Mt. Juliet Christian Academy

WARBOSS

I have a buddy at Webb that was curious if mjca was going to play them this year or take the usual forfeit?

Why don't you tell your friend at Webb that they should be playing schools their own size (such as Ensworth and BA) instead of worrying about the likes of MJCA?   Kinda ironic, that Webb used to be the MJCA of D2- AA back when they were playing against schools similar to them.

Let me give you a little history lesson Red. Webb played in the top division in 2008 and went 7-4. In 2009 they went 4-6. Before that D2 had three divisions and they played in the middle.

Comparing a team that went 11-10 over two years in the toughest division in the state to a team that has probably never won 4 games in a season and schedules Pickett County in order to insure a win each year is at BEST apples and oranges.

They were never, EVER the MJCA of D2AA. They had an over .500 mark during that time. MJCA has never had a winning season in the lowest level of 11 man football available.

I truly hope MJCA can get it on track. I do. But it will not happen as long as the current AD is in place. Period.

Let me give you a little history lesson Red. Webb played in the top division in 2008 and went 7-4. In 2009 they went 4-6. Before that D2 had three divisions and they played in the middle.

Comparing a team that went 11-10 over two years in the toughest division in the state to a team that has probably never won 4 games in a season and schedules Pickett County in order to insure a win each year is at BEST apples and oranges.

They were never, EVER the MJCA of D2AA. They had an over .500 mark during that time. MJCA has never had a winning season in the lowest level of 11 man football available.

I truly hope MJCA can get it on track. I do. But it will not happen as long as the current AD is in place. Period.

Ur histree ain't too good fer a histree techur.  2008 was Webb's last year playing with schools similar to it in size and type.  That year they were a glorious 0-5 against those schools in conference games.  Their overall record that year was 4-6.  The next year, 2009, was their first year of beating up on religious schools that have less boys in the entire school than Webb does in their senior class and that was the year that they started winning the gold ball virtually every season.  Quite the accomplishment, Webb Spartans - you should be proud.  In 2011, feeling their oats after beating up on the small fry for a couple of seasons, they signed a two--year contract to play Ensworth again (Ensworth has less students than does Webb).  That didn't end so well, as Webb lost 40-0 (could have been a whole lot worse had Ensworth been so inclined) and Webb cancelled the next year so that they could better concentrate on enjoying their gold balls earned against the likes of MJCA and Kings Academy.  The Webb fans' barking about their greatness wears pretty thin amongst most of us who do know their true history since 2008.   

Actually my history is just fine. I was going with the graduating class years.

In the 2007 SEASON they went  4-2 in the large division. More region wins than MJCA has had in a decade. Yes, in 2008 they went 0-5 but beat Father Ryan which for some reason was not listed as a region game.

According to school enrollment they are playing exactly where they belong.

What about it Red? Are ya'll going to play your schedule as given or will the AD back out again?

We both know the football coach has no say so in scheduling. Nor does any other coach in the building.

So is Mjca gonna play webb or what?

Its my understanding that if MJCA doesn't play Webb this year and forfeits again, they will be removed from this district and TSSAA will remove them as a member.  If its true, that's not an indication that they want to "play" Webb but more that they want to stay relevant as a TSSAA High School team in football and this year have to play them or face removal from TSSAA.  From what I've heard, they have a strong freshman class moving up that was undefeated two years ago against sub-par squads from MTAC.  Long stretch to compare MTAC squads to Webb, DCA, and FCS.  Different level of competition even on an 8th grade level while the other squads played real competition.  It'll be interesting to see if that class from MJCA turns around this program.  From what I've seen first hand ... no chance.

• 1 month later...