Mt. Juliet Christian Academy

WARBOSS

HT,

With all do respect, Coach Davis's resume are those of a an accomplished assistant coach.  Not that he is any more qualified than yourself or any of your friends that may have applied or of the last 3 coaches there.  If you interpretation of "real coach" was a dig at the previous coaches or anyone who applied that was not hired, then that was not the intention of the post.  DD has been an accomplished assistant at a winning program whose demographics are light years away from PC.  However, in my opinion, I think he is a better candidate than a young 20s college assistant who was backdoored the job on the last hire.  That is why I question the leadership of the athletic director.  To dismiss a coach like Harrison, to fill it with a young coach, who bounced 2 years in has the right to be questioned. 

If you think the leadership decision has improved with this hire then we will never agree. This may be the worst hire he has ever made. I agree that Harrison being let go is even worst than this decision to hire DD. Only if you know or coached with  DD can you say he is more qualified or a real coach. If you only answer to my question is that he coached at PC then that is not much reason. Every coach that has ever been at MJCA has experience like that on their resume. 

I've attended youth, middle school, high school and college sports for decades. Great time regularly attending practices or competition metro or many hours away road trips to various counties because it's in my blood. The last several weeks soccer and spring baseball told many new stories as they always do. MJCA rarely hit my radar for lack of interest until learning of MH departure 2 weeks prior to their spring practice. Ran into a disgruntled parent at a store and later spoken to players who were hot. They loved playing for him and according to them he motivated and had them moving in a positive direction when informed by the AD that he would no longer be the head coach.

If one wishes to know if MJCA's new football coach is good at what he does after 13 years of what the record shows of poor football decisions made by MJCA hiring brass in their sports programming, then GO WATCH THEM practice. We'd love to hear what they are accomplishing and this would give basis to comparing what is unknown to what is known of practices of the past. With one call, I confirmed MJCA like many high school teams are now in the middle of their spring practices. Spring game next week. How about observing and talking with this coach before or after their practice? How about asking for some time to talk or clarify with PC the AD or the members of the hiring committee about their evaluation and answer all questions? What interview questions were asked and answered or demonstrated?  Parents and students should have the right to be more informed if there is question. ANYTHING SHORT OF THAT MAY PROMPT A MEETING UP THE CHAIN. The fruit is always on the tree, is it not? Many athletic coaches talk a great game but good ones bring out the personal best of their athletes regardless of the cards they are dealt.  If it turns out that there is no improvements in the attitudes, skills, performance and welfare of these student athletes within the football program, then those who hire should find something they are good at and leave the hiring to those in the know.

Edited by jrreports

Forgive me for not pinpointing exactly who said what over the past several posts, but there are a couple things that are common knowledge and were referred to previously.  MH was let go for classroom reasons not FB, He essentially said the wrong parent got upset with him and strong armed the administration.  JR was a convenient and hire as his wife was already in the building, and since the job was never posted he was one of a very short list of people that even was interested.  Does anyone know why he left Lebanon?  That would have been a good question to ask the former HC at there. Someone mentioned that the AD promises a lot to the HFC coaches then doesn't deliver, anyone know why? Last thought, if the headmaster tells a candidate in the interview process you are my guy, why is he not the HC?  Begs the question who is really in charge there.   I wish DD well and the recent hire with an NFL pedigree may bring some credibility to not only the program but the school as well.   

The AD is clearly in charge of all athletic decisions and has been since he got there.  Whether that is good or bad is irrelevant because he does what he thinks is best and has earned the the trust of the administration above him.   Some mentioned FB is scrimmaging this spring, who and how did it go?

The AD is clearly in charge of all athletic decisions and has been since he got there.  Whether that is good or bad is irrelevant because he does what he thinks is best and has earned the the trust of the administration above him.   Some mentioned FB is scrimmaging this spring, who and how did it go?

Good point and good post, have another nonUT, forget you were talking to yourself?  ha ha

This says it all. Thanks PC.

Edited by hardtackle

• 2 weeks later...

Earned the trust of the administration above him = being lucky that the average tenure of an MJCA headmaster has been about two years, none have stuck around long enough to realize he is killing athletics at MJCA

• 3 weeks later...

If you think the leadership decision has improved with this hire then we will never agree. This may be the worst hire he has ever made. I agree that Harrison being let go is even worst than this decision to hire DD. Only if you know or coached with DD can you say he is more qualified or a real coach. If you only answer to my question is that he coached at PC then that is not much reason. Every coach that has ever been at MJCA has experience like that on their resume.

You are Davis' #1 fan I see