vs. Science Hill (#2 AAA team in the state) - 25 pts 10 rebounds

vs. CAK - 25 pts 11 rebounds

vs. Morristown West (#5 AAA team in the state) - 17 pts 13 rebounds

vs. Wilson Central - 17 pts 13 rebounds

vs. Holy Name, OH - 21 pts 7 rebounds

vs. Archer, GA - 23 pts, 7 rebounds

vs. Morristown West (#5 AAA team in the state) - 18 pts 8 rebounds

Last year vs. Elizabethton in the Regional Championship - 30 pts 15 rebounds

Thats an average of 21.5 pts and 10.7 rebounds per game against what I believe you or anyone else would deem to be teams of STRENGTH!

I have no affiliation whatsoever to Grainger in any way.  I am from Middle TN and scout talent for many local colleges in the area.  I have watched basketball for over 25 years in this state.  I have seen Allison play at Shelbyville's team camp the last three summers against great competition and last year at White County in a Christmas tourney.  I've seen her this year vs. Farragut, Science Hill and also the CAK games.  She has a full ride to Carson Newman and I'm telling you could've and would've gotten offers to bigger schools had she wanted to wait.  She was on the list for many, trust me I know.  She chose to sign with Carson Newman during the early signing period, because that's the school she loves and where she wanted to be.  They don't just hand out full rides to Carson Newman and you don't make college's watch and wait lists if you can't play.  Her size (5'10" making her a bit small) for the 4 or 5 position that she plays is the only thing that kept the bigger D1 schools from being all over her early.  If she were 6'0" or 6'1" the D1s would've been knocking her door down due to her ball handling skills and ability to step out and shoot the 3.  The girl can play, I don't care what kind of competition you put her up against or how weak or how strong the schedule is. The other girls mentioned in this thread are very deserving as well, I just think Allison Hodge deserves to be mentioned right there with the rest.  I would put Grainger's schedule this season up against any other AA team in the state.  They cannot help the strength or weakness of their district opponents and it appears have tried to make up for that with their non conference scheduling.  This thread is to promote deserving players and the reasons why they are deserving.  It is not intended to belittle the numbers of a high school athlete or to discuss why they shouldn't be mentioned.  

Edited by EBTHER

Fanatic

She can play but i dont know about putting her up against any team. As you mentioned she had 30 points in a loss against Elizabethon last year but she only had 11 in the loss against CAK in the substate.  She will need to finish the big games this year to be considered one of the elite of the state. She and her team will have to prove they can make the jump to the state tournament before most people will give them any respect because of their weak schedule.  Because she is the leader of that team she unfortunatly has the Peyton Manning syndrome, no matter how good she is... no respect untill you win the big games. Kudo's to her and Grainger county for beating a loaded CAK team this year.  At the time of the loss, CAK was still trying to find themselves after losing Hooper to volleyball.  If they meet againg at substate i would say the game will be much tougher but still winable.  Allison is a very good High School player but will her play transtate well to the college game? Only time will tell.  At her height she might want to start practicing 3's as most upper level D1's will not give her much of a look at the forwad position. with her skill and bball knowledge, binge a  shooting guard might be a better fit  for her at that level.   Did she play AAU anywhere this past summer?  

