Cleveland BlueRaiders 2014

What if those athletes had been playing for David Gregory? Do you think they would look nearly as good? They would be just as bad as WB. And then what if the athletes I mentioned were playing for GQ?We would be having this exact same conversation except flipped. I would be telling you how good shinsky or burgess could be if they played for GQ and you would be saying no way could they be starting over those other guys.

But they didn't and aren't! lol

The fact of the matter is that any kid that could start at Maryville for WB would go to Maryville or Alcoa! Why wouldn't they? Play for a 5-5 season or for a state title? Hmmmm

Maybe their parents don't have the money to pay the tuition? Maybe the parents are wb alums and want their kid there too? Maybe the kid wants to stay and play with all his friends? Maybe the kid wants to try and help a struggling program? Not all kids want to be at maryville... I was one of those kids. Edited by Governors91

I could use that to excuse our lack of success but that would be a cop-out. WB always has plenty of athletes even when we lose some to those schools. I guarantee you that Maryville and Alcoa would both love to have Reed Daniels, Austin Myrick (both our QBs), Joel Graham, Brandon Tipton, and Devin Fair. Those are some good offensive weapons that we have that could start at maryville or alcoa. Believe it or not we have good athletes that stay loyal to WB and do not want to leave. The kids who want to leave are not loyal and we don't need them.

You didn't say .. If they had been in the system or if they hadn't had poor coaching you said they could start at Maryville or Alcoa. So tell us where they would play as "good offensive weapons"

You didn't say .. If they had been in the system or if they hadn't had poor coaching you said they could start at Maryville or Alcoa. So tell us where they would play as "good offensive weapons"

Well BigEarl lmao... I kind of thought that went without saying because anyone who knows anything about maryville or alcoa knows how much coaching and their conditioning program factors into their success. Tell me this... Do you think Patton Robinette would have been the stud he was and gotten D-1 offers if he stayed at heritage? Heck no! C'mon guys this is common sense stuff.. Surely ya'll can't be this clueless. And Yes I think there have been lots of WB players over the years who could have started for maryville and could start today. And anyone who has watched WB as much as I have knows that most of our coaches have done a poor job of developing players and finding ways to put the ball in our studs hands so they can have more of an impact.

Well BigEarl lmao... I kind of thought that went without saying because anyone who knows anything about maryville or alcoa knows how much coaching and their conditioning program factors into their success. Tell me this... Do you think Patton Robinette would have been the stud he was and gotten D-1 offers if he stayed at heritage? Heck no! C'mon guys this is common sense stuff.. Surely ya'll can't be this clueless. And Yes I think there have been lots of WB players over the years who could have started for maryville and could start today. And anyone who has watched WB as much as I have knows that most of our coaches have done a poor job of developing players and finding ways to put the ball in our studs hands so they can have more of an impact.

Only ones I know of that could have started and excelled at Maryville are Cole Lail and the Garner kid. That's it. But, I am not a WB die-hard like you are.