#2 Vikings vs #8 UC Tornados-District Title

WestTNBalla1

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope I'm wrong but I just don't think UC is mentally tough enough to go into Humboldt and win...Humboldt always seems to play UC with more passion than anyone on their schedule...They always seem to get hot and they could go four games in a row where they don't hit a free throw but will go 20-21 against UC....If UC lets them get on a run early and lets Hboldt get to feeling good about themselves they may get blown out of the gym....chipper is right, they got to keep the Vikings off the glass and hopefully get them into foul trouble....The Tornadoes can't turn the ball over and they have to hit the chip shots and free throws....I'll be honest, they need to try to keep the game in the 50's because they can't run with the Vikes the whole game...My prediction is Humboldt-73 Union City-59.....Hope I'm wrong...A win here could just give the Tornadoes the confidence they need to have another special run thru the tournament season....

Gibson beats Peabody tonight.... So, if I'm thinking this through right, if Humboldt beats Union City, it will be Gibson/Union City in the tournament?

If Humboldt beats UC they will be 1, South Fulton 2, & UC 3. GC should be the 7 seed no matter how LC-Halls turns out because Halls swept GC & Bradford would have wins over both LC & Halls. That would put GC at SF for district quarters. Could be wrong but that's how I've evaluated tiebreakers.

If Humboldt beats UC they will be 1, South Fulton 2, & UC 3. GC should be the 7 seed no matter how LC-Halls turns out because Halls swept GC & Bradford would have wins over both LC & Halls. That would put GC at SF for district quarters. Could be wrong but that's how I've evaluated tiebreakers.

That does sound right. I knew it was either a SF or UC match up for us... The 3 players that are suspended combined for like 45 points against us last time. SF is a winnable game for us if those 3 are suspended for the 6 games that I heard they were suspended for...

Yea NW.Hoop..your correct..UC will play Bradford in the first round if Humboldt beats UC..I told everyone we will take the 3 seed..Humboldt can have this one.

Actually, if Lake Co. beats Halls tomorrow night Bradford has the tiebreaker on Halls with a win over LC. Halls would be the #6 seed in that case.

Oh ok..yea that sounds more right..I have a gut feeling that UC is gonna beat Humboldt and there will be a coin flip in the end..I don't know how its going to pan out but I kinda hope Humboldt wins a close one and UC will take the 3 seed because UC WILL beat SF in the district semis. .I believe the key is get to the district championship and lose..lol..But you gotta their first..Well thats if SF plays Gibson and beats them..GC will give them a run for their money in the first round if it pans out like that..we will see after tonight.