York, Pickett Co. boys teams banned from postseason after fight

CoachT

I'm not saying it's just about the team.. But they should be considered.. Im in all agreement that the school should be punished but if this was the case they anyone could just come in start a fight and season be over for the two teams playing that night something just don't seem right. It's alright though I'll support what I think is right as well as everyone else will do the same.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the reason you don't have the home student section directly behind the visitors bench. Are you LISTENING Wilson Central? Having immature young kids behind the visitors team bench is just asking for trouble. I guess finally someone in the student said something that got the situation started. If Pickett County is smart they will move the student section to another area or move the visitors team bench to a safer location.

Wilson central has the same set up with the visitors team bench in front of the students chering section. Over the years I've seen some close calls with students getting out of control and sercurity called in to control the crowd. Wouldn't it be simple to move the student section OR swap the team benchs. I believe in the students having fun but today some kids are just looking for something else than clean fun.

Bottom line the kids are being punished for something that was out of their control. Hope TSSAA changes their ruling on suspending the teams from playing in the upcoming tournaments.

My advice to Pickett County ..... Move the cheering section or the visitors team bench.

You may want to give this some serious consideration also WILSON CENTRAL.

Attention needs to be called to the Upperman student section!!! Why are they on the visitors side of the gym???? There is plenty of room on their home side. The children were screaming profanity laced chants, and allowed to run along our sideline with an oversized flag that continually obstructed our view throughout the game. I'm sure the Upperman croud would have had a fit if that flag was being flown on their side! When authority figures allow this type of behavior it all falls back on what kind of people are running the system. So to make a long story short Upperman is a mirror image of the McWilliams', and its a very unclassy sight.

Attention needs to be called to the Upperman student section!!! Why are they on the visitors side of the gym???? There is plenty of room on their home side. The children were screaming profanity laced chants, and allowed to run along our sideline with an oversized flag that continually obstructed our view throughout the game. I'm sure the Upperman croud would have had a fit if that flag was being flown on their side! When authority figures allow this type of behavior it all falls back on what kind of people are running the system. So to make a long story short Upperman is a mirror image of the McWilliams', and its a very unclassy sight.

We might agree on the placement of the Upperman student section but the McWilliams are both intense coaches with plenty of class. That's a lot more than I can say for your "unclassy" post.

Let's hope the TSSAA don't let it come down to this.

It's out of TSSAA hands the board of control has it now. Note they have never changed a ruling by TSSAA. And before you ask the board of control are school administrators from all over the state It's a bad situation but they were wrong and got punished do what's right and these things don't happen.

Attention needs to be called to the Upperman student section!!! Why are they on the visitors side of the gym???? There is plenty of room on their home side. The children were screaming profanity laced chants, and allowed to run along our sideline with an oversized flag that continually obstructed our view throughout the game. I'm sure the Upperman croud would have had a fit if that flag was being flown on their side! When authority figures allow this type of behavior it all falls back on what kind of people are running the system. So to make a long story short Upperman is a mirror image of the McWilliams', and its a very unclassy sight.

wasnt York envolved in a fight down there several years ago? Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

We will see tomorrow how it all turns out. I have faith the right decision will be made. Support support support is what is needed oh and by the way York is crying about it I guess that's why they are appealing to!

York has not appealed TSSAA rules makes it and appeal by both schools if one appeals. So they are not going to the appeal but if it gets over turned it will be for both schools not just one. York letting Pickett pick up all the expenses. To appeal they have to pay all expenses for the board of directors