Apparently you did not read my post at all.  I never said I'd put her up against any team in the state.  I said I'd put Grainger's schedule this year up against an other AA team in the state.  I also said that she's already signed early with Carson Newman because that's the school she loves due to academics and closeness to home.  So, she doesn't need to start practicing anything because she already has a full ride to CN in place.  She is shooting 35% from 3pt this season which is strong for a forward, but I'm sure she will continue to work and develop that part of her game.  Her game will translate and excel just fine at the college level.  I said she would've gotten offers from smaller D1 schools had she waited but that didn't matter to her.  I know that for a fact from talking to the area colleges and universities that I scout for and deal with.  I said that had she been and inch or two taller then the bigger D1s would have been after her.  Again, I know because I've talked to several of them.  I know that she's one of the top AA players in the state.  I know this from watching and scouting the majority of them on many occasions not just from seeing them play one game here or there.  I am not saying she should absolutely win the award this season. If I were picking it she would! But, I don't.  I'm saying she deserves to be mentioned for it.  I'm saying that she deserves to be seriously considered for one of the three finalists.  I completely disagree with you about her team having to win certain games, in order for her to be considered.  That's ridiculous.  This is a individual award.  It's an MVP type of award.  Peyton Manning has won many MVP awards when his team didn't win in the playoffs.  Many players have won MVP awards when their team did not win it all.  It is based on regular season statistics and numbers.  It is picked and selected before the post season is even completed.  So, post season outcomes cannot have merit.  It has nothing to do with her team and what games they win or lose.  It has everything to do with her performance both on the court and in the classroom (Where she also excels - 4.0 GPA and 1st or 2nd in her class).  She can help her team and have some influence, but she is only one player.  She can't totally control the outcome of her team's season. She cannot totally shoulder the blame for her team's losses in certain games, anymore than she can take all the credit for her team's wins.  It is a team sport and it takes a whole team to win and lose games. And from what I've seen she has excellent teammates who more than help her shoulder the load and she defers to and depends on these teammates quite often. But, this award is individual.  Based on individual performance not game outcomes.  Again this forum is to credit players and promote them not to tear them down and discredit them.  If you have someone that you want to mention, then mention them and talk about why they deserve it.  But stop trying to say why someone else doesn't.  It also isn't the place for you to make excuses for CAK as to why they lost or why they aren't winning.  If you want to talk about CAK and who they are missing and why Grainger beat them this year, then start a forum for that.  I only mentioned her stats vs. CAK this year because a previous poster asked how she did against them this year.  I only mentioned Elizabethton last year because Grainger has not played Elizabethton this year. 

To be a scout you're pretty defensive about Allison.

And to be a mom, you seem to have a whole lot of venom toward someone else's child.  Not sure what the history is there, and don't want to know.  I'm very simply defending my opinion as to why she is deserving.   And very simply stating the instructions from CoachT as to the purpose of this thread which is to promote those whom we deem worthy and our reasoning behind it and that trying to discredit a high school athlete will not be welcome or tolerated. I'm not sure what you are implying, nor am I sure why everyone is going so crazy over Hodge being mentioned when I'm not the only poster to have dropped her name.  I have not nor will I discredit any other candidate because there are so many hard working young ladies across this state who could be deserving of this award as well.  Let me name a few of those that I have seen this season, Rachel Bell, Abbey Sissom, Callie Hackett, Anna Hammaker, Haris Price, etc. All of these are deserving of mention and are someone's child.  I just simply have the opinion that if I were picking, I'd pick Allison Hodge for the AA award. If she wins it, that's great. If someone else wins it, that's fine too. Just an opinion.  I give my evaluation and opinion on talent to people on a daily basis.  Some take it and some leave it.  Haha.  That's all.  No more or no less.  

Oh, OK. Not sure where you seen any discredit on my post towards Allison, because there was none. I'm sure you seen all those girls play because they are on Grain gers schedule. But it doesn't matter who you really are, I just found it quite odd to say the least. Good luck to Allison and Grainger the rest of the way.

Oh, OK. Not sure where you seen any discredit on my post towards Allison, because there was none. I'm sure you seen all those girls play because they are on Grain gers schedule. But it doesn't matter who you really are, I just found it quite odd to say the least. Good luck to Allison and Grainger the rest of the way.

Ok no harm no foul. I saw your earlier post suggesting that all these people who are recommending Hodge must be her family. That post was apparently removed by a moderator. I'm not sure why you are struggling to accept the idea that someone besides her family could possibly think she is deserving. And because I dare to challenge you on that, that has to make me someone other than who I claim to be. I know you didn't say anything directly about Allison, but to suggest that the only way she could possibly get a vote is from her family is being vindictive and malicious. If it's not then why do it? Why say anything at all? Why would you feel the need to even make that statement or accusation toward me. I haven't done anything to you. Why are you on this thread? Is it to promote anyone for the award? If so, let's hear them and move on. Get off my case and quit making insinuations and snide comments. I have named several who are deserving and I have given my opinion on which I'd pick. Let's hear your opinion on who should be considered. That's what this thread is for. It's not for your opinion as to why someone shouldn't win it and it certainly isn't about your animosity toward some high school kid's family. I'm sure you are a well informed and knowledgeable person. However, I must correct you on a few things. First of all, I am who I really claim to be. I have never met Hodge nor would I know what any of her family even looks like. Second of all, Grainger has not played Abbey Sissom, Rachel Bell, Haris Price, or Callie Hackett. I've only been to Grainger's gym one time in my life. That was for the CAK game this year and that was to watch Anna Hammaker since Hodge had already signed and was off the market at that point. I have seen Grainger play in tournaments and camps in both Middle TN and Knoxville, and I think Grainger has another Junior player - Blake Lamb that could also be deserving for mention for this award this season, and might even be a strong candidate to win it if it weren't for all the talent in this year's Senior class across the state. I just want to set the record straight in terms of my credibility and in terms of where and how I've seen all these girls play. I am sure you are a fine person, and I'm not on here to argue. I have no animosity towards you at all.

