Region IV-AAA or the Bye Bye Region

reftn

This was found online on the 2009: 215 pound match.  Someone said there was a video out there also.  I am not sure if REFTN is the official that called the match and not accusing him of that.  I will say that this thread brought back a bad memory.  It was the worst call that I have ever seen during a lot of years watching HS wrestling in TN and another state that has been strong for a long time.

As for the REFTN original post, if Region 4 is so small that all you had to do was show up to qualify for state, it should be a win for the other 7 regions.  Those weak wrestlers from Region 4 won't have a chance.  We will know the answer to that in less than a week.

http://news.chattanoogan.com/2009/2/20/145182/State-Wrestling-Ends-On-Sour-Note-For.aspx

Ha!

4 of the top 6 teams in the state in this region you're so jealous of.

RefTn you've been lobbying for 5 divisions on here for a while.

Of course you only want 2 teams and 2 individuals from this region going to state.

The top teams in this region has dominated the state for the past couple decades so even if it was a 4 team region it would still be the toughest in the state.

Have a nice day!

west all of those whole 4 teams wouldn't have made it past the region quit lying to yourself. you should have to wrestle at least 2 matches to get a medal. (Hopefully a lot more) I for one was very disappointed that mine only had 3 matches to get a medal. including the finals. Cant wait for the state put up or shut up time to get a medal. I want to see the total medal count for the state(s) not just total first places. don't let the new batches of sophomores and freshman sneak up on yall over the next couple of years.

This was found online on the 2009: 215 pound match.  Someone said there was a video out there also.  I am not sure if REFTN is the official that called the match and not accusing him of that.  I will say that this thread brought back a bad memory.  It was the worst call that I have ever seen during a lot of years watching HS wrestling in TN and another state that has been strong for a long time.

As for the REFTN original post, if Region 4 is so small that all you had to do was show up to qualify for state, it should be a win for the other 7 regions.  Those weak wrestlers from Region 4 won't have a chance.  We will know the answer to that in less than a week.

http://news.chattanoogan.com/2009/2/20/145182/State-Wrestling-Ends-On-Sour-Note-For.aspx

ha that's what my wife just said. She said "you know not all of those wrestlers would meke it in other regions so it will just make the first round easier.

No.  It wasn't me, but I do remember the match. 

It seems as if wrestling fans want to enforce the violations selectively. 

The referee shouldn't have enforced the rule?  The other wrestler should understand that its ok in that situation to allow his opponent to pull his headgear?  Or the other coach for heavens sake!  You mean the other coach should realize in the last 30 seconds of a state match the referees will swallow the whistle?

Tell me which way is it that the referee truly decides the match?....lolling.....and that accusation will be thrown out yet again after next weekend.

ha that's what my wife just said. She said "you know not all of those wrestlers would meke it in other regions so it will just make the first round easier.

Do you think the big three out of Reg 4 would pull 13 and 14 wrestlers if they were added to Reg 5, 6, or 7?

In two weight classes the third seed was an automatic qualifier just by making weight.

Every weight class had a bye meaning one victory put you in the states.

And that is somehow justifiable?  I suppose. 

No one is questioning the talent or the tough wrestling in that region.  I don't think D1 has any reason to whine that D2 brings every everybody when Reg 4 gets almost equal treatment.

I asked a question a little bit up in the thread and will ask it again.

Which schools would oppose reuniting D1 and D2 for individual states?  Has it mellowed enough to be under consideration, should it?

Do you think the big three out of Reg 4 would pull 13 and 14 wrestlers if they were added to Reg 5, 6, or 7?

In two weight classes the third seed was an automatic qualifier just by making weight.

And that is somehow justifiable? I suppose.

No one is questioning the talent or the tough wrestling in that region. I don't think D1 has any reason to whine that D2 brings every everybody when Reg 4 gets almost equal treatment.

Which schools would oppose reuniting D1 and D2 for individual states? Has it mellowed enough to be under consideration, should it?

No the big 3 as you called them probably wouldn't so long as you realize if you added them to any of those other regions it would also drop the number each of those schools would send.

Yes! Re-unite, as I said earlier put up or shut up. 4 regions. Send top 4 from each region. 16 man brackets. double elimination. place top four. 2 day tournament could even be a 1 day tournament. You could send the top ^ from each region if it was four regions. Oh and holy cow my kid wrestles for 7 years now. Gets to high school places in regions and gets the smallest medal I have ever seen. The bracket that was given to the winners was a piece of copier paper.  Way to award a kids hard work. I guess that's what happens when there are too many divisions and regions. You get a medal that is 1" in diameter.  I have never in my life seen smaller hardware.  Youth participation medals are bigger.  Heck its just bigger than a quarter.

And that is somehow justifiable?  I suppose. 

No one is questioning the talent or the tough wrestling in that region.  I don't think D1 has any reason to whine that D2 brings every everybody when Reg 4 gets almost equal treatment.

Which schools would oppose reuniting D1 and D2 for individual states?  Has it mellowed enough to be under consideration, should it?

If you or anyone thinks Region 4 is easy or a cakewalk, then maybe the TSSAA should rotate other teams from around the state year to year and have them join Region 4 for their tournament. It would make region 4 a little tougher for everyone and make it fairer for you guys out there that think the teams in Region 4 are getting an easy ride. Go ahead coaches and schools, who is first to volunteer to join Region 4?