District 9AA Predictions

FootballFan222

What's up 9AA? Fairview fan here. Look forward to our opener at "The Den" with CC next month. Don't think we're quite what we've been the last few years, but still should be a good ball game. Off the subject, any Cubs fans know where the guys on the basketball team went to play college ball?

Saunders and Darden signed to play.

Cheatham County will be much better than they were in 2013. Ryan Christmas will start at QB. His older brother Kyle started at QB for the Cubs in 2006 and threw for more than 2,000 yards. Willie Presley will be the feature ball carrier. I promise you that Fairview will know plenty about him. Kevin Bennett is a huge target at tight end. Some of the Cubs other major players will include Nick and Keenan Owen, Hank White, Jonathan Salas, Nathaniel Jock, and Johnny Henry. I would also expect that Regan Barber, Alec Szostecki, and JD Lovell will be major parts of this year's team.

Saunders and Darden signed to play.

Cheatham County will be much better than they were in 2013. Ryan Christmas will start at QB. His older brother Kyle started at QB for the Cubs in 2006 and threw for more than 2,000 yards. Willie Presley will be the feature ball carrier. I promise you that Fairview will know plenty about him. Kevin Bennett is a huge target at tight end. Some of the Cubs other major players will include Nick and Keenan Owen, Hank White, Jonathan Salas, Nathaniel Jock, and Johnny Henry. I would also expect that Regan Barber, Alec Szostecki, and JD Lovell will be major parts of this year's team.

Sounds good, LBD. Look forward to it. Always enjoy talking with Cubs fans on the T.

Cheatham will need to be more diverse this year. Without Sweat they can't rely on 25-30 carries from the I-back. Better open it up a bit. Their defense had trouble getting pressure last year. That could be a major issue against the offenses they'll face

Cheatham will need to be more diverse this year. Without Sweat they can't rely on 25-30 carries from the I-back. Better open it up a bit. Their defense had trouble getting pressure last year. That could be a major issue against the offenses they'll face

The learning curve last year for the Cubs was very small. Having a whole offseason under the new staff will help.

What's up with Sycamore thus year? What do they have coming back? Don't they have a transfer from a private, either Davidson or Goodpasture I believe?

The kid that went to Goodpasture after his eighth grade year a couple of years back I think. It's good because I know that SHS has lost some good ones to Goodpasture in the past. I saw the War Eagles scrimmage at Stewart County during the spring. Their main player is going to be Chandler. He should have a big season.

I saw their first opponent Whites Creek scrimmage Kenwood in the spring as well. They may possibly be the worst team statewide. Sycamore will start 1-0 easily. After that the schedule goes Trousdale, Westmoreland, White House, and Smyrna. Yikes! That stretch produced some very close losses last year and I think it took its toll on the team. The second half of the season goes Cheatham County, White House-Heritage, Harpeth, and Greenbrier (district games). The final non district game is against Lipscomb Academy who is always good.

The way their schedule sets up they have to win one out of the Trousdale, White House, and Westmoreland games. They have to then basically win three of the four "second half district games." If they are unable to beat Trousdale, Westmoreland, and White House then they pretty much have to win all 4 of their remaining district games (Greenbrier, White House-Heritage, Harpeth, and Cheatham County).

• Upvote 1