McMinn Central girls go down again!

Glory

I disagree Cody.....no one this year really knows who the starters were gonna be from game to game right? So saying 3 starters were out is misleading. That bench at Central is as good as anybody's. Anyone on that bench can start any night. And the loss to Meigs was at the roundhouse and everybody knows how hard it is to win there. And yes that freshman class itself could beat a lot of high schools by themselves.

You are right to an extent. However, Jacobi and Kelsey are guaranteed starters minus one game where Morgan made a statement starting all freshman. Allie Coleman is a very versatile rebounder and a great athletic post player who started most of the games. It's fair to say that they were missing 3 starters. No one ever knew if Treantham or Gray would start (though that isn't a problem anymore ;) ) at the 5 sometimes and whether Peyton Williams, Hannah Cherry, Bailey Martin, or Emily Plaster (later on) would start but those 3 were pretty much a given, especially Jacobi and Kelsey. They were/are the two most skilled players on the team. 

All I know is that they are improving and getting more comfortable with each other. This may not be their year, but those freshman and the experience of the upperclassmen will be a force to be reckoned with for a few more years.

Apparently you didn't watch them play much. Kelsey Myers started almost every game and is the most athletic and arguably most complete player on the team. It was a HUGE loss when she went down. Allie Coleman has started at the post or 4 spot almost all year and has been huge on boards. Granted, Jessi Truelove doesn't play very much but when she's out there, she works her butt off and has experience as an upperclassman who has been varsity since her freshman year. There isn't much to say about Jacobi. She's one of the best players on any team in the area and a freshman to boot. The first time Central played Meigs @ Meigs (a very hostile setting just like the Roundhouse) they had all four of those girls and 3 of them started (Jacobi scoring 28). It makes perfect sense to mention them not being able to play when 3 of them contributed so much to the win at Meigs earlier. Especially when they only lost by 4 without them. If anything, that's a testament to how far that freshman class has come already. And you forget, that Meigs is one of the best A teams in the state. I'm cool with losing by 4 to them missing 3 starters.

I've only missed two games. Prior to KM's injury she started 7 of the 12 games I watched, and AC started in 5 of them. KM was pulled early in one of those games and never went back in, and her playing time in many of those games was much less than some of the freshmen, as was AC's. Check the scoring for each of those girls prior to the Christmas break. AC has started more games since KM was injured. I'm not knocking either girl at all. They both are very good players and SHOULD have been starting every game and playing the majority of minutes in those games. You even said "Kelsey is the most athletic and arguably most complete player on the team." So let me ask you why she didn't start every game and play a lot more minutes in those games? As someone mentioned above, only one girl for Central could have been considered a missing starter when they played Meigs the second time because the starting lineups have changed many times each game prior to that game. Furthermore, when KM got hurt and wasn't going to play any more this season, she shouldn't have been considered "a missing starter" for the Meigs game because the coaches had already moved on and pick another to start in her place. Central had played several games after KM was hurt, so saying they were missing a starter for the Meigs game (other than Jacobi) was just an excuse and a ridiculous one at that.

With Central's deep bench and talent, you're "cool" losing to Meigs in the Roundhouse with one season long starter missing (Jacobi)? Central has the majority of the best talent from two counties comprising of 100,000 people. Meigs is single A and all of their girls are from one county comprising of 12,000 people.

I disagree Cody.....no one this year really knows who the starters were gonna be from game to game right? So saying 3 starters were out is misleading. That bench at Central is as good as anybody's. Anyone on that bench can start any night. And the loss to Meigs was at the roundhouse and everybody knows how hard it is to win there. And yes that freshman class itself could beat a lot of high schools by themselves.

I'm glad that you know the difference in facts and fiction.

