Region 1 finals predictions

newcoach215

Dude. Like I said. Just trying to get your feathers ruffled. To many people on here are wound to tight. The individuals make the team. Not sure yet whose going to fill those shoes. English, Hux, Collins, Townsend. Who knows. To be honest I hate duals. I have wrestled and I've coached. Relax....slow down....take it easy.

No not wound tight at all. Just not much for those who play calling teams that have been solid contributors to the old region 1 average. I like to stick to fact and numbers to promote growth and note accomplishments in Region 1, not use the forum to bash others hard work. King Greene and TMarshall are two guys who promote hands on and work to make Region 1 kids better. More should follow their example and respect the sport and make Region 1 a force in the future. We need more Tyler Johnson's and Luke Halls not HS season wrestlers only. If you want to ruffle feathers and play get on a Sommers forum and do so. He likes controversy. And that's not a shot at him.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Point of football is they had missed many weeks of practice. Makes no sense? There is football shape and wrestling shape. Of course I'm from Greeneville. I never called Jefferson an average team. You chose to call a pretty good Greeneville team one. Glad y'all won the tournament. That's awesome for you. I like your coach and think you all have good times to come but be careful calling a team average. You may step on toes. Hopefully some of those fresh and soph can become a Tyler Johnson type wrestler for you, grasshopper.

Football shape and wrestling shape makes perfect sense... No doubt every team has progressively gotten stronger and their cardio has improved...

No november team is the same experience wise or physically as the February team...

Agreed one tournament independent of all other factors means nothing but taken as a whole with the totality of the circumstances- it is meaningful.

Jeff county's team is young and inexperienced but they have grown this year- more than others I don't know- but growth and learning has occurred...

Edited by BlackknightGATA

Dude calm down. Let me change my wording a bit to not make it sound like I'm bashing your school. Look when I wrestled Greenville was a true powerhouse and so was morristown east. I'm just saying that other teams have risen to Greenville's level of competition. It's not just a Green Devil and Morristown East Hurricane show anymore, like it used to be. Again, relax. I'm not saying that Greenville is terrible; I'm just saying that maybe the competition is better than is was in the past.

Dude calm down. Let me change my wording a bit to not make it sound like I'm bashing your school. Look when I wrestled Greenville was a true powerhouse and so was morristown east. I'm just saying that other teams have risen to Greenville's level of competition. It's not just a Green Devil and Morristown East Hurricane show anymore, like it used to be. Again, relax. I'm not saying that Greenville is terrible; I'm just saying that maybe the competition is better than is was in the past.

Again I am very calm. You called Greeneville an average team. Your words. So I can't disagree? You can have that opinion completely. But based on them being out of AAA region 1 will lose state placers. I think that is safe to say is very probable. Anytime you lose a team that is putting out state placers you are weakening your region. Safe to say?

I think Jeff has really improved and with the enrollment they have and the core team being young should become a force in region 1. I think y'all have a great future as a team but ask yourself this - who on that team is a future state placer with their current lack of offseason travel? Tyler Johnson jumped in every big tournament out of state he could. That is what each school should be promoting. You say you are talking individual results. What I am talking about is the core to achieving individual results at a state level not region level.

Bottom line is: you were wrong.

Greeneville most definitely made the region tougher.

Compared to state level, our region is currently one of the weakest. Whether you label Greeneville as average, good, or great doesn't matter. They have the coaches and individuals that make our region better.

The region tournament will not feel the same without Greeneville. You will be missed at The Hill this weekend!

I can tell you of four that can medal at state by there senior year. As a matter of fact I'll put our 285 Townsend leaving with a medal this year.

I hope Townsend does. He could be a fine wrestler. My point is Region 1 needs to not have the goal of placing by your senior year. Need kids ranked and known state wide as competing for state medals as sophomores, juniors, and seniors regularly. Heck even some stud 106 and 113 wrestlers known as freshman. Does region1 have that now? No. That is the problem I point to. That is not a Jeff co problem but a total region issue. We have talked about that on here for years. Reducing the total level of competition due to the split hurt that tremendously with those that are left. It should not be a four team show. Anyway I hope those 4 look at traveling in the offseason and get that medal sooner than seniors. I really do.

Edited by baller95

I agree with you. All of the teams in this area need to find some room for improvement. Until the schools get the "money making" sports out of there head it's going to be hard and the kids are going to have to go out on there own way. Our administration at our school probably doesn't care if wrestling exist at Jeff Co or not and it's sad.

I think Jeff has really improved and with the enrollment they have and the core team being young should become a force in region 1. I think y'all have a great future as a team but ask yourself this - who on that team is a future state placer with their current lack of offseason travel? Tyler Johnson jumped in every big tournament out of state he could. That is what each school should be promoting. You say you are talking individual results. What I am talking about is the core to achieving individual results at a state level not region level.

Don't presume that no one on that team is working in the off season. You may not be aware of the work but that doesn't mean it's not happening.

Your dead on- post season work is the basis for in season success. And every school should be promoting it but if they don't- then it is their coaches and parents that have to have the forethought to make it happen...

Two weeks from now is the beginning of the 2014-15 season...

I see some surprises coming out of Jefferson county in the next few years.

Edited by BlackknightGATA