Baylor-McCallie and what else?

oldster

You would like referees to become even MORE subjective and put degrees of violation?

LIke, since its McCalie and Baylor, you only call the really blatant infractions? Or when its Soddy and Bradley we swallow our whistles on stalling in the last 40 seconds......isn't that really putting it more so into the judgment of officials?

It is the desire of every official to let the kids wrestle, let them settle it. I totally agree.

But then did the McCallie kid keep it in his hands or put it in the hands of the official? Was he wrestling or did he literally walk off the mat. Never attempted to turn and face his opponent.

What about the Baylor coach? Should he have not wanted the call?

Sorry. That was text book fleeing.

Officials don't want to make those calls. But we are forced to.

Alright alright. Touché. I see where your coming from. Just wish a call like that wouldnt decide a match in the last 15 seconds. What about the Robinson takedown, you agree with that too?

Alright alright. Touché. I see where your coming from. Just wish a call like that wouldnt decide a match in the last 15 seconds. What about the Robinson takedown, you agree with that too?

hmmm.....

That ones more subjective. 

Trying not to be an apologist for officials.......it is difficult to feel control from here.  I think Connell had control but didn't know he had it, he didn't demonstrate it, and I can say that by virtue of how Robinson reacted and Connell fell off where upon Robinson took control, demonstrated it and scored 2.

I know Don.  All the Chattanooga officials solidly call out "TWO POINTS, TAKEDOWN RED/GRREN....."  We train new officials to do that for exactly this circumstance.  Both men have to know when a takedown has been earned.

In my view (without being there) Robinson wrestled to the whistle, Connell did not. 

We can disagree here, but that is what I saw.

hmmm.....

That ones more subjective.

Trying not to be an apologist for officials.......it is difficult to feel control from here. I think Connell had control but didn't know he had it, he didn't demonstrate it, and I can say that by virtue of how Robinson reacted and Connell fell off where upon Robinson took control, demonstrated it and scored 2.

I know Don. All the Chattanooga officials solidly call out "TWO POINTS, TAKEDOWN RED/GRREN....." We train new officials to do that for exactly this circumstance. Both men have to know when a takedown has been earned.

In my view (without being there) Robinson wrestled to the whistle, Connell did not.

We can disagree here, but that is what I saw.

I agree Robinson had 2, but whether Connell noticed, or acted like he had 2 or not, it was very clear that he did. And i think that most everyone in attendance including Baylor fans, saw it. Connell had 2 and it should've been called that way before he ever lost control and Tate got control. But like you said, very difficult call to make. I wont argue that it was the total wrong call, i just definately dont agree with it

I agree Robinson had 2, but whether Connell noticed, or acted like he had 2 or not, it was very clear that he did. And i think that most everyone in attendance including Baylor fans, saw it. Connell had 2 and it should've been called that way before he ever lost control and Tate got control. But like you said, very difficult call to make. I wont argue that it was the total wrong call, i just definately dont agree with it

And that's fine.  Hey we miss some, I do not deny that.

In that situation, I would have wanted Connell to demonstrate that control because in a half second Tate had secured the takedown which makes me think Connell never had it.

If I had it to review again, I might agree with you.

Edited by reftn

I have a great idea how about the referees do the job they are paid to do and stop deciding the winners of matches and duals. Its called CONSISTENCY! They either never call anything or they call it when it doesn't apply just to change the outcome. If you don't know how to do the job then don't attempt doing it. I'm not just talking about this match tonight either, we see it all the time. So now the refs want the kids to concentrate on selling it to the refs in order to score? What are they supposed to do, stop the match and and "demonstrate" that they got a takedown or that the other guy has been pinned 3 times already? Should the wrestler tell the ref in the middle of the match 'hey ref I'm trying to pin him but he's just laying there and stalling'? Your ridiculous! Why should they have to take the concentration from the match to the ref just because the refs are all obviously incompetent and unqualified? But hey its alright yall miss some? heck just get a few of them right and it would be a great improvement! Who's training these idiots? Even the announcer tonight said several times that there were several bad calls and the refs weren't even getting into position to call pins. What's sad is that state medalists and champions are many times decided by a handful of idiotic refs who lack the intelligence and backbone to make the correct calls. What a disgrace! Two years in a row the refs hand Baylor a victory over McCallie. Maybe they are trying to make it up to Baylor for earlier in the season when they gave the win to Father Ryan. Surprised a certain dad didn't whip someone over one of the matches the ref stole from Baylor in that one. Do the refs even know what they are doing to this sport and how they are conditioning Tennessee wrestlers by their sub-par officiating? Just because some of the refs have been involved in wrestling for a couple decades doesn't mean they are qualified or even good at what they do and it certainly doesn't make them hall of fame worthy. The buddy system is ruining this sport and I'm ashamed of what I see each year and how its progressively getting worse.

Somers your the biggest idiot in the state and you'd be doing the state a service by shutting up and deleting your account. No one likes you and no one cares what you have to say. All you do is pretend to know everyone and kiss people's butts by saying what you think they want to hear. It doesn't matter who deserved the match it only matters what the score is at the end. Did Robinson deserve his win too? Does everyone deserve a ribbon? Why bother keeping score when we could just officially let the refs decide the winner by who they thinks deserves it. That's what's going on anyway.

Will this match be broadcast over the internet?

Is there anything better than a Baylor/McCallie match in wrestling?

The match this year proves more interesting due to State Duals seedings.  McCallie lost to MBA earlier this year and if they lose to Baylor, will be the 4th seed in the Middle/East Region for the State Duals.

Thoughts?

After watching the match tonight, I ask the same question, "Is there anything better than a Baylor/McCallie match in wrestling?"  There is not a better crowd for wrestling than this dual meet.  Tonight proved me correct.  A great match by both teams; however, questionable calls entered into the match that determined the outcome.

Where are the Baylor fans ranting about the officiating with the calls at 138 and 182?  I guess it only happens when it does not go their your favor.  I am not a fan of either; however, you must be consistent.  The fleeing (?) the match was horrible at 182.  Why was there no call from Baylor like there was last week?   

Will this match be broadcast over the internet?

Is there anything better than a Baylor/McCallie match in wrestling?

The match this year proves more interesting due to State Duals seedings.  McCallie lost to MBA earlier this year and if they lose to Baylor, will be the 4th seed in the Middle/East Region for the State Duals.

Thoughts?

After watching the match tonight, I ask the same question, "Is there anything better than a Baylor/McCallie match in wrestling?"  There is not a better crowd for wrestling than this dual meet.  Tonight proved me correct.  A great match by both teams; however, questionable calls entered into the match that determined the outcome.

Where are the Baylor fans ranting about the officiating with the calls at 138 and 182?  I guess it only happens when it does not go their your favor.  I am not a fan of either; however, you must be consistent.  The fleeing (?) the match was horrible at 182.  Why was there no call from Baylor like there was last week?    Not only does it determine the match result, it determines the team match result.  After last week, there were comments while the match was in progress and there were comments made and deleted.  Where are they now?

I just went to enjoy good wrestling like I remember it at many matches throughout the years.

Thought mccallie was gonna win it,but Parker did what he had to do, tate hung on to scramble on top, no sour grapes here... Just my opinion which is what this board is Al l about, whether you have 5 posts or 13,000. Can't please them all as they say ...but I do know the noise makers thread that some may hate is going to become the most viewed thread of all time in a matter of one week.

There are a few who may find some value in my throwing a few things out there, and a few who may enjoy throwing a few jabs.

Btw...my htc1 suddenly died uploading that final match and it is now at 40% completion at a higher res