GC vs UC ROUND 2

westtnsportsfan

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the OC vs. GC game tonight and I was not that impressed with GC's play. They have a couple of girls that are very talented, but to be #3 in the state I wasn't blown away. I think Union City picks up another win probably by the same margin (18-20) and stays undefeated.

lol, to be ranked #3 in the state, all you have to have is a few good players to be ranked that high in Single A. Single A is a different animal than Double A ball. Also, keep in mind we have 2 seniors.... The rest are freshman and sophomores. If we don't give Union City a better game this time, we most likely will not beat them this year.

I think at this point it's a pretty good bet that unless either of these teams slips up bad they will be headed to the boro. They are both dominating the competition and outside of maybe going to Middleton in sub state I don't see anyone knocking them off. Anything can happen in postseason but I just don't see it. The closest game gibson has played since Christmas was a 15 point win at greenfield which is not an easy place to play and was the worst first half we have played all year. Was really expecting a closer game with Obion last night. And union city is rolling through as well.

lol, to be ranked #3 in the state, all you have to have is a few good players to be ranked that high in Single A. Single A is a different animal than Double A ball. Also, keep in mind we have 2 seniors.... The rest are freshman and sophomores. If we don't give Union City a better game this time, we most likely will not beat them this year.

I don't know how this year will play out, but I foresee about a 4 to 5 year GC domination of 14A after this year. Your underclassmen and incoming Jr High phenoms will be fun to watch. At the first of the season, I was thinking UC, Greenfield, then GC----but GC has definitely kind of been a surprise to us that follow basketball. Next year, it should be GC and Greenfield. UC is losing a lot of good and big players. Good luck to both teams this week. It would make it really interesting if GC upsets UC.

I don't know how this year will play out, but I foresee about a 4 to 5 year GC domination of 14A after this year. Your underclassmen and incoming Jr High phenoms will be fun to watch. At the first of the season, I was thinking UC, Greenfield, then GC----but GC has definitely kind of been a surprise to us that follow basketball. Next year, it should be GC and Greenfield. UC is losing a lot of good and big players. Good luck to both teams this week. It would make it really interesting if GC upsets UC.

I expected maybe another loss or two on the season, but truth be told, A ball is nowhere near as competitive as AA ball. One thing I've noticed here is you're either really good or really bad. There are not many teams in between good and bad in A ball. I do think we are 1 of the top 5 teams in Single A for sure this year even though we are extremely young. The only thing we lack is depth and state tournament experience on this current team. A state tournament appearance this year would do this group a great deal just to get the experience and know what o expect in the years to come.

The table is set after gc handled Obion county by 20+ tonight. Their only loss is too union city earlier in the year by 18. Looking forward to this being a more competitive game. Will be #1 vs #3 in the state. What's the opinions of everyone?

I look for the size of Union City down low to cause us problems once again. I don't expect us not to score in the 2nd quarter and half the third quarter though. I think if we shoot well we can be competitive, but I think UC's defense and low post presence's will be tough. I will be there with bells on cheering for the Lady Pioneeers.

I expected maybe another loss or two on the season, but truth be told, A ball is nowhere near as competitive as AA ball. One thing I've noticed here is you're either really good or really bad. There are not many teams in between good and bad in A ball. I do think we are 1 of the top 5 teams in Single A for sure this year even though we are extremely young. The only thing we lack is depth and state tournament experience on this current team. A state tournament appearance this year would do this group a great deal just to get the experience and know what o expect in the years to come.

I completely agree. As far as I'm concerned we have overachieved up to this point this year. Especially after losing our starting point guard right before the season. Getting these young girls a trip to the boro will be huge getting them the opportunity to experience the atmosphere and everything. No One was really expecting these girls to come out to a 23-1 record. Great job by the coach to have these young ones performing this well. Especially the two freshman.

I think U.C. needs a loss before the postseason to make them turn it up a notch..I think they been playing kinda lax way to much..Maybe G.C. will give them a wake up call to get them ready for state..But..I doubt it..G.C. i think is just to young this year.

I think they can run the table like UC boys 37-0 and the Gibson Co girls of the past. They don't need to loose to play harder they just need some competition. Watch and see how well they play against Gibson Co Tuesday night.