day. One thing for sure. These discussions will continue and that's OK, but we need to respect others and that includes coachers, players and fans. I would respectfully ask IceCreamMan to tone it down.

kbrks, I don't totally disagree with you views, and I am not blind to the issues. You have a lot of inside knowledge, others have little, some have none and "pile on" based on what is posted....

...The CPA players and fans, for the most part, cannot control anything except play where the TSSAA places them, prepare to excel as best they can, and enjoy it. What would you have the players and fans to do? Dread every day, lose on purpose, and not support their team? The kids and fans can only accept the situation, accept the criticism and enjoy life.

...They know the perception and try to be sensitive. But we should be able to discuss the games as long as they are being played...

I would disagree that most who actually post try to be sensitive, there have been way too many who only do what they accuse others of doing to CPA (render evil for evil).  What I would have all the CPA fans do is only talk about what they do know and not attack others.  Be willing to defend a position by healthy debate, discussion with facts and willing to listen and understand the other side of the issue.  That is all I would expect of fans and players who don't control certain aspects (be very humble in light of the circumstances).  Much like Coach77 did during his (or her) football playoff posts.  And when you don't and you are called out on it be mature enough to repent of it (much of what I sense you are trying to do). 

Fairview's kids were not dirty in the playoff game.  It's the way their kids play defensive line.  Do you expect a 5'0 150lbs. kids to stand up and give a Mr. Football Lineman his chest every play?  I'd hope not!  They had a good plan in place on the defensive line and CPA struggled to run the ball in that game all night.  The long passes to # 9 and # 7 were the difference in changing the game. 

I know this is a basketball thread but that's my two cents about the playoff game in football. 

Great point!  Though you quickly find those who seem to confused between defending their position with simply becoming defensive and attacking.  There is a big difference.  I am with you, just answer the question, makes you wonder why that is so difficult for some.  

Does that mean he can't ask a question or have an opinion any longer?  Ridiculous.  Surely hasn't stopped you from having one nor those like you with your cutting remarks.  Posters like you crack me up.  You cry out for an example of recruiting, the guy gives a personal one and you attack him like crazy.  Now you attack/mock new found faith.  Just goes to show...

If you'd look back at his posts, genius, you'd find out what I'm talking about.

Do you have an example of recruiting?  Of course not.  You're just an old crusty has-been coach who's pissed because he got fired and now you're not man enough to take it.  The burden of proof is on you and you can't prove a thing.  Except that your full of hate, jealousy and envy.  

Requiring proof of an accusation is not attacking.  You make up this stuff as you go and it has no legs to stand on.

In 2 sentences or less, what is your beef with CPA? 

Edited by IceCreamMan

Fairview's kids were not dirty in the playoff game.  It's the way their kids play defensive line.  Do you expect a 5'0 150lbs. kids to stand up and give a Mr. Football Lineman his chest every play?  I'd hope not!  They had a good plan in place on the defensive line and CPA struggled to run the ball in that game all night.  The long passes to # 9 and # 7 were the difference in changing the game. 

I know this is a basketball thread but that's my two cents about the playoff game in football. 

CPA had 145 yds. rushing vs. Fairview.  I think the issue is Fairview not knowing how to defend the victory formation.

...I don't know 'bout all that, but the rich CPA Recruits are KILLIN' the richer Ensworth Recruits...

Them poor Hwy. Hunerd boyz are just plain playin' skeerd.  I'm SHOCKED and if I was them I'd be embarrassed!  Blackwell goes above the square.  Can any of the Tigers touch the rim?

Y'all reckon WUXP would consider showin' a game between two normal schools...say like Cheatham Co. and Greenbrier? :roflolk:

CPA had 145 yds. rushing vs. Fairview.  I think the issue is Fairview not knowing how to defend the victory formation.

145 yards rushing?  Wow!  That's a lot!  I'm sure high school coaches around the state are begging for an offense that would average 145 rushing yards per game. 

Nevermind......I coached offensive line on an offense that averaged over 300 rushing yards per game this year!  145 = WEAK! 

145 yards rushing?  Wow!  That's a lot!  I'm sure high school coaches around the state are begging for an offense that would average 145 rushing yards per game. 

Nevermind......I coached offensive line on an offense that averaged over 300 rushing yards per game this year!  145 = WEAK! 

Don't have to run much when you're throwing for 250+ yds.   Diving at knees when you're down 3 scores is weak among other things.