Keith Hodge steps down at Dresden...

RegisP90X

YSODumb...thanks!

Here's what's happened over the last 5 or 6 years. We've beaten Milan and Henry County, we've made the playoffs  11 of the last 12 years. In the last 25 matchup against Dresden, we are 21-4. We don't need another coach, but if we do--we will call you or $$ baggers for the help. We will see you guys on the field in the fall....hope you guys hire Crazy...for your sake.

West won't be the only one to make that decision...he couldn't even take him off the field, but the "Super" could.

The actual facts are your mighty 3A elite chargers are 1 and 2 against 1A Dresden while Hodge's have been at Dresden. So if making one championship game in the last 25 years makes you equal to a Milan or Henry County then I guess we are a dynasty by beating you regularly the last three years.

Honestly I shouldn't even be talking about westview because I know several of your players well and they are good kids plus i enjoy listening to cody on coaches corner. Your infactuation with us is kind of creepy though. Did stoker or west steal your lunch money back in the day?

Word I heard out of the folks that will do the hiring is that the Gleason Coach (Lampkins) really wants the job for  the future since schools may come together and a Big program on the East side of Weakley county be started.                            East Weakley High School     Don't know what the new Mascot will be but the Lions or Bulldogs might be out.  Maybe a Poll needs to be taken on that.   Since the Dresden school is on a Hill then How about the  (HillToppers)    Frazier and West will have the most input in the Hiring.     West has heard all he wants about Chad H.   Lampkins is in.   

Edited by 34ME

Frazier from Gleason, Lampkins is from Gleason. Could be interesting... the only issue I see is lampkins will have to move out of Gleason if he leaves for the Dresden . On the bright side he can bring legens with him. I'll give him props he has done more with a small group of players then probably anyone around.

I'm surprised that the consolidation talk hasn't been brought up in recent years. Greenfield and Gleason have about the same enrollment as Palmersville and Sharon did when the school board closed them down. Randy Frazier will never let Gleason close down and go to Dresden. From a financial standpoint it would be best for the county. eastview verses westview!!

Frazier from Gleason, Lampkins is from Gleason. Could be interesting... the only issue I see is lampkins will have to move out of Gleason if he leaves for the Dresden . On the bright side he can bring legens with him. I'll give him props he has done more with a small group of players then probably anyone around.

I'm surprised that the consolidation talk hasn't been brought up in recent years. Greenfield and Gleason have about the same enrollment as Palmersville and Sharon did when the school board closed them down. Randy Frazier will never let Gleason close down and go to Dresden. From a financial standpoint it would be best for the county. eastview verses westview!!

I cannot believe I am actually going to do this, but I agree with your entire post.

There should be only 2 schools for this county----Westview and Eastview. It would be great for the students academically, great for the county of 35K with 2 high schools, and save a "ton" of money for the entire county. I have heard that Lampkins is the front runner too........  On top of that, I would even support building a bigger school than Westview and getting Eastview a bigger basketball gym and football stadium.

Some day it's coming.....no one wants it, but it's best for the county.

Now that is something people should be getting excited about around here.

I cannot believe I am actually going to do this, but I agree with your entire post.

There should be only 2 schools for this county----Westview and Eastview. It would be great for the students academically, great for the county of 35K with 2 high schools, and save a "ton" of money for the entire county. I have heard that Lampkins is the front runner too........ On top of that, I would even support building a bigger school than Westview and getting Eastview a bigger basketball gym and football stadium.

Some day it's coming.....no one wants it, but it's best for the county.

Now that is something people should be getting excited about around here.

We're not supposed to agree so bite me!!! lol

I would figure lampkins is front runner if he wants it just because of his current employment. If chad went with Keith to Murray I would support lampkins 100%. I also think chad has earned the right and it's what the players and 95% of the community wants. But the decision will be Frazier and Chuck's in the end. It is what it is.

Chuck West is the person who hires the teachers/coaches.  It is his decision. He just runs it by the "super" as a courtesy.  Noah Lampkins has done a great job at Gleason but is not the man for Dresden.

I believe you meant to say, West is the person who "picks" the teacher/coach, but the school board actually finalizes the selection.

I hope they keep Chad too, but wouldn't be surprised if it isn't Noah.....

I believe you meant to say, West is the person who "picks" the teacher/coach, but the school board actually finalizes the selection.

I hope they keep Chad too, but wouldn't be surprised if it isn't Noah.....

no fanatic you are wrong.  The school board has nothing to do with hiring or firing of teachers or coaches.  They hire and fire the "super".  Came directly from a school board member's mouth.  Chuck West is the person to hire and then will ask the "super" his opinion. 

I hope they keep Chad too, but wouldn't be surprised if it isn't Noah.....

Us fans from Huntingdon hope you keep Chad to. We like the side show with the temper tantrums. Huntingdon was not very good last year and he still could not stop the Mustangs enough to get the win. Maybe he should try calling the offense.

How could Lampkins be a front runner over Chad????? Just because he already teaches in the county system? Chad is 4-0 against him and Gleason has barely scored on Dresden in the last 4 years.  Gleason was loaded this year and still finished 2nd to last in the district.  Lampkins record vs. Huntingdon/Dresden/McKenzie is 0 wins and all loses.  Chad is the best teacher they can hire.  Chad has a much more impressive resume than anyone that will apply.  As a coordinator Chad is 18-9 in the playoffs.  Won't be anybody else that will be able to say that if they interview with your principal.  Also, if Lampkins left Gleason to go to Dresden that just looks terrible.  Looks like a fair weather coach.  Well, if I can't beat them I will just join them.  Nobody wanted this job 5 years ago when they couldn't beat anyone but now that the team has been completed turned around (in large part to Chad) now everyone wants the job.  It will be a disgrace and extremely disrespectful if they don't give the job to Hodge.  If yall were crazy enough not to hire Chad it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up somewhere and he came back to haunt you.  Hopefully that would be here in Huntingdon.