Region 1 finals predictions

newcoach215

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to watch the tourament this past weekend in pigeon forge and our guys in region 1that were there may not have came out on top but definitely wrestled well and its a long ways away from season. Griffin English was there and I didn't get to watch him too much but when I did he looked like he was wrestling well. Zach Bynum took a loss to kieta(pigeon forge) 6-4, broyles took a loss to fox(halls) 5-3 in overtime and surprisingly D'anthony Davis from mowest only lost to Alex breeden(pigeon forge) 4-2. Bryson hux also lost to nick Crawford (heritage) 7-4. Landon Porter only suffered a loss to a Virginia opponent this past weekend. Also there was a 285 wrestling for the Morristown team that was wrestling like a stud! Probably need to figure out his name. LOL. Regardless bynum was wrestling very sharp this weekend and already better. English has shown improvement. Hux looks like an animal regardless of taking losses. Broyles is faster and takedowns are ON POINT. Porter wrestled well but seemed very out of shape. Davis surprised me left and right. I want to know more about the heavyweight.That's all I got right now. There was probably more region 1 guys there but just mentioned what I saw.

• 2 weeks later...

Who all did Zack Bynum wrestle at Pigeon Forge? What was his scores? He is a solid kid! Good form on this kid too!

i only saw him a few times but he looked good. I expect a state medal from him. Anyway, being a Morristown native I thought I'd drop in on a summer workout and I spoke with Landon Porter and Griffen Broyles. Its crazy that none of those guys remember me managing their teams when they first started! Lol! Anyway, they ar both excited about their senior years and im excited to after what I saw. Landon said he will be anywhere from 32 to 45 and Griffen says he will be at 52. He said he needed the loss he took to Fox from Halls in OT a couple of weeks ago and its served as a real wake up call. As a whole ALOT of those kids looked like studs. Mowest is not that rinky dink team were used to anymore. They have a solid freshman class coming in and a lot of guys coming back from injuries. Haden Whitelaw, Thaddeus Grothe, and Thad Simerly are all coming back from injuries. Whitelaw suffered a back injury his freshman year and is back.. And he will be a favorite to win regions at 220. Serious stud that wrestles like a 38 pounder. Grothe moved here from Texas this year but was hurt early on not sure what it was but was having a good year. He should be 60 or 70 and Thad Simerly broke his hand and couldn't wrestle and he should be at 95 or 82. I'm just glad to see that program is picking back up with some solid guys ths season. As for MoEast they obviously have guys like Williams(who I've not seen in a long time), Porter, Short, and Talley. All pretty tough kids but other than that no depth in their line up. After what I saw MoWest should be back at the regional duals this season. Probably won't make it much farther but they will more than likely be back for the first time in 2 seasons. Edited by newcoach215

He is a senior and when I asked him about last season he wasn't happy and I wasn't going to poke at a sore subject lol. Oh and yes as far as I know coach rudd is still there.

thanks...he will bounce back...tough young man and hard worker...I like Coach Rudd

Edited by wingman10

Newcoach -- Yes it says a lot when you're talking about Region 1.  And forgive me, but Mtown West is an also ran--what did you see that makes you believe they are anywhere near the top 4 in Region 1?  I'll be surprised if they are top 6.  Science Hill, Dobyns Bennett, Jeff Co, Tenn High, Crockett are the top 5 (in no particular order) but please explain how West goes from worst to top 4, is there a huge infusion of talent that we've all somehow missed?