Early District 8 A/AA Predictions

DeKalbsCoachK

Murfreesboro Central - Defending Champs, Returning almost everybody, expect them to be strong.

Livingston - Lost alot of talent in Carr, but expect them to have a strong team, King always does.

Smith Co. - Have been moving up, have a strong coaching staff, with the addition of the G'ville boys, they should be tough.

Cannon Co. - "Should have their Best Team Ever" according to coach Gannon.  Last year their school really started getting behind them.  Should be exciting.

Macon Co. - New to the district,but I think we are all familiar. Usually puts together a physical team that can challenge people.

York -  Usually has some good atheletes, not sure what they have coming back.

Goodpasture - Also new to the district, Not sure what they have, but expect they will produce a challenge for most of the district.

Merrol Hyde - Another new team to the district, but their girls were ridiculously good. If they produce the same quality of boys team, they will finish near the top.

I think several teams have a chance at finishing in the top two.

Any thoughts?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DCTIGERFAN,

I appreciate your interest.  As for the Tigers this year, we are young, only three seniors, but this could be the team that finally breaks through the region semifinals.  We're young, hungry, and talented.  I'm excited, but I know that, like most rural public schools, we are an injury or two away from struggling.  So, come out and see potentially the best ever DC soccer team.

DCTIGERFAN,

I appreciate your interest.  As for the Tigers this year, we are young, only three seniors, but this could be the team that finally breaks through the region semifinals.  We're young, hungry, and talented.  I'm excited, but I know that, like most rural public schools, we are an injury or two away from struggling.  So, come out and see potentially the best ever DC soccer team.

DeKalb, If you make it to region, I will be rooting for you!

• 2 weeks later...

DeKalb hosted a Preseason Play Day on Sat.

It was a great day, great weather, no major injuries (that I'm aware of).

Thanks to all that came out and participated and supported the teams.

Scores:

DeKalb 3 Cannon 0

Cannon 3 Smith 0

Smith 0 White 3

White 1 Stone 1

Stone 0 DeKalb 1

DeKalb 1 Smith 0

Cannon 1 White 3

Smith 0 Stone 2

White 1 DeKalb 2

Stone 3 Cannon 2

Stone Beat Cannon in 3rd Place Game

White Beat DeKalb in 1st Place Game (in PK's)

Don't read too much into the scores.  30 min. matches and a lot of JV players got time.

Overall it was a really good warm-up for the season.

• 2 weeks later...

Murf. Central Magnet beat Macon Co. 3-0 tonight but it should have been 10-0 if MCM could put a shot in the net instead of right to the keeper.  Macon goalie made a few nice saves but MCM must have had 15 shots on goal plus 3 more that hit the post.  Macon did a good job with the offsides trap and caught them about 10 times. Macon is scrappy and never gave up but they were way out manned.

Merrol Hyde is an up and comer and I do expect they will have a great result in the district.  Coach Carr has a very strong understanding of the game, knows how to evaluate players strengths and weaknesses and how to put them in a position to succeed.  They have a new home field this year that they should be proud of and I know the players will put forth the effort to repeat and enhance the great season they had last year.