Baylor-McCallie and what else?

oldster

What fun reading all the scrapping this morning! Sure beats cleaning up the garage! Great atmosphere for wrestling last night. And while most of the posts and posters seem to be both knowledgeable and passionate, we could do without some of the personal attacks.

The kids work very hard. Coaches work hard. And yes, champstrain, the officials work hard. All of us watch matches with our tinted glasses on. And officials know that most every close call they make is wrong with half the gym. That's just how it is. And yes, sometimes they get it wrong. But much more often they get it right. We all get unlimited looks on every call using whatever digital media we choose, rewinding and forwarding countless replays. Great for fans, but......

The official gets one look in real time. Cut him some slack. The two calls generating all the rage in the 138 and 182 matches can be debated in favor of either side. The fact that the calls were made, not passed on, is evidence that the official was involved, engaged and focused.

And Sommers, disregard the personal rants of those few folks hiding behind the anonymity of their board names to disparage all you do to promote educational athletics. I for one appreciate you.

Sure we'll just continue to write it off and in the meantime continue to belittle the sport and its athletes for the sake of mediocre officials.

I gave you a positive vote for that ScottOsters, check's in the mail too!

I love the sport and those who sacrifice to make it all the better! Like you said about officiating you can't make everyone happy, and I know as an official in the 80's,,, it takes a lot of time to be the best, or even average. Tater and Donnie are two of the best.

In the mean time, I personally know Gossett, Hunt, Mo, BBB and have spoken with each of them in the last week. Many of them know I've been associated with the Tennessee Press Association since 1987 and actually worked for them for 6 years.

The Noise Makers thread gives their articles more attention (500-600 Viewers per day) than CoachT's home page and it's a convenient tool for many, although some dislike.

Again, thanks for the kind words. I have friends/parents (and foes) on both sides that go back over 40 years. Could have sat on either side comfortably,,, actually saw a big foe sit three rows in front of me that made me smile. Like an old family feud to me sometimes. REALLY, It's about the kids and our Great Sport!

Its all about the kids yet all you do is brag and try to draw attention to yourself.

I just watched the video and here is my only question because its the only one that I have some kind of control over: HOW THE HECK CAN I GET TICKETS TO NEXT YEARS MCCALLIE V BAYLOR DUAL?  WOW!! WHAT A GREAT MATCH AND ATMOSPHERE!  I HAVE NEVER SEEN A HIGH SCHOOL WRESTLING MATCH WITH SUCH TREMENDOUS CROWD INVOLVEMENT FROM BOTH SIDES!  SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT I NEED TO DO TO RESERVE/BUY MY TICKETS NOW FOR NEXT YEARS MATCH!  BOTH SCHOOLS SHOULD BE PROUD OF THE EFFORTS OF THEIR WRESTLERS, COACHES, AND FANS!  ALSO, IS THERE A WAY I CAN PURCHASE A COPY OF THE VIDEO.  I CAN USE IT AS A TRAINING TOOL FOR WRESTLERS AND STUDENT BODY MEMBERS!  PURE EXCITEMENT!

Darrel Lauderdale

Edited by TeamTN
  • Upvote 1

How about butting out of a topic that doesn't concern you. You have no dog in the fight. As usual you just want to stoke the fire. This had nothing to do with you but you needed the attention and got involved. Check your facebook for any new friends you've been begging for and stay off the wrestling topics. Something you know much less about than you pretend.

I believe that most of the pride in directed toward the refs for their efforts and involvement during the match.

• Upvote 1

Is this comment intended for me?

How about butting out of a topic that doesn't concern you. You have no dog in the fight. As usual you just want to stoke the fire. This had nothing to do with you but you needed the attention and got involved. Check your facebook for any new friends you've been begging for and stay off the wrestling topics. Something you know much less about than you pretend.

I believe that most of the pride in directed toward the refs for their efforts and involvement during the match.

Youthcoach16, the credibility issue is with you. When a wrestler backs up and it sounds like a UPS truck backing up, it is stalling. When a wrestler wants to get to the middle of the mat, he can. Do not blame another wrestler for a wrestler playing the edge. You keep pointing out moves and scores, and then you state the Baylor wrestler sprawled. He did not. He kept backing up while the Ryan wrestler was going forward. The issue here is in the truth. You ranted when it did not go Baylor's way and you even deleted a post taking a shot at a wrestler. Now the calls go in Baylor's favor and you agree. Well, I reviewed the tape on coacht and one wrestler is moving forward and the other is moving backward.

Hopefully McCallie will see Baylor again next week in the State Duals and live through it again.

There were no shots taken at a wrestler , I deleted it so there wasn't any misunderstanding. Luckily you aren't an official or this board would be blowing up after any match you officiated. This thread was about the Baylor vs McCallie match , or it was supposed to be until you started grasping at straws. It was a great match by a great group of young men in the absolute most exciting environment possible. I can't wait for the rematch and to see Connell vs Robinson III and Parker vs Hoodenpyle II.

I just watched the video and here is my only question because its the only one that I have some kind of control over: HOW THE HECK CAN I GET TICKETS TO NEXT YEARS MCCALLIE V BAYLOR DUAL?  WOW!! WHAT A GREAT MATCH AND ATMOSPHERE!  I HAVE NEVER SEEN A HIGH SCHOOL WRESTLING MATCH WITH SUCH TREMENDOUS CROWD INVOLVEMENT FROM BOTH SIDES!  SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT I NEED TO DO TO RESERVE/BUY MY TICKETS NOW FOR NEXT YEARS MATCH!  BOTH SCHOOLS SHOULD BE PROUD OF THE EFFORTS OF THEIR WRESTLERS, COACHES, AND FANS!  ALSO, IS THERE A WAY I CAN PURCHASE A COPY OF THE VIDEO.  I CAN USE IT AS A TRAINING TOOL FOR WRESTLERS AND STUDENT BODY MEMBERS!  PURE EXCITEMENT!

Darrel Lauderdale

Darrel,

The crowd was electric.  The student sections were jumping up and down the entire match.  It was great to be there and soak up the atmosphere.  The gym was rocking and it was typical of a Baylor/McCallie wrestling match.  Another one for the books.  Hopefully, we will get to see this again next week; however, I doubt it will have the same electricity.  If you ever get the chance, it will be worth the trip.

Well, my plan now, since the Pigeon Forge Tigers will be making the trip, is to be at the State Duals Next Weekend.  So, I have even anticipation than before but I have to get tickets for next years McCallie v Baylor Duals!  I may need to call in a few FAVORS for next year!

Edited by TeamTN

Well, my plan now, since the Pigeon Forge Tigers will be making the trip, is to be at the State Duals Next Weekend. So, I have even anticipation than before but I have to get tickets for next years McCallie v Baylor Duals! I may need to call in a few FAVORS for next year!

Darrell, tickets are VERY hard to get at Baylor because of limited space but if you let me know ahead of time I will get you one!

Darrell, tickets are VERY hard to get at Baylor because of limited space but if you let me know ahead of time I will get you one!

I am letting you know now! lol.  Wow, after watching the video clip of that dual, I am kicking myself for not making the trip!  I'll buy the tickets an bring you a WHOLE SMOKED PRIME RIB if you can get me in!

Yes it does. It wasn't in the center it was on the edge. He sprawled and then came back up to his feet but his opponent had a leg so he turned and was kicking out just like any wrestler would do but since they were already on the edge the kick out forced him farther out.

If you're talking about the edge of the inner circle I guess you are right. You might want to look at the tape.