Region 8A Tournament

GCPioneer

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oakhaven will take it all!

Looks like 16A finally has a team capable of winning a game or two in regionals. Riverside has some talent, but injuries have kept Jones from elevating this team to where they could have been with her healthy. Oakhaven has a gaudy record, but East is really the only team on their schedule that would win a game in 15A in my opinion, and they went one and one with them. I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and pick them over Riverside and reserve judgment on the next round, but if I had to pick now I'd have to  say JCS in a close one. Oakhaven will not win the tournament, and should they advance to sectionals they will not beat Union City nor Gibson Co. 

Injuries? They had 3 to transfer and two different starters to sit out a few games. Yea they suffered a much needed 1 point lost to a AAA school. But everyone seems to for get is that the beat a healthy Memphis Overton squad at the beginning of the season and as we all know there is not 1 15 A or 15 AA team that could compete with them. Not to mention that they have the states top scorer and assist leader alone with the # 2 shot blocker on the same team. Will not post another comment till the Regionals are over. Then we will see how people predictions change.

So this begs the bigger question???? Is Memphis A and AA not that good?? or is it the coaching?? Liberty beat Raleigh-Egypt,North Side beats Manassas, Covington beat Trevezant, JCS hammered BTW, Riverside beat Oakhaven,Scotts Hill beat Mitchell, and Middleton pummeled MAHS. I thought those were the powerhouses in Memphis??????