I saw Hodge last year in the Elizabethton loss.  She is a great player and is a deserving candidate to win Miss Basketball.  I am an Elizabethton fan and hope that the Lady Cyclones will meet Grainger County in the Region Championship game.  To win it they will have to contain Hodge.  Elizabethton has some very good players, including the Marosites twins that I have already mentioned, and it will be a fun match-up if we get to see it.

Fanatic

I can see you are very passionate about Hodge.  Did not mean to discredit her in any way.  She is a very good player, I hope with all my heart they can make it to the dance this year and shut all the haters up and prove to everybody on this board once and for all that they belong there.  Good Luck to all on the Ballot and I hope that Allison Hodge can be considered for Miss Basketball as well.

To be a scout you're pretty defensive about Allison.

:roflol: There also must not be any other "scout"-able players in the state considering all FIVE posts are about Hodge. 

I never said Hodge wasn't deserving of being a candidate. She is good! VERY GOOD! I was just asking about numbers. I saw Grainger play CAK earlier this year and IMO Hodge isn't even the most impressive player on that team. To each their own.  :thumb:

MTSU signee, Sissom has my vote hands down.

:roflol: There also must not be any other "scout"-able players in the state considering all FIVE posts are about Hodge.

I never said Hodge wasn't deserving of being a candidate. She is good! VERY GOOD! I was just asking about numbers. I saw Grainger play CAK earlier this year and IMO Hodge isn't even the most impressive player on that team. To each their own. :thumb:

MTSU signee, Sissom has my vote hands down.

My friend you are badly mistaken. In multiple posts I have mentioned several players that I have "scouted" and said are deserving. Let me refresh your memory. There was Rachel Bell, Abbey Sissom, Callie Hackett, Haris Price, Anna Hammaker, and I would include Tiffany Rechis from Westview in that group as well. I do agree with you that Grainger has another player, Blake Lamb who is a Junior that deserves consideration as well and should be a candidate also both this year and next. However, I leaned toward Hodge based on her career body of work overall and holding the school record for points scored and rebounds. I just wanted people to realize that she has achieved most of her numbers in limited playing time due to her team winning big in lots of games. I mean, I read where she had 31 points and 8 rebounds in 17 minutes of playing time last night. All 5 of my prior posts are simply defending her numbers and answering the questions that have been asked about them. You questioned her numbers against top competition and I gave you those. I think those numbers deem her worthy of consideration. I think you would agree with that. I said I'm not saying she should without a doubt win it. I just feel she should be considered and should strongly be considered as one of the three finalists that's all. I stated my pick, you stated yours. I respect that. I'm not going to call into question why you are picking her. Your pick is very good too. Very good. But, I bet if I asked, well who have they played or how many has she scored against good teams, etc. you'd be pretty quick to reply with those numbers and an answer just like I did. I just felt like my opinion was being questioned and in some cases attacked. I have a right to answer with reasoning and a defense. That's why it's a forum. I've given a list of worthy candidates and I've given my pick from the list. I've offered reasons and numbers to back up my pick and I've never questioned or downplayed anyone else's picks, reasoning, or numbers. Most on here are choosing to play by those rules set forth by the moderator. That's the way it should be. But, not all are. Oh well, as you say, to each their own. And I wish I could do those neat little emoticon things like you do, I'd add in a few too. But, at my age I'm lucky I even know how to get my posts on CoachT. Haha Edited by Basketballfanatic101

Based on Max Prep stats on Tennessee AA Leader Board, you would have to consider Haris Price from Gatlinburg Pittman High School . Under her Leadership the team has a record of 21-3 and ranked 5th in the state. The Junior stats are most impressive as you can see by the list below.

# Scoring 10th in state, 15.9 points per game

# Assists 1st (Tied) in state, 5.8 per game

# Steal 10th in state 3 per game

# Free Throws 3rd in state 71%

# 3 point shots 2nd in state 42%

# Field goals 5th in state 55%