Mt. Juliet Christian Academy

WARBOSS

I just read a truly awe-inspiring story on the front page of the Tennessean about the football player at MJCA who plays with a prosthetic leg.  Andrew Kittrell, a freshman, plays for the Crusaders on both sides of the ball and leads the team in tackles from his linebacker spot.  Hopefully, this story can remind us all (including AlbertPine) that amateur athletics is about so much more than wins and losses.  Way to go, young Mr. Kittrell!!!

I just read a truly awe-inspiring story on the front page of the Tennessean about the football player at MJCA who plays with a prosthetic leg.  Andrew Kittrell, a freshman, plays for the Crusaders on both sides of the ball and leads the team in tackles from his linebacker spot.  Hopefully, this story can remind us all (including AlbertPine) that amateur athletics is about so much more than wins and losses.  Way to go, young Mr. Kittrell!!!

Good kid, good family.  Kind of funny though that you are calling me out for discussing wins/losses while on several other blogs you are going nuts about Webb being too big to be in this District.  I'm not disagreeing with the Webb argument that they are too large but if its just about sportsmanship and not wins/losses, why the argument about Webb?  Its just about amateur athletics according to your other posts.  You are a hypocrite.

• 1 year later...

Ur histree ain't too good fer a histree techur. 2008 was Webb's last year playing with schools similar to it in size and type. That year they were a glorious 0-5 against those schools in conference games. Their overall record that year was 4-6. The next year, 2009, was their first year of beating up on religious schools that have less boys in the entire school than Webb does in their senior class and that was the year that they started winning the gold ball virtually every season. Quite the accomplishment, Webb Spartans - you should be proud. In 2011, feeling their oats after beating up on the small fry for a couple of seasons, they signed a two--year contract to play Ensworth again (Ensworth has less students than does Webb). That didn't end so well, as Webb lost 40-0 (could have been a whole lot worse had Ensworth been so inclined) and Webb cancelled the next year so that they could better concentrate on enjoying their gold balls earned against the likes of MJCA and Kings Academy. The Webb fans' barking about their greatness wears pretty thin amongst most of us who do know their true history since 2008.

Whats the word from you guys at MJCA after the best year ever?

I think the kids had a good year, but did come up a little short. Very competitive in all but one game. Web had to much speed against them, like they did against every team in our side of the division. I think the kids earned everyone's respect that they played this year. They have two players getting D1 offers. They lose three starting seniors this year a lineman, receiver and running back. They have some key sophomores to fill the gaps. They have a very strong up coming senior class. They have a very hard running 1000 + yard running sophomore that will be back and some kids that did not play this year that could help next year. I believe the kids have bought into the new coaches philosophy and what he expects. They need to stay in the weight room get stronger and stay focused. I'm very excited to see how it goes next year.

I know DCA had a good year and hated to see them get beat last night. I know a lot of parents and players over there. Did your son have a good year? This was his last year wasn't it?

See ya next year!!