Region 1 finals predictions

newcoach215

Your talking out of your ear hole. I never said Jeff county is a superior team. Your saying Greenville made a huge difference. They didn't. You put a team like pigeon forge in our region, now that's a superior team. Jeff county has two seniors. The rest is freshman, sophomores and two juniors.

Now before you bash Greeneville too much lets remember a couple things. 1 we still make the playoffs and do something in football unlike some teams Jefferson so many wrestlers were in their first week on the mat. 2. There were 3 starters that did not even wrestle that match at all. 3. Greeneville has probably 4 or 5 top 2 seeds if still in AAA region 1 - Jon, Vance, Carlson, and Knight for sure. How many Jeff got? Come on dude average? Really? You should know some facts before saying a team is average. Claiming an early season victory by 1 is your best? Wow.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok fellas easy there.  No doubt Greeneville and SE had an impact and 2 seymour kids I have seen would have been 2 or 3 seeds likely.  the truth is the split hurt all some and gave a bunch more kids medal opportunities, my choice that doesnt matter, is i wish regionals and state were not watered down a bit like they have been but not going to change...

Edited by marshiebaby

Now before you bash Greeneville too much lets remember a couple things. 1 we still make the playoffs and do something in football unlike some teams Jefferson so many wrestlers were in their first week on the mat. 2. There were 3 starters that did not even wrestle that match at all. 3. Greeneville has probably 4 or 5 top 2 seeds if still in AAA region 1 - Jon, Vance, Carlson, and Knight for sure. How many Jeff got? Come on dude average? Really? You should know some facts before saying a team is average. Claiming an early season victory by 1 is your best? Wow.

Thanks Baller. All I'm saying is that if you take an above average team or even average team out, you lose depth which makes the region worse. Period. Even Cleveland is missing chat central and hixson

Edited by Nobodyknowsme10

ok fellas easy there. Know doubt Greeneville and SE had an impact and 2 seymour kids I have seen would have been 2 or 3 seeds likely. the truth is the split hurt all some and gave a bunch more kids medal opportunities, my choice that doesnt matter, is i wish regionals and state were not watered down a bit like they have been but not going to change...

I don't think anyone is saying they wanted it. I sure didn't for my son. But it is what it is and is not changing so wishing is good but won't change a thing. I only think if someone says losing Greeneville, Sullivan East, and Seymour - who had the Region 1 tourney MOW just 2 or 3 years ago btw, is fooling themselves saying they are losing average teams.

I said boatman is a stud. I could care less about football. You can't even compare football to wrestling. I thought you might be from Greenville. We won your GIT tournament this year with a team full of freshman and sophomores.

Winning an individual tournament means nothing. You can have a couple good kids and have everyone else average and win

I said boatman is a stud. I could care less about football. You can't even compare football to wrestling. I thought you might be from Greenville. We won your GIT tournament this year with a team full of freshman and sophomores.

Point of football is they had missed many weeks of practice. Makes no sense? There is football shape and wrestling shape. Of course I'm from Greeneville. I never called Jefferson an average team. You chose to call a pretty good Greeneville team one. Glad y'all won the tournament. That's awesome for you. I like your coach and think you all have good times to come but be careful calling a team average. You may step on toes. Hopefully some of those fresh and soph can become a Tyler Johnson type wrestler for you, grasshopper.

Edited by baller95

Tyler Johnson is a great wrestler. Look guys. I'm just picking and tying to have some fun. I' m not dogging any kid. These kids all work hard. But I will say wrestling is an individual sport. If you want to play a team sport play football or basketball.

Then if you are talking about individuals did you bring up team scores in duals? Might want to look at the rosters instead. Losing Greeneville and Sullivan east probably loses two more state placers. That is talking individual. Not team. I can guarantee you no one but you brought up the "team" point.

Tyler Johnson is a great wrestler. Look guys. I'm just picking and tying to have some fun. I' m not dogging any kid. These kids all work hard. But I will say wrestling is an individual sport. If you want to play a team sport play football or basketball.

Then if you are talking about individuals why did you bring up team scores in duals? Might want to look at the rosters instead. Losing Greeneville and Sullivan east probably loses two more state placers. That is talking individual. Not team. I can guarantee you no one but you brought up the "team" point.

And on Tyler you are absolutely right. He is a great wrestler. Who for Jeff is going to fill those shoes. We know him well and traveled many a mile with him in the offseason. More Jeff kids should hit the offseason like Tyler did.

Edited by baller95

Dude. Like I said. Just trying to get your feathers ruffled. To many people on here are wound to tight. The individuals make the team. Not sure yet whose going to fill those shoes. English, Hux, Collins, Townsend. Who knows. To be honest I hate duals. I have wrestled and I've coached. Relax....slow down....take it easy.