Class A Clarkrange vs Class AAA Cookeville

BigFan1966

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, win of the century! i watched clarkrange play several times in the sonic shootout and to be quite honest they wer awful and i don't mean any disrespect. they wer losing game after game by 30 points so for them to beat cookeville well that's awesom.

Yes sometimes we can play awesome, and at times I get to wondering where they are even at, we have a problem most of the time finishing a game.. Tonight was one real game to see, I had it a blow out before it even started..

Having seen Clarkrange play multiple times, and having seen Cookeville play I will say I am quite surprised by the win. CR has a couple of kids who play well, and they do have some size, but Cookeville's overall talent level and Coaching is IMHO far better.. It would definitely qualify as a big upset. It should be interesting to see what Coach Bray's squad does when the Range goes down there to visit on Feb 10th.

Having seen Clarkrange play multiple times, and having seen Cookeville play I will say I am quite surprised by the win. CR has a couple of kids who play well, and they do have some size, but Cookeville's overall talent level and Coaching is IMHO far better.. It would definitely qualify as a big upset. It should be interesting to see what Coach Bray's squad does when the Range goes down there to visit on Feb 10th.

I'm afraid they will eat us alive... We needed a big win though and this was a good one..

Edited by BigFan1966

After watching CR play the past few years, they have certainly beat good teams. They have beaten some good teams the past few years like Stone Memorial, Bledsoe Co., Watertown, Clay Co. Boyd Buchanan, etc. However, they seem to lose to teams they shouldn't. Anyway, CR is a team that when playing well, can make a tournament run.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• No reasonable lawyer would take up this case. I am not a lawyer, but I know school law in and out.  Similar situations just like this play out thousands of times each year across the country, even at the college level (i.e. Ole Miss)  The Plaintiff's never win...ever.  If I am wrong, please provide a legal precedent for me. I will be waiting.  https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/39431892/judge-drops-ole-miss-player-lawsuit-lane-kiffin  
    • Yes Justin Cruse was named head coach
    • It used to be, I think it still is, a change of 20% +/- gives reason to reclassify. Schools can choose to play up classifications but not down. Here is the mid cycle reclassification info on TSSAA.org When Memphis East changed from a regular public school to an "all-optional" school in 2017 the would've dropped to A but chose to stay in AAA in basketball (baseball, and softball) Penny was still coaching there and with the players they had they would've beaten A teams by 40 and slept walked to the championship. Other Memphis schools stayed in their classifications (mostly in basketball) until the next reclassification cycle. Of course this is the same time that a 4th class was added basketball.
    • TN USA Freestyle & Greco-Roman State Championships Registration Deadline Tonight 5/2 at 8 p.m. CST! Links to register for this weekend's state championships at Summit H.S. below: Freestyle State Championship Tournament https://unapproved website/tw/opentournaments/VerifyPassword.jsp?tournamentId=853379132 Greco-Roman State Championship Tournament https://unapproved website/tw/opentournaments/VerifyPassword.jsp?tournamentId=853380132
    • Who has more access to kids? Charters? Privates?