Mt. Juliet Christian Academy

WARBOSS

Coach Garner put up 41 in her first win.  MJCA has only put up 46 pts in 5 games.  Pretty safe bet going with Pickett County on this one.  You would think even in the blowouts, the 'coveted' 8-0 freshman squad would have put up some points when they came in during the 4th quarter. 

Future might not be as bright as some think for this squad.  Only time will tell.  I'll agree with 'inthagap' though ... gotta respect the kids that keep going on the field week after week.

Smoke and mirrors my friend, that 8th grade schedule was a bad joke at best.  They will go winless this season.

Smoke and mirrors my friend, that 8th grade schedule was a bad joke at best.  They will go winless this season.

Friday night is going to be fun for the freshman on both squads.  Should see what both 8-0 squads from last year can do after the game is out of reach around the middle of the 2nd QTR.  MJCA can't cancel this one.

Couldn't make it to Possum town tonight but from what I was told, game was over at the half.  Just wish MJCA would have played the freshman like FCS did in the 2nd half.  Would have been fun to see what the future might have played out in the 2nd half.

Regardless, WBBJ reported that the FCS freshman upheld the shutout in the 2nd half even against rain, wind, trick plays by starters, and yes 2 timeouts with under a minute to go.  Classy.

Good luck with the trip to Byrdstown. 

The DCA team was 8-0 two years ago and had MJCA down 35-0 after the 1st Qtr.

Did the coach who told the others teams parents also coach the 8th grade? Has he been the 8th grade coach for a while? If so, his sideline antics should have caused him a reprimand years ago. That's a HUGE problem with that schools sports.

I am 99% sure the coach in question has been promoted to varsity asst. and still is helping with MS too.    Agreed a huge problem, but not exclusive to them, many small privates have similar problems when the parents coach, because they are available and not always qualified.  Coaching Pee Wee is hardly credential to coach for a school, entirely different situation.

• 3 weeks later...

Had a MJCA parent tell me last night that a certain long time assistant coach there said "DCAs AD told him they wouldn't play MJCA in MS if he thought they'd lose." This guy was serious and said that MS coach, one talked about in this thread, could be trusted. The same coach that allegedly yells at other teams fans.

That is what's being sold there. That MS coach, if the parent was being truthful, shouldn't be telling people/parents those types of things. Never mind that the MS were scheduled this year and routinely play every year.

The fan also said DCA has no class and runs up the score on MJCA every time they play DCA. Of course, with the scrore 27-0 with 10:30 to go in the 2nd Qtr DCA was not trying to do anything on offense. They even ordered a QB to fall on the ground so they wouldn't get a first down and ultimately a TD with the 3rd string QB late in the game.

That fan is delusional by what's being sold to him, to some extent, by that coach IMO. MJCA has been beaten by a certain local team that's not DCA by 61,58,56,51 and 49 in the last 10 years while DCA scored 50 a total of one time.