York, Pickett Co. boys teams banned from postseason after fight

CoachT

Last time I checked players had to run down both ends of the court so therefore the Pickett ball players were at that time the ones being cussed. You should probably ask York coach he saw the whole film Friday during the meeting and I bet he can tell you at not point was anyone touching a player on te bench that's all I'm saying. A lot more then 1 York player threw hits too he got to see that as well for the first time

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I beg to differ and there have been other teams complain to the Pickett county coaching staff and school officials of the harassment on the bench to no avail. And I defiantly disagree with York cussing the plates on the floor. There is at all times at least 2 sponsors with the pep club. I know them personally and they would not put up with cursing.

YAIDAD.......WHY DON'T YOU GO TALK TO YOUR SCHOOL OFFICIALS BEFORE YOU MOUTH OFF ABOUT WHO WAS THERE AND WHO WASN'T!!! GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE SHOOTING OFF AT THE MOUTH! THAT'S WHAT THE WHOLE PROBLEM IS RIGHT NOW, NO ONE WANTS TO LISTEN TO THE FACTS. QUIT TAKING IT OUT ON EVERYONE FROM PICKETT, THE STUDENT SECTION DOES NOT HAVE NO RIGHT TO BE WHERE THEY ARE LOCATED AT, BUT AGAIN THE PLAYERS HAVE TO MAINTAIN COMPOSURE AT ALL TIMES NO MATTER WHAT. WE CAN POINT FINGERS ALL DAY LONG.....IT IS WHAT IT IS!!!!

It is our problem if the school do not take of it we need to find somebody that will we been out of line for years school take care of it or i see that someone will i  saw the head lady setting in the students sections on Friday like she one of them she need to be fire and start over somebody that got a plan to take care of problem hey they tell me she is from Monterey they got no class

@YAIDAD, you do realize that this wasn't a trial of York vs. Pickett Co. It was York against TSSAA and PC against TSSAA. Both schools were fighting their own battle to get to play. They weren't on trial against one another.

Also, before you call out any representative, you better get your facts straight about whom represented whom. You just might be surprised what you find out.

As for the bench situation, PC students have sit behind the opponents bench for over 25 years. Why is this a problem now? In any event, PC is taking measures to move the player's bench.

hey you casc95 do not come on here think you king of mountain you not i am a bobcat fan big time that student sections has been a problem for a long time yea for maybe 25 years it time  to get a life it a just a game  get over it move to the end of court that take care of problem if any body got any hair on there butt that work at the high school problem solve

hey you casc95 do not come on here think you king of mountain you not i am a bobcat fan big time that student sections has been a problem for a long time yea for maybe 25 years it time  to get a life it a just a game  get over it move to the end of court that take care of problem if any body got any hair on there butt that work at the high school problem solve

The problem has already been addressed and taken care of. No visitor team will be sitting on that end anymore. At this point Pickett will be playing on the road regardless for the remainder of the season as part of their punishment.

YAIDAD.......WHY DON'T YOU GO TALK TO YOUR SCHOOL OFFICIALS BEFORE YOU MOUTH OFF ABOUT WHO WAS THERE AND WHO WASN'T!!! GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE SHOOTING OFF AT THE MOUTH! THAT'S WHAT THE WHOLE PROBLEM IS RIGHT NOW, NO ONE WANTS TO LISTEN TO THE FACTS. QUIT TAKING IT OUT ON EVERYONE FROM PICKETT, THE STUDENT SECTION DOES NOT HAVE NO RIGHT TO BE WHERE THEY ARE LOCATED AT, BUT AGAIN THE PLAYERS HAVE TO MAINTAIN COMPOSURE AT ALL TIMES NO MATTER WHAT. WE CAN POINT FINGERS ALL DAY LONG.....IT IS WHAT IT IS!!!!

Fact adults were told numerous times of a problem. Fact they do nothing about it. Fact they put 15 y/o kids in situations adults should not be in.

I am not pointing fingers. Throwing a punch is not the answer BUT every human has a breaking point. The proper channels had been addressed. PC knew this was a problem prior to this game. The officials had been told during this game. It's a bad situation all the way around, but to give on team all the punishment. I wouldn't be happy if it were the other way around. High school sports are for the kids not mom and dad to relive their youth.

All of the verbage in the world wont change the fact York did not get to play in this year's tournament. All that can be done at this point is to hope and pray common sense prevails and York will be allowed to play in next year's tournament. Both sides were in the wrong and York has paid the price while Pickett County played. I have nothing against Pickett County. It was an unfortunate incident that could have been prevented with proper supervision.

All of the verbage in the world wont change the fact York did not get to play in this year's tournament. All that can be done at this point is to hope and pray common sense prevails and York will be allowed to play in next year's tournament. Both sides were in the wrong and York has paid the price while Pickett County played. I have nothing against Pickett County. It was an unfortunate incident that could have been prevented with proper supervision.

Very well said.

It is our problem if the school do not take of it we need to find somebody that will we been out of line for years school take care of it or i see that someone will i  saw the head lady setting in the students sections on Friday like she one of them she need to be fire and start over somebody that got a plan to take care of problem hey they tell me she is from Monterey they got no class

Well said zst. Glad to finally see someone from Pickett Co. admit that the student section was out of hand and that lack of supervision is the main problem. Glad to see someone with common sense.