Help and ideas

russianbear

I'm attempting to gather support to have the TSSAA Wrestling State Championships moved from it's current venue. Whether it winds up in Nashville, Memphis or Chattanooga isn't important to me. I don't want to fight over that. What is important to me is for the kids to be able to participate in this prestigious event in a respectable facility. I welcome all ideas, opinions and input.

Of course you can post things here, but my contact information is as follows:

Facebook (best source for me) - Ben Reichel

Email: ben.reichel@yahoo.com

Phone - 423-432-2514

Here are some current issues and/or information I will need (I'm attempting to gather these things on my own, but obviously anyones help is a huge plus)

1) If we keep all divisions together, the facility will need to hold 12 mats

2) I need financial information. This includes
  a) How much the TSSAA currently takes in for this event

b How much the TSSAA currently pays out for this event
  c) The cost of prospective venues

3) Contacts with people at prospective venues

4) Contacts with the Chamber of Commerce in proposed locations

5) Ideas to offset costs. This may include
 a) A small increase in ticket prices

b A small increase in weight management fees for wrestlers

c) Donations

So far in 30 minutes I've managed to get 4 very influential people on board. Please help.

Edited by russianbear

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ben, Municipal Auditorium would be good, Mr. Reeves can say there is a problem with parking but there are more spots closer than there were at UTC, they are just worried about loss of parking revenue as usual, the almighty dollar is their only concern. The website for them does rental at 3600 a day, but if they did not waste so much time they could prob finish in 2 days. Good Luck.

Here's a copy of my post I put on the photo thread, after coach Connell & Lee Varnell made some good points...

Does it really make sense...

No showers is a viable reason to change venues.

They expect us to come prepared in order to avoid exposure to open and untreated wounds, cold sores, ringworm, but not provide the facilities to help prevent these issues?

Just a thought... Imagine a split lip at a basketball game, boxing match, or a football game being an issue at any level. Not contagious there, right? No showers, unacceptable of course for reasons perhaps sanitary.... No such thing as smash mouth football (conrad dobler/dick butkus) or a physical pick or elbow swinging rebound (Danny Ainge/The Worm/Laimbeer/Salley) or Mike the biter Tyson. Those are professional athletes listed, but we know there's many wannabe little ones getting exposed to these same infectious skin problems in other sports,,,, they all get proper facilities to help guard against it whether it develops before during or after competition.

Double standards to me.