York Institute

vandyfan13

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw in another post Dickie going to Clay Co. Just seems odd a coach would go from a ok 3a program to a bottom level 1a program unless something was up with York

i read the post where someone stated he was offered a 100 day contract to coach football only

http://www.examiner.com/article/dickie-brown-retiring-at-york-institute

^^ Article on Coach Brown retiring..doesn't mention him going back to Clay Co

He wanted to retire from teaching but not from coaching football. Clay Co gave him the contact he wanted, so he took it. Local radio met up with him at a Clarkrange/Clay Co game last week where he stated he had met with the players. Not sure if that meant Clay Co players or what. Several names bring tossed around as new coach but nothing confirmed yet.

It gets funding due to agreement made with a war hero. The county will have no choice if and when it's turned over. Not sure what this has to do with coaching staff. I hate the situation for the kids many of them have played ball since they were 6 or 7 years old. And now when they get to high school they are gonna end up with a coach that doesn't want to be there. So the real ones being punished are the kids.

If the state ever drops paying for York, couldn't the county pay for it like everywhere else? I guess I don't understand why its a must they get the state funding.

just a couple years ago the prospect of York being under county control was discussed. All the talk stopped for some reason. County taxes would have to be raised to include the school system. I would say that is the reason the talks stalled.