GC vs UC ROUND 2

westtnsportsfan

If we had our starting PG, I would almost guarantee you that we'd be in Murfreeboro. She made us just that much better and would give us extra senior leadership. It would also free up Lannom and Holt to be able to set up and shoot more freely and also give us another ball handler. I do agree that Wilkins has done a great job. Even though the competition isn't really strong, on more nights than not, he has had this team performing at a high level. Union City will bring their best game tomorrow and hopefully this time around we bring out best game. One thing I've noticed is that all players are looking to score now instead of looking for others to score. It'll be interesting to see what coach does tomorrow night. I say press and fall back into a 2-3 zone with everyone in the paint, box out and force Union City to beat us from the outside. Should be an interesting game tomorrow night!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we had our starting PG, I would almost guarantee you that we'd be in Murfreeboro. She made us just that much better and would give us extra senior leadership. It would also free up Lannom and Holt to be able to set up and shoot more freely and also give us another ball handler. I do agree that Wilkins has done a great job. Even though the competition isn't really strong, on more nights than not, he has had this team performing at a high level. Union City will bring their best game tomorrow and hopefully this time around we bring out best game. One thing I've noticed is that all players are looking to score now instead of looking for others to score. It'll be interesting to see what coach does tomorrow night. I say press and fall back into a 2-3 zone with everyone in the paint, box out and force Union City to beat us from the outside. Should be an interesting game tomorrow night!

I agree. I guess if you want to look at the bright side of it the freshma Allie Smithson wouldn't be getting near as many minutes and the experience she is getting. She is a completely different player than she was at the beginning of the year now. And no one will out work her on the defensive end. Really looking forward to tomorrow night. Will be a good test on his much we have improved

It probly won't be to quite on here tomorrow night..lol..After this year I really think G.C. will beat up on the competition and whip up on just about everyone..Hey G.C...you never told me what happened to Humboldt when South Fulton beat them.

SF was the better team. I wouldn't expect many more losses from the boldt. To keep on subject, if I remember correctly, last time we played you said this game would be even worse since Amber Fair and her 20 a game will be back.... You still convinced on that?

It probly won't be to quite on here tomorrow night..lol..After this year I really think G.C. will beat up on the competition and whip up on just about everyone..Hey G.C...you never told me what happened to Humboldt when South Fulton beat them.

I would like to hear from the union city faithful as well. As GC said most of you said that it would be worse this time with Amber fair back. Giving us no chance. Now I believe we will have to play near perfect to beat y'all as you are definately the better team. But I think it will be a much different ball game this time with our young girls at home and having much more experience.

Union City has also gotten better with the addition of Amber Fair.K.Reeves has been moving at about a 100% since her ACL surgery and has been really getting after opposing teams point guard.I look for GC to be a little bit more competitive on the homecourt,but still see UC winning by double figures.These games bring out the best of UC, and tonight I see no difference.

it was a good game.  Union city is still a much better team and the team to beat in class A in the state.  I was there.  Seems the fouls were a little one sided as many were talking.  I think Gibson county shot like 99.9 % from the foul line hitting like 20 shots from there which basically kept them in the game.  the state goes through union city....welcome to class A Gibson county.  once again,, good game by both.  union city has to many weapons....for any team.  this game was a possible trap game but union city kept their head in game.  im sure these two teams will meet again...possibly more than one more time also.

it was a good game.  Union city is still a much better team and the team to beat in class A in the state.  I was there.  Seems the fouls were a little one sided as many were talking.  I think Gibson county shot like 99.9 % from the foul line hitting like 20 shots from there which basically kept them in the game.  the state goes through union city....welcome to class A Gibson county.  once again,, good game by both.  union city has to many weapons....for any team.  this game was a possible trap game but union city kept their head in game.  im sure these two teams will meet again...possibly more than one more time also.

Not so sure they are the team to beat in Class A. Ever heard of Jackson County or Clarkrange? They're pretty good too. And I have saw all 3 teams play.