#2 Vikings vs #8 UC Tornados-District Title

WestTNBalla1

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im expecting a very close game also.Going into a tough atmosphere were the crowd will be pumped up and also where the Vikings have only lost once this season to undefeated Haywood Co.I think the keys for Union City is to keep Turner from getting a lot of open looks ,and keep Humboldt off the offensive glass.Bradford will get his but I think that we cant let him go for 25 plus.The other players dont get plays run for them,so keeping them off the offensive glass is a must.Keys for Humboldt is Bradford staying out of foul trouble,limiting their turnovers,and keeping Stockdale,Deberry,and Simpson from combining for at least 54 points.I say this because they have lost 1 game this year when they score 54 plus and that was against Graves Co.Im talking about good and winning teams.Good teams they beat were they scored 54 plus and won,South Side 60,BTW 58,SF 54,Ripley 57and lost to Graves Co 62.Good teams that contained that,Stone Memorial 52 were they had a good game but lost by 5,Chattanooga Tyner 47 were they also had a good game but lost by 1,Grenada Ms 34,SF 38,and Humboldt 42.Just a little numbers game I came up with looking at my notes.LOL.UC has struggled out the gate the last 2 games,but I know they will be ready tonight. A win and a 3 way tie for first and a loss will be the 3 seed and Humboldt will win first.Im going with UC by 2 because I think the 3 will get that 54 plus and they will keep Humboldt off the glass because they have been really stressing boxing out and and putting a lot of emphasis on defense.One thing I noticed about Humboldt,after winning the Championship last year,they are hungry for another one and it shows on the court.They are mentally and physically tough and they play with an chip on their shoulder.Im looking for UC to match that tonight.My fantasy strategy would be to face guard Turner and try and keep Bradford contained,because if I can keep Turner from getting 15-20,it will be Bradford to score 30-35 to win.The other 3 responsibilty is to keep Brown and company off the glass.Force them to play through the other players.Probably easier said than done.LOL Just having a little fun but Im still predicting UC by 2.Good Luck to both teams and each teams Coach T posters.

Big matchup tonight in Humboldt tonight as the Humboldt Vikings take on the UC Tornados. Who ya got?? I say Humboldt in a VERY close one. 65-61

I dont think the weather wiil permitt this game to be played tonight! Winter Weather Advisory out untill 6 pm for Obion and Gibson counties. Just called Humboldt High School and the game will be played.

Edited by zebra99

Im expecting a very close game also.Going into a tough atmosphere were the crowd will be pumped up and also where the Vikings have only lost once this season to undefeated Haywood Co.I think the keys for Union City is to keep Turner from getting a lot of open looks ,and keep Humboldt off the offensive glass.Bradford will get his but I think that we cant let him go for 25 plus.The other players dont get plays run for them,so keeping them off the offensive glass is a must.Keys for Humboldt is Bradford staying out of foul trouble,limiting their turnovers,and keeping Stockdale,Deberry,and Simpson from combining for at least 54 points.I say this because they have lost 1 game this year when they score 54 plus and that was against Graves Co.Im talking about good and winning teams.Good teams they beat were they scored 54 plus and won,South Side 60,BTW 58,SF 54,Ripley 57and lost to Graves Co 62.Good teams that contained that,Stone Memorial 52 were they had a good game but lost by 5,Chattanooga Tyner 47 were they also had a good game but lost by 1,Grenada Ms 34,SF 38,and Humboldt 42.Just a little numbers game I came up with looking at my notes.LOL.UC has struggled out the gate the last 2 games,but I know they will be ready tonight. A win and a 3 way tie for first and a loss will be the 3 seed and Humboldt will win first.Im going with UC by 2 because I think the 3 will get that 54 plus and they will keep Humboldt off the glass because they have been really stressing boxing out and and putting a lot of emphasis on defense.One thing I noticed about Humboldt,after winning the Championship last year,they are hungry for another one and it shows on the court.They are mentally and physically tough and they play with an chip on their shoulder.Im looking for UC to match that tonight.My fantasy strategy would be to face guard Turner and try and keep Bradford contained,because if I can keep Turner from getting 15-20,it will be Bradford to score 30-35 to win.The other 3 responsibilty is to keep Brown and company off the glass.Force them to play through the other players.Probably easier said than done.LOL Just having a little fun but Im still predicting UC by 2.Good Luck to both teams and each teams Coach T posters.

This should be a good game the fist half. UC can not contain Brown and are not strong enough to keep him off the boards. No one can handle Bradford yes i know Haywood did but UC aint Haywood. I dont think UC will even score 54 points! Humboldt by 12!

Yes, should be a close game but what defense will UC play? It's hard playing a man defense because the Vikings will crash the boards, I would think UC would play a zone but who knows? Will the game be broadcast over the radio & if so what station? I'll take Humboldt by six (6) at home don't see UC playing like they did the first game!

i think it will be interesting to see what Humboldt does defensively.  At UC they played a lot of zone early and that paired with a slow start led to a halftime deficit.  In the third quarter they put Bradford on Deberry and he shut him down and they blew them out in the 3rd quarter.  Hopefully the weather permits because i know everyone in Humboldt is looking forward to this game tonight.  I like Humboldt by 13 on their home floor.

I say let Humboldt have the 1 seed..I don't think this needs to go to a coin flip and SF get a 1 seed..Ill take a 3 seed all day because SF starters can't play til the district consolation game and that will put them at a 3 seed in the Region tourny. .Keep Humboldt and SF on the same side of the bracket..Humboldt can have the district championship and the one seed..UC will beat them when it counts in the region finals if the Boldt makes it that far

I say let Humboldt have the 1 seed..I don't think this needs to go to a coin flip and SF get a 1 seed..Ill take a 3 seed all day because SF starters can't play til the district consolation game and that will put them at a 3 seed in the Region tourny. .Keep Humboldt and SF on the same side of the bracket..Humboldt can have the district championship and the one seed..UC will beat them when it counts in the region finals if the Boldt makes it that far

However the seeding works out, Humboldt will have to play whoever is in their way to make it to Murfreesboro & at this point it really doesn't matter because you got to show up & play or it's over anyway!I think UC needs to worry about making it out of the District & not be worrying about the Regional final because that is a long way off don't count your chickens before they hatch!!! Humboldt is focused & they will play hard so time will tell!

Look im putting my 2 cents worth in..Im just saying it would be a little easier with a 2 seed in Region if UC does make it out of the district. .Im quite sure Boykin knows as well..He had been known to throw a game. .I hope the Boldt does beat UC in this one..And aint nobody counting any chickens..lol