Father Ryan invitational

Wrestlinggeek

Where was Eli King? He will be back right?

Btw... Folks that shoot as quickly as Eckhart, you will not win cross facing, off your hips, scrambling from underneath (unless you are a Tate R. Or Connell) front head locks and good sprawls may be a bit more effective. Best to fight fire with fire imo. He will out hustle you, reminiscent of Alex Ward (mccallie/utc)

Auburn kid beat him 11-9 in the semis. He was winning most of the match until he got stuck in a cradle and gave up 3 near fall with ten seconds left. If they wrestled again the MJ boy would win. Wish we could have saw him and Kirby Simpson from Father Ryan in the finals.

Sounds like the young wrestler from MJ still hasn't met a buzz saw yet.  No longer protecting

a perfect record, he can now work hard over the next couple weeks to prepare for Regionals

and hopefully a trip to the "Barn".

He was very disappointed losing that match. The loss didn't kill him. He said all day I want to wrestle Kirby. They are friends. Kirby stomped a mud -hole in him when he was a 7th grader like 16-5 or something close to that. They have not got to wrestle since then.  But you ought to have seen how disappointed he was when the lights went out and the one mat was highlighted. Sorry yall he tried to get there. Great job Kirby. Looking at our schedule he will not get to see Kirby again. Kinda sucks. Maybe a practice scrimmage this summer or something. That's o.k. though a lot of other good ones to wrestle.

Sounds like the young wrestler from MJ still hasn't met a buzz saw yet. No longer protecting

a perfect record, he can now work hard over the next couple weeks to prepare for Regionals

and hopefully a trip to the "Barn".

The only kid in his region that would be able to give him a match is Dickerson from Wilson Central. So I betting he's in the region finals already unless something crazy happens. And with the rest of MJ's schedule he probably won't see a buzz saw until state. I'm thinking he will surprise a lot of people when he hangs with that buzz saw for all three periods. He goes strong from start to finish. He will beat most in the third period if it's close after two.

He was very disappointed losing that match. The loss didn't kill him. He said all day I want to wrestle Kirby. They are friends. Kirby stomped a mud -hole in him when he was a 7th grader like 16-5 or something close to that. They have not got to wrestle since then. But you ought to have seen how disappointed he was when the lights went out and the one mat was highlighted. Sorry yall he tried to get there. Great job Kirby. Looking at our schedule he will not get to see Kirby again. Kinda sucks. Maybe a practice scrimmage this summer or something. That's o.k. though a lot of other good ones to wrestle.

If they are friends, maybe he could get an invitation to attend w/end training sessions at Ryan

Edited by HSDAD

He was very disappointed losing that match. The loss didn't kill him. He said all day I want to wrestle Kirby. They are friends. Kirby stomped a mud -hole in him when he was a 7th grader like 16-5 or something close to that. They have not got to wrestle since then.  But you ought to have seen how disappointed he was when the lights went out and the one mat was highlighted. Sorry yall he tried to get there. Great job Kirby. Looking at our schedule he will not get to see Kirby again. Kinda sucks. Maybe a practice scrimmage this summer or something. That's o.k. though a lot of other good ones to wrestle.

You probably will not see Kirby Simpson at any Spring or Summer tournaments.  He is a strong baseball player and only wrestles during wrestling season. 

We know . We have heard if he had to make a choice it would be baseball. Also heard he is reeeeaaaalllly good at it.  Just would like to get the work in with him.  Dickerson from Wilson will be a real good one. He will wrestle him a couple of times soon. Lane is a very good wrestler. He has beat simpson before. That match at the Father Ryan Tournament was great. 2-2 and decide by a stalling point. Both wrestlers were planning on overtime you could tell. But instead it was decided by a stalling point with less than 5 seconds in the match. At that point it was anyones match. Shoulda gone to overtime. A very good wrestler in Dickerson was put out and should have been in medal rounds. The only thing I would have changed about the format of the tournament would be all double elimination on the second day. At the end of the tournament, Kirby had 1 loss. lane had 1 loss. Zack had 1 loss. Auburn kid had 1 loss. Koo in 4th had 2 losses both to zack. Lane never had the chance to face 3rd or 4th place. I wont make any predictions don't want to make enemies. PAT NEXT YEAR DOUBLE ELIMINATION ALL MATCHES 2ND DAY at least in the gold division. OOps to the point would love to practice and learn from Kirby. Or anyone willing to do it. We even have a small mat here at home lol. Thanks for the support for my freshman yall. He hates when I post says it seems arrogant.