Keith Hodge steps down at Dresden...

RegisP90X

How could Lampkins be a front runner over Chad????? Just because he already teaches in the county system? Chad is 4-0 against him and Gleason has barely scored on Dresden in the last 4 years. Gleason was loaded this year and still finished 2nd to last in the district. Lampkins record vs. Huntingdon/Dresden/McKenzie is 0 wins and all loses. Chad is the best teacher they can hire. Chad has a much more impressive resume than anyone that will apply. As a coordinator Chad is 18-9 in the playoffs. Won't be anybody else that will be able to say that if they interview with your principal. Also, if Lampkins left Gleason to go to Dresden that just looks terrible. Looks like a fair weather coach. Well, if I can't beat them I will just join them. Nobody wanted this job 5 years ago when they couldn't beat anyone but now that the team has been completed turned around (in large part to Chad) now everyone wants the job. It will be a disgrace and extremely disrespectful if they don't give the job to Hodge. If yall were crazy enough not to hire Chad it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up somewhere and he came back to haunt you. Hopefully that would be here in Huntingdon.

Somebody give this a guy a high-five and a pat on the back. Seriously. Everything you have posted about this has been spot-on. Chad deserves the job. Heck, he should already be whipping is into shape for spring. Is Keith going to stay and get us through spring or atleast til we get a coach??

Edited by ProudLionFan

It has hit me hard to see Keith leave. He came to Dresden at the same time I began my freshman year. He's more than a coach. He's a positive influence on and off the field. He's almost like a second father. He cared and still cares for the players as much or more than some of their own parents. He wanted to be a role model and a motivator and to many he was. In his interview when he got the head coach job, he said something along the lines of " every coach wants to win a state championship, but I want to teach responsibility, leadership, and the rewards of hard work." Mission accomplished coach

How could Lampkins be a front runner over Chad????? Just because he already teaches in the county system? Chad is 4-0 against him and Gleason has barely scored on Dresden in the last 4 years.  Gleason was loaded this year and still finished 2nd to last in the district.  Lampkins record vs. Huntingdon/Dresden/McKenzie is 0 wins and all loses.  Chad is the best teacher they can hire.  Chad has a much more impressive resume than anyone that will apply.  As a coordinator Chad is 18-9 in the playoffs.  Won't be anybody else that will be able to say that if they interview with your principal.  Also, if Lampkins left Gleason to go to Dresden that just looks terrible.  Looks like a fair weather coach.  Well, if I can't beat them I will just join them.  Nobody wanted this job 5 years ago when they couldn't beat anyone but now that the team has been completed turned around (in large part to Chad) now everyone wants the job.  It will be a disgrace and extremely disrespectful if they don't give the job to Hodge.  If yall were crazy enough not to hire Chad it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up somewhere and he came back to haunt you.  Hopefully that would be here in Huntingdon. 

No I don't see him in Huntingdon.

Edited by 34ME

It has hit me hard to see Keith leave. He came to Dresden at the same time I began my freshman year. He's more than a coach. He's a positive influence on and off the field. He's almost like a second father. He cared and still cares for the players as much or more than some of their own parents. He wanted to be a role model and a motivator and to many he was. In his interview when he got the head coach job, he said something along the lines of " every coach wants to win a state championship, but I want to teach responsibility, leadership, and the rewards of hard work." Mission accomplished coach

Best post on coach T right here!!!! That's why it is such a big loss to our community. Both Hodges care about their team more than anyone could ever know.

34ME, that isn't all true.  Many things have been blown out of proportion.  Yes, Chad has made mistakes just as we all have.  I'm sure you have been forgiven for things you have said or done just as Chad deserves the same.  And I disagree, if our administration/school board sat down with him I bet you they would want him.  I will bet you he has learned from his mistakes and will prove he is the right/only choice for Dresden.   And I have seen Chad on the sideline in the 4 games (which we won all 4...HeHe) we have played them over the last 4 years and he does get worked up sometimes but I see the same thing from other coaches at all levels.  I'm sure there are games he isnt even noticed. Perfection can be seeked but never obtained. I want to say that I was in no way trying to bash Coach Lampkins in a previous post.  He has done a very good job at a small school.  I'm sure he will continue that success at Gleason.  I was simply doing a small comparison.  I truly hope our district continues to be successful from the top (Huntingdon...HaHa) to whomever ends up at the bottom. 

I know it has probably hit you and your boy too. Huge impacts to all of our lives

It has impacted my whole family and it isn't just the Hodges. The whole coaching staff has gone above and beyond the "job" description. Gomes has been at the weight room on Friday and Sat nights so the kids can lift. He's picked up my son and carried him to practice while I was in hospital. Evans and Killebrew are always helping the kids when needed. Harris and Deberry have arranged to pick up and carry the kids to practice when they don't have rides. They have managed to get boys help with tutoring and even arranged for kids to eat because they don't have anything at home. Can't imagine kids who don't eat trying to get in football shape. I'm proud of this group of coaches and hope the kids learn a little about how to be men, husband's, fathers and ball players from them. Enough of my preaching. Go Lions!!! Edited by ysoangry

It has impacted my whole family and it isn't just the Hodges. The whole coaching staff has gone above and beyond the "job" description. Gomes has been at the weight room on Friday and Sat nights so the kids can lift. He's picked up my son and carried him to practice while I was in hospital. Evans and Killebrew are always helping the kids when needed. Harris and Deberry have arranged to pick up and carry the kids to practice when they don't have rides. They have managed to get boys help with tutoring and even arranged for kids to eat because they don't have anything at home. Can't imagine kids who don't eat trying to get in football shape. I'm proud of this group of coaches and hope the kids learn a little about how to be men, husband's, fathers and ball players from them. Enough of my preaching. Go Lions!!!

Truly a class act.