white co. vs cumberland co.

90warrior

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be a good game, I saw White Co. play at Stone a week or so ago.  CCHS is definitely not the same team as last year though, very young and learning.  I think most teams have "seen the tape" now, and they are more prepared for them now - we may have caught some folks off guard at the beginning of the season.  If White County can handle "heavy pressure", it will be a good game.  The freshman, Carlton, has started for the Lady Jets the last two games - scored 36 on Cleveland this past Saturday and tormented their veteran point guard to the verge of crying - Carlton is "cat quick" and anticipates movement (for steals) unlike many - plus she can knock down threes too.  This CCHS team can be among the best in the area, but they are so young - they can lay an egg on occasion (Rhea Co.).  They are so capable, but probably a year away from a serious run toward the glass house. White Co. is among several schools that can beat them. Go Lady Jets.

I too saw WC at SMHS and was impressed with their quickness and overall skill. I agree with Tenntwin that handling the CCHS pressure is key. Honestly a lot of teams handle CCHS pressure early, but few have been able to match CCHSs intensity for the game while being able to keep their cool. The Rhea game was an example of a lot of things not going well at the same time. Long winning streak, flat team, a couple kids not feeling well, and then they overlooked Rhea.

I don't think they will overlook WC. I believe this will be a great game. IMHO WC will have to shoot the ball extremely well, and not turn it over to beat CCHS.  WC is very capable of doing it, but Coach Miller will have them ready, so I still go with CCHS on this one.

I have to go with White County on this one. It will definitely be a game to watch, but if White can shut down Cumberland's leading scorer, Carlton, the game is in the bag. I definitely think that controling her is the main key in this game. However, Hyder also has the ability to take control.