District 15A Tournament

Intense

As much as I'd like to see TCA.beat any of those 2 Memphis teams. I dont think they can get done..but you never know what will happen in the region tourny. .Go purple swarm!.lol..we rooting for yall here in 14/a

Copenoc, nobody believed we could beat Westwood two years ago and nobody believed we could beat BTW last year. We make believers out of everybody. As I have said before, we got a real late start with 8 of 9 players being on FB field till December. We are just now really playing up to our ability. Losing our 6'4" post player for the year really hurts but we are deep enough to stay competitive. I really think we will win 15A and am not convinced that we won't see Adamsville again in semis of region. I think they are capable of knocking off BTW in quarters of region. This TCA bunch knows how to win. In 2011 they were runner up in state in Middle School and State Champions in 2012 and most of these boys know how to win from Football. I'm not saying we are going to win the region but we wi give Memphis all they want. Disadvantage is that region is at Mitchell.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mitchell is really good.

I guess we will find out how good they are over the next 7 days. They ought to be good. They have more students than any other school in Single A. They have a lot more to chose from. That's not a criticism it's just a fact but I will say they obviously have taken care of business when they were AA and AAA. Everyone knows they have a strong tradition and will always be a tough game.

If I worked at a school where parents were involved, no metal detectors, no crops, bloods, GD's Vice Lords, and the power to expell a student with no red tape, then I would feel we had an advantage. One more things, the TSSAA moved us to 1A TCA can join the private leage tomorrow. INtense, I really respect you but there is no way any private school can complain about a public school, esp an urban one.

Tca..Was the guy Middleton lost number 15?

I think so. Name is Thomas. Middleton had 3 or 4 players that stepped up tonight and made up for his absence. They had 4 in double figures. Some of those guys don't normally get many shots due to Thomas shooting. Thomas should be taking those shots because he is a go to guy but I give those other guys a lot of credit for stepping up. Great ballgame tonight!

If I worked at a school where parents were involved, no metal detectors, no crops, bloods, GD's Vice Lords, and the power to expell a student with no red tape, then I would feel we had an advantage. One more things, the TSSAA moved us to 1A TCA can join the private leage tomorrow. INtense, I really respect you but there is no way any private school can complain about a public school, esp an urban one.

Galilee, those are all valid points but my argument is that Mitchell should be better year in year out due to enrollment. The same could be said for Adamsville. You could also argue that TCA should be better than Greenfield year in and year out. Greenfield has about 35 students per class whereas TCA has about 60. No way they can compete consistently with TCA just like TCA can't consistently compete with Mitchell. The numbers don't lie. No doubt you are in a tough environment an sports may be the only way out for some of those kids. I wish Mitchell the best and it looks like we will have to go through KIPP then Adamsville/BTW to see y'all in finals. Middleton will challenge you in semis. I'm not saying they will beat you but they will challenge you. Middleton is very, very well coached!