Getting back on topic - I don't know how anyone could say that former McMinn Central assistant coach Joe Young isn't missed a lot. The Daily Post Athenian did an article on Johnny Morgan a couple of months ago and it showed that he was winning in the 60% range prior to Joe joining Morgan's staff. Then the Chargerettes won in the 90% range with Joe assisting, and this year without Joe assisting they're back to winning in the 60% range. That's a little more than being a coincidence.

Commenting on other things I've read - Kelsey Myers could start for any AA team in the state, in my opinion. If she didn't start every game and get most of the minutes in those games for the Chargerettes before she got hurt, it's an indictment on the head coach.

Getting back on topic - I don't know how anyone could say that former McMinn Central assistant coach Joe Young isn't missed a lot. The Daily Post Athenian did an article on Johnny Morgan a couple of months ago and it showed that he was winning in the 60% range prior to Joe joining Morgan's staff. Then the Chargerettes won in the 90% range with Joe assisting, and this year without Joe assisting they're back to winning in the 60% range. That's a little more than being a coincidence.Commenting on other things I've read - Kelsey Myers could start for any AA team in the state, in my opinion. If she didn't start every game and get most of the minutes in those games for the Chargerettes before she got hurt, it's an indictment on the head coach.

Great athlete. Great girl. And a very tough young lady.

I'm glad that you know the difference in facts and fiction.

Many of your facts are wrong and mis-leading. You seem to be very close to the program and know so much about the squad but you sure don't sound like a fan. They have dealt with many things this year including 3 girls quitting, injuries, sickness, and the resignation of the assistant coach. But have I heard excuses? No. What I heard was the same thing that would have come out of any coaches mouth. Professional, collegiate, high school, and even middle school. But enough about that. The girls continue to battle everynight. Who knows how far they will go this year but regardless, if everything falls into place, and one of the girls who left the team this year returns, next years team will be a team to be reckoned with IMO.

Why are girls quitting? Why are coaches quitting? Sounds like their might be bigger problems other than sickness and injury. Which by the way every team has to deal with.

And if you look in many of my posts on this subject you will see I have stated that " every year teams have to deal with injuries and other problems." And internal problems were not the reason the assistant coach left. I will not comment on the girls who left the team because I'm not exacly sure what happened in those instances.

Getting back on topic - I don't know how anyone could say that former McMinn Central assistant coach Joe Young isn't missed a lot. The Daily Post Athenian did an article on Johnny Morgan a couple of months ago and it showed that he was winning in the 60% range prior to Joe joining Morgan's staff. Then the Chargerettes won in the 90% range with Joe assisting, and this year without Joe assisting they're back to winning in the 60% range. That's a little more than being a coincidence.

Commenting on other things I've read - Kelsey Myers could start for any AA team in the state, in my opinion. If she didn't start every game and get most of the minutes in those games for the Chargerettes before she got hurt, it's an indictment on the head coach.

BLITZ, Great Post!

Many of your facts are wrong and mis-leading. You seem to be very close to the program and know so much about the squad but you sure don't sound like a fan. They have dealt with many things this year including 3 girls quitting, injuries, sickness, and the resignation of the assistant coach. But have I heard excuses? No. What I heard was the same thing that would have come out of any coaches mouth. Professional, collegiate, high school, and even middle school. But enough about that. The girls continue to battle everynight. Who knows how far they will go this year but regardless, if everything falls into place, and one of the girls who left the team this year returns, next years team will be a team to be reckoned with IMO.

Anyone can make general comments that others are wrong or misleading. If you can't say where I was wrong then it's just your opinion. I back up what I say and you should too. It's not a big deal if one girl quits but when you have three upperclassmen quit after the season starts it is a big deal. Two girls that quit were Juniors and the other one was a Senior. Two of them had started games before they quit. Something is wrong. You heard an excuse from the head coach after they lost to Meigs. He's the misleading one. I wouldn't count my chickens before they hatch. There could be as many injuries and internal problems as there are this year. I'm a fan of the teams. Disagreeing with the head coach doesn't make me any less of a fan.