Moore County

Footballfan27

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Truth is, if a guy can coach and win football games then someone will hire him. May not be right but that's the way it is. Rush Propst is a good example. You would think with what he did that he would never get a job again and he has one of the best jobs in GA. Bobby Petrino took just a couple years to overcome his screw up. As long as you don't murder or rape someone etc. and you can win football games then someone will hire you.

Truth is, if a guy can coach and win football games then someone will hire him. May not be right but that's the way it is. Rush Propst is a good example. You would think with what he did that he would never get a job again and he has one of the best jobs in GA. Bobby Petrino took just a couple years to overcome his screw up. As long as you don't murder or rape someone etc. and you can win football games then someone will hire you.

Maybe so in college sports,But shouldnt be that way in High School.I know people dont care much for role models anymore but at this age they need as many as they can get.Good luck to Moore County they have a good tradition down there.

I agree with you that coaches are role models. What about a coach that gets a DUI or one that has affairs or one that marries a former student? How about one that curses players out? Should they have jobs? We as parents are role models but we do make mistakes. He wins football games. He will still get to coach football.

If you are saying Coaches have to be perfect then there would be no coaches in the country. Coaches make mistakes like everyone else its about how or if they own the mistake and how or if they use it to teach their players a lesson.  Mistakes can be a great platform to speaking to kids about choices they will one day have to make.  I think it depends on the particular coach not the coaches mistake.  

If you are saying Coaches have to be perfect then there would be no coaches in the country. Coaches make mistakes like everyone else its about how or if they own the mistake and how or if they use it to teach their players a lesson. Mistakes can be a great platform to speaking to kids about choices they will one day have to make. I think it depends on the particular coach not the coaches mistake.

Very good points here.