Region 1 finals predictions

newcoach215

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Storm didn't wrestle at Region Duals. Missed weight for 138 (+3) by 4 tenths.

First round results:

Science Hill 66 - Morristown East 18

The Hill let JV kids wrestle the last 5 weights (120-145)

Jefferson 43 - DB 33

Big swing match was Virgil finally getting the win over Palmer on the third try. It was an early pin, but he didn't catch him in anything crazy. Simple takedown right to a half.

Finals score:

Science Hill 52 - Jefferson 21

Exciting back and forth match for the first half of the dual until SH won the last 6 weights including 3 falls and 2 tech falls.

Science Hill and Jefferson are the 2014 Region One State Dual representatives.

Not sure. It will be a shame if he dosent. I wasn't even aware that he'd been out.

Talked with Storm briefly missed weight at the regional duals by ounces said was the only thing that kept him out of the regional dual, I am hopeful he will be fine during individuals - nice kid.

So Newcoach did you make it to the reg. duals, was a pretty exciting match up between DB and Jeff.  Was impressed with Jefferson county effort to get to state.  The Hill was really good in the finals but all the matches were competitive.  Glad I made the trip enjoyed it very much!

Talked with Storm briefly missed weight at the regional duals by ounces said was the only thing that kept him out of the regional dual, I am hopeful he will be fine during individuals - nice kid.

So Newcoach did you make it to the reg. duals, was a pretty exciting match up between DB and Jeff. Was impressed with Jefferson county effort to get to state. The Hill was really good in the finals but all the matches were competitive. Glad I made the trip enjoyed it very much!

No I was not able to attend I had to work late. Very surprised to hear about English getting the win over Begley

Storm didn't wrestle at Region Duals. Missed weight for 138 (+3) by 4 tenths.

First round results:

Science Hill 66 - Morristown East 18

The Hill let JV kids wrestle the last 5 weights (120-145)

Jefferson 43 - DB 33

Big swing match was Virgil finally getting the win over Palmer on the third try. It was an early pin, but he didn't catch him in anything crazy. Simple takedown right to a half.

Finals score:

Science Hill 52 - Jefferson 21

Exciting back and forth match for the first half of the dual until SH won the last 6 weights including 3 falls and 2 tech falls.

Science Hill and Jefferson are the 2014 Region One State Dual representatives.

The Palmer and Virgil match, Palmar from what I have heard tried a move and just got caught. The people I talked to are non biased and not taking anything away from Virgil. He has had a great year and continues to do so. The match in my mind would have been a great one if it went all three periods. Just my thoughts.These are two great wrestlers and can make a lot of noise come February. Good luck to both of them!

I know no one may think the Hill has much chance in the matchups at state, I however am hopeful and think they match-up well with Maryville by weights.  Of course I am especially looking forward to 195 as no one seems to give much of a chance - but never underestimate will to win and desire to step up against a challenge in some people, you never know.

I have looked at the matchups with second dual either Cookeville or Ravenwood and unless the wrestling is just that much better on the west (which it may be) there are some matchup situations as well that could lead to a close match or a win.  We have some pinners that can collect bonus points and scramblers that if they don't win are likely to only drop 3 pointers...  A little self belief is good medicine.

I know no one may think the Hill has much chance in the matchups at state, I however am hopeful and think they match-up well with Maryville by weights. Of course I am especially looking forward to 195 as no one seems to give much of a chance - but never underestimate will to win and desire to step up against a challenge in some people, you never know.

I have looked at the matchups with second dual either Cookeville or Ravenwood and unless the wrestling is just that much better on the west (which it may be) there are some matchup situations as well that could lead to a close match or a win. We have some pinners that can collect bonus points and scramblers that if they don't win are likely to only drop 3 pointers... A little self belief is good medicine.

I think that might make it to the conso quarters or semis