Baylor-McCallie and what else?

oldster

What do you expect from commy reds? Of course they are silent now and destroying evidence of their hypocrisy. One match wasn't even enough help for them to win so the refs were bold enough to offer help again for the second time in the last match of the dual. A match that McCallie won the last time they wrestled. Baylor never wins that match if the refs don't give him freebies in the last seconds.

Summers didn't I tell you to delete your account? Congrats on your 13,000 worthless posts and your boring copy and paste noise thread as you call it which is probably the biggest accomplishment of your life. In what way did Parker do what he had to do as you put it? It was tied and with only seconds remaining the ref did what he had to do and give Baylor a free point for the match win and the dual win for the second year in a row. Tate hung on by the grace of the officials despite Connell doing what he had to do to win. Just keep to viewing your pride and joy thread you keep bragging about and stay out of the grown up conversations. You can have that one just stay off the other threads. Yes its exactly what happened last year at state.

Somebody please call the wambulance! McCallie should have won the last match, thus their first in 7-8 attempts. Hoodenpyle didn't turn it up until the flee call, before then it looked like a 285 match 99% of the match. The first period was like Zero activity toward scoring.... The flee call was an Encore of this pattern throughout

Somebody please call the wambulance! McCallie should have won the last match, thus their first in 7-8 attempts. Hoodenpyle didn't turn it up until the flee call, before then it looked like a 285 match 99% of the match. The first period was like Zero activity toward scoring.... The flee call was an Encore of this pattern throughout

Okay so since Baylor has won the majority in the past decade it was the refs duty to steal the match from McCallie once again for the second year in a row? Your more stupid than I thought. How many of those majority wins were gifts? I didn't see any more action from Parker in the first period. The flee call happened with single digit seconds remaining so how did he even have a chance to turn it up then? The refs didn't give him a chance to score again because they gave it away at the very end of the match ensuring the win. Your wrong once again like you are 99% of the time. So please enlighten all of us with your infinite wisdom and knowledge of wrestling and the wrestling community and explain how did he deserve the win. was it because he lost the last time they had met? Shouldn't you be promoting and directing more traffic to your plagiarist copy and paste thread or maybe your pathetic facebook page to get more friends?

What a great match! The Baylor parents arent complaing about the calls because they agreed with them. We arent complaining and comparing it to the Father Ryan match because it would be ridiculous to compare the two matches. There were two close calls tonight but there werent blatant horrible stalling calls as in the Father Ryan match. Obviously I am biased and wear red tinted glasses but I actually told coach Connell after the match I thought that call could have gone either way. I filmed the match for the Robinsons and now after watching it I agree completley with the call on the takedown. It was very close but Tate still had an underhook and immediatley used it before Adam could demonstrate control. Ill post it if I can . Again, very close and I wouldnt have been shocked to see it called the other way. As far as the fleeing call, I like Hoodenpyle a lot but it was fleeing 100%. Im sure he didnt intentionally flee but if your opponent is in scoring position and you leave the mat they have to call it. The exact same call was made last year against my son vs McCallie in the state , my son didnt flee intentionally but he left the mat trying to react to a shot and unfortunatley its fleeing.   The two officials are about as good as it gets and I thought they did an exemplary job tonight in a very energy charged environment and they didnt try to control the outcome of the matches in any way. I had dinner with a large group and there were numerous coaches there from other schools and everyone there agreed with the calls, even a few McCallie people. This was an incredible high school sporting event we witnessed tonight. My hats off to all the young men on both sides that fought their hearts out. 

Edited by YOUTHCOACH16
  • Upvote 1

Just request and I'll add it. You will see tate/adam's scramble and parker initiating offense late leading to the outcome with no effort to improve position, sprawl, front head lock, drag by, reshot, heavy handedness,,, nothing thus leasing it to Tater

They were on the edge when Parker took the shot, he down blocked/sprawled which forces a backward motion and TaterTots give Baylor the point for the win. Its that simple. All year I've seen backing up on the whistle and all throughout the match repeatedly with no calls with the cream of TN officials crop. Like I said before CONSISTENCY!

Edited by champstrain1
  • Upvote 1

I have a great idea how about the referees do the job they are paid to do and stop deciding the winners of matches and duals. Its called CONSISTENCY! They either never call anything or they call it when it doesn't apply just to change the outcome. If you don't know how to do the job then don't attempt doing it. I'm not just talking about this match tonight either, we see it all the time. So now the refs want the kids to concentrate on selling it to the refs in order to score? What are they supposed to do, stop the match and and "demonstrate" that they got a takedown or that the other guy has been pinned 3 times already? Should the wrestler tell the ref in the middle of the match 'hey ref I'm trying to pin him but he's just laying there and stalling'? Your ridiculous! Why should they have to take the concentration from the match to the ref just because the refs are all obviously incompetent and unqualified? But hey its alright yall miss some? heck just get a few of them right and it would be a great improvement! Who's training these idiots? Even the announcer tonight said several times that there were several bad calls and the refs weren't even getting into position to call pins. What's sad is that state medalists and champions are many times decided by a handful of idiotic refs who lack the intelligence and backbone to make the correct calls. What a disgrace! Two years in a row the refs hand Baylor a victory over McCallie. Maybe they are trying to make it up to Baylor for earlier in the season when they gave the win to Father Ryan. Surprised a certain dad didn't whip someone over one of the matches the ref stole from Baylor in that one. Do the refs even know what they are doing to this sport and how they are conditioning Tennessee wrestlers by their sub-par officiating? Just because some of the refs have been involved in wrestling for a couple decades doesn't mean they are qualified or even good at what they do and it certainly doesn't make them hall of fame worthy. The buddy system is ruining this sport and I'm ashamed of what I see each year and how its progressively getting worse.

Lol, Im suprised that certain dad didnt either. 

Youthcoach16, you are right.  You cannot compare the McCallie match with the Ryan match because Baylor won against McCallie.  I believe had McCallie won, we would have heard from the gallery.  You state fleeing is fleeing, so is stalling.  When a wrestler continues to back up and the first thing off the mat is his back side constantly, it is stalling.  This works both ways, not only when you lose.

Edited by facenthecrowd

The referees for the match are two of the best in the state and southeast for that matter. The Tate/Adam match could have been called either way. Parker/Hoodenpyle match; if (H) had sprawled or went over the top of Parker catching his ankles, they run out the clock or a stalemate is called. This is a huge event for these kids, and he turned trying to step out of Parker's grasp and walked off the mat pulling Parker, never intending to flee and lose a point, but it happened. If they are in the center of the mat Hoodenpyle likely steps free and the match is in overtime. Unfortunately, he was near the edge and called for fleeing. I think this is what Coach Gable meant when he said matches are won and lost on the edge of the mat.