Class A Mr. Basketball Ballots

CoachT

copenoc, As Chipper said Zay has been to the big dance 3 years, he won it as a freshman, final four as a Sophomore, and State runner-up as a Jr. He NEVER went and lost a first round game in those years. He helped put the first Gold and Silver Ball in the trophy case for LC Basketball. As for Stockdale he has yet to get his team out of the Region so as far as getting there and losing, he might want to get there first. Zay also set the state record for steals in the state tournament last year as well. He endured a coaching change and has been more of a distributer I hear this year for his team. I only got to see him play once this year but he had a great game at Halls in a big LC win. Bradford in my opinion should win Mr. Basketball but Coleman deserves a nomination in my opinion.

I would have a hard time arguing against Bradford (Humboldt) and Woods (Meigs). Impressed by Bradford in last year's state tourney. Haven't seen Woods play high school game but he was really impressive in AAU play. The middle Tennessee players like Spears (MTC) and Lynn (Goodpasture) are a notch or two below those two.

copenoc, As Chipper said Zay has been to the big dance 3 years, he won it as a freshman, final four as a Sophomore, and State runner-up as a Jr. He NEVER went and lost a first round game in those years. He helped put the first Gold and Silver Ball in the trophy case for LC Basketball. As for Stockdale he has yet to get his team out of the Region so as far as getting there and losing, he might want to get there first. Zay also set the state record for steals in the state tournament last year as well. He endured a coaching change and has been more of a distributer I hear this year for his team. I only got to see him play once this year but he had a great game at Halls in a big LC win. Bradford in my opinion should win Mr. Basketball but Coleman deserves a nomination in my opinion.

Well I guess your wanting this award to be called the Glass House award..Look..The fact is that Coleman's numbers are way down this year to what they were last year but he is still a good point guard..Who knows. .Lake Co. May be going back on UC. expense again this year..Its not Malik S tockdales falt they didn't make it last year its was on the Coach riding that pony.

copenoc I was not necessarily referring to Zay winning Mr. Basketball just feel his body of work during his HS career deserved consideration. Mainly responded to dispute your comment of him getting there and losing. He has a 6-2 record in the glass house with a couple of trophies in the trophy case in LC for the career. Many times this award is a career award and players get nominated based on their careers and name recognition. Again I stand by my comment that Bradford should win Mr. Basketball.

Lets take scoring average out of the equation.  If you did that it would make Cole West of Oneida a viable candidate.  I believe his average is around 26 ppg and about 8 boards per game.  He has really good numbers but I would not think he will recieve much serious recognition for the award.  He is without question a highly skilled player (just signed football scholly at ETSU), but doubt he's known very far outside of the area.  Just kinda throwing that out there....seen two of the kids mentioned and they are exceptional ball players.(Woods and Bradford)

Kz