8AA

Onthedirt

I have been to many Upperman/LA/Cannon vs Dekalb girls basketball games in which, Dekalb girls got beat by 20,30,40 points.   In all of these games, Upperman/LA/Cannon kept their starters in well into the 4th period and in most of the games, they pressed the entire game.   I don't remember seeing you or anyone else post anything on here bashing their coaches. 

Now come on guys...comparing 30pts in Bball or Football to 30 pts in softball is like comparing Apples & Baseball bats. It's not even a close analogy...only similarity would be sports. You ever seen a softball game score 14+ points in a minute of play like you can in bball or football? No, your lucky to get through one batter in a minute. 

I'm not from York & not really a big fan of York either but I saw the score & it just ran all over me.  We all know there is a winner & a loser...it's reality but as a coach of 14 yrs I have never came close to that kind of score &  trust I have had girls who could of. I always make my girls hit their best & play their best...we don't dumb it down for anyone but YES  I have called time & told my base runners to all lead off early & end the inning(if the defense is struggling pretty bad). I have had nothing but Thank yous after the game from Coaches & Parents. It's not to embarrass anyone it's having respect for the game & others.

Now that being said I have always respected Bond & his game....without a doubt the best coach in our district & has been even when I played....well back & forth between him & Danny McCormick back in the day:) I know the next few years DeKalb will be at the top of this district not just because of him but I believe they have one of the best grade school coaches around too. Those kids are ready without a doubt when they get to High School.  

However, even with great coaching...you have to lead by example & teach character. You know where I learned the mercy rule without letting up on your play...from Coach McCormick many years ago. So, while I know DeKalb has an amazing team & was hands down the best team....you can't tell me winning by 30 was necessary. You can't explain that away. I know the game is over & everyone will move on but I hope I never see something like that again or I have to admit my respect for one of the best coaches around would start to diminish.  

Now come on guys...comparing 30pts in Bball or Football to 30 pts in softball is like comparing Apples & Baseball bats. It's not even a close analogy...only similarity would be sports. You ever seen a softball game score 14+ points in a minute of play like you can in bball or football? No, your lucky to get through one batter in a minute. 

I'm not from York & not really a big fan of York either but I saw the score & it just ran all over me.  We all know there is a winner & a loser...it's reality but as a coach of 14 yrs I have never came close to that kind of score &  trust I have had girls who could of. I always make my girls hit their best & play their best...we don't dumb it down for anyone but YES  I have called time & told my base runners to all lead off early & end the inning(if the defense is struggling pretty bad). I have had nothing but Thank yous after the game from Coaches & Parents. It's not to embarrass anyone it's having respect for the game & others.

Now that being said I have always respected Bond & his game....without a doubt the best coach in our district & has been even when I played....well back & forth between him & Danny McCormick back in the day:) I know the next few years DeKalb will be at the top of this district not just because of him but I believe they have one of the best grade school coaches around too. Those kids are ready without a doubt when they get to High School.  

However, even with great coaching...you have to lead by example & teach character. You know where I learned the mercy rule without letting up on your play...from Coach McCormick many years ago. So, while I know DeKalb has an amazing team & was hands down the best team....you can't tell me winning by 30 was necessary. You can't explain that away. I know the game is over & everyone will move on but I hope I never see something like that again or I have to admit my respect for one of the best coaches around would start to diminish.

Ok...I think it's time to move on.

Cannon County looks to be off to a solid start going 8-3. Gonna be an interesting April

Hale has played a big part in turning that program around. Would've liked to have seen both her and Cori Jennings stay in DeKalb but wish them all the best regardless. (Can you imagine this team with these two on it as well?!)

Hale has played a big part in turning that program around. Would've liked to have seen both her and Cori Jennings stay in DeKalb but wish them all the best regardless. (Can you imagine this team with these two on it as well?!)

Any ideas of why they left such a good program?

Jennings does live in Smith County, but the kids have a choice since their dad works in the DeKalb school system. That's how her younger brother is playing sports at DC right now. Not sure why she chose...maybe because her mother attended school there...(at least I think she did. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.)

As for Hale, her family actually moved to Cannon. I don't think it had anything to do with sports. Heard her dad graduated from CC and wanted to move back.