Who Ya got out of Region 3a?

FutureCOY

I wont argue that VB will beat either one of them for fact cause they may not but the game will come down to the final 2 min. bet on that. VB lost @ Jackson COUNTY by only 7 then LOST again to JC @VAN buren by only 5. So it would be a big mistake for JC to think they are gonna go to a packed house @ VAN Buren and beat them by more then they did the two previous times in a regular season game. (plus Hate that this is how it is but we all know if they get a bunch of scared refs. the refs are going to make all the 50\50 calls in the home teams favor which is always a gigantic edge. Always happens am I lieing???) Bottom line Van Buren has a player which is capible of single handley beating any team by herself. If you havent seen her play you need too def check her out. No worries she has 2 more years. Im sure she will prolly play for Clarkrange or JC next year. lol jp kinda. ANYWAYS She can shut down the other teams best PG on the court or she can shut down the Center. She can post up on a center and get and ones all night or step 6 ft behind the three and drain 4 three's in a row. She can not be pressed. She is the best player Ive seen in 3a in a decade. Anyways JC and Clark have great players also dont get me wrong but they always have great players and teams. Im just making sure you understand how good this gal is from VB. Your just not used to 3a team having such a dominate player. This girl would start for any team in the state. THIS is the same girl who three years ago moved up to high school as an 8th grader for the Dist/Region and took @ the Time the worst team in the Region to a district Championship and to a region Championship which without her would have been put first rd. GONNA BE A GREAT SUBSTATE

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After all that I just went on about. Let me announce that I am a Whitwell fan so Im def going for Silverdale to upset VAN BUren tonight hahaha. lol OH and look at CSAS WHITWELL AND VB sch. they have all played 9 or more different teams with winning Records while Siverdale played only 2 teams with winning records and one of those teams was CSAS which took 2 of 3. I may be wrong but I dont believe SIlverdale has played team like VB all season.

If I was the coach of VB I asolutely would not let Coe beat me just the same for Jackson county I wouldnt let Bouldin beat me. I believe if they play it will be a great game both have been so far. Dont let the loss by 5 fool you VB had every chance in the world to win that game at home.And that was with Bouldin having a bad second half. If they play it will be a good one

Edited by FutureCOY

The layup was completely uncontested and was much higher percentage than 2 foul shots. The coach drew a perfect play, the van buren girls were out of position, and the CSAS girls executed perfectly right up until the the girl missed the layup. She makes it and CSAS probably goes on to win. Just the way things go some times.

I agree that the coaches play was a great play, Van Buren was out of position, and that that the layup should have been made. My point was with a bobbled catch, and an off balanced attempted and CSAS already in the bonus pulling out may have been better. Van Buren would have been forced to foul. The one and one would have been touchy but CSAS had a foul to give so even if neither shot was made time was still in their favor. The missed layup led to CSAS being out of control and a dagger being made on the other end. I also agree that that's just the way things go sometimes. There's still ball to be played tonight but I believe that if either team makes it through tonight they both have the ability to play competively with anyone in the state.

After all that I just went on about. Let me announce that I am a Whitwell fan so Im def going for Silverdale to upset VAN BUren tonight hahaha. lol OH and look at CSAS WHITWELL AND VB sch. they have all played 9 or more different teams with winning Records while Siverdale played only 2 teams with winning records and one of those teams was CSAS which took 2 of 3. I may be wrong but I dont believe SIlverdale has played team like VB all season.

Lakelyn is a very good HS player.  Best in 3A, but you are getting a bit carried away.  She WOULD NOT START on any HS team in the state.  You obviously have not seen all of the teams.  Don't get me wrong I would draft her on my team any day, but her athletic talent is not up to that of the top players in the state.  Basketball wise she is as smart as they come, but just not the genes to be a DIV 1 player.  5'7'' with limited speed is at best a D2 player.

As far as Silverdale, you better check your facts.  They won all AA games they played, CCS twice, Polk Co, and Signal Mtn.  Signal and CCS won 18+ games and advanced to Regional play.  Hard to have a good strength of schedule when your District is weak - Copper Basin, Grace & Boyd.

CSAS has been playing much better of late, and easily should have beat VB last game.  Player should not have even attempted layup, but ran the clock out and forced fouls.  VB only had 3 team fouls at the time and 30 seconds on the clock.  Coaching mistake caused that loss more than player.

But lets see how the games go tonight, and someone will be right, and someone will be wrong.  I am calling for SBA win 52-46 over VB, and Whitwell 44-42 over CSAS, and then SBA will beat Whitwell by 10 in the Region Finals.

Lakelyn is a very good HS player.  Best in 3A, but you are getting a bit carried away.  She WOULD NOT START on any HS team in the state.  You obviously have not seen all of the teams.  Don't get me wrong I would draft her on my team any day, but her athletic talent is not up to that of the top players in the state.  Basketball wise she is as smart as they come, but just not the genes to be a DIV 1 player.  5'7'' with limited speed is at best a D2 player.

As far as Silverdale, you better check your facts.  They won all AA games they played, CCS twice, Polk Co, and Signal Mtn.  Signal and CCS won 18+ games and advanced to Regional play.  Hard to have a good strength of schedule when your District is weak - Copper Basin, Grace & Boyd.

CSAS has been playing much better of late, and easily should have beat VB last game.  Player should not have even attempted layup, but ran the clock out and forced fouls.  VB only had 3 team fouls at the time and 30 seconds on the clock.  Coaching mistake caused that loss more than player.

But lets see how the games go tonight, and someone will be right, and someone will be wrong.  I am calling for SBA win 52-46 over VB, and Whitwell 44-42 over CSAS, and then SBA will beat Whitwell by 10 in the Region Finals.

Not a D1 player? I'm going to have to strongly disagree with you on that one. She's only a sophomore and has already scored more than Coe did at this point in her career. I'm not saying she will be better than Coe but I think she could absolutely play at a UTC or TTU. With two more years to develop who knows how good she will be come this time her senior year.