Marion County New System New Coach

pegleg

I said going into last year that Marion County would go 8-2 at worst. The group of juniors they had were always good. This year they are seniors and a year stronger and faster. They should go 10-0 in the regular season. No team in the area returns as much as the warriors. I'm calling it now. 10-0 for the warriors and the only teams in 2A from the east that have any chance of doing business with them are Trousdale and Knox Grace. Should be a special season in Jasper.

Halloween Night, Jasper turns into a pumpkin on the 90th Anniversary of the Pirate-Warrior Clash.

I said going into last year that Marion County would go 8-2 at worst. The group of juniors they had were always good. This year they are seniors and a year stronger and faster. They should go 10-0 in the regular season. No team in the area returns as much as the warriors. I'm calling it now. 10-0 for the warriors and the only teams in 2A from the east that have any chance of doing business with them are Trousdale and Knox Grace. Should be a special season in Jasper.

Sequatchie County has a chance at beating the warriors, Sequatchie returns alot like Marion county so it should be a shoot out. Hey and remember dont count out SP or Central

It was real good to be able to be in town this weekend with some of the Living Legends from the area and other Vol Legends.  A legend such as myself is really busy this time of the year with speaking engagments, but I took some time out of my schedule to come to this event.  I tried to come in under the radar because I wanted the spotlight on those legends and not on a legend such as myself.  I hope all the young lads that participated in the camps listened to these legends.  I will be keeping a close eye on Coach Ross to see if he has legend capabilities in his first year.  It will be real nice for once not to see all the extra baggage strolling the sideline at David Baxter stadium.  I will definately be coming to the grand finale of the season to see if Coach Ross can make a statement down there.  As always I will hope to see some of you and allow you to breath some of the same air as a legend such as myself.  Good luck to all the young lads for the coming up season.

Edited by TheLivingLegend

Old Pirate says the SP / Jasper feud should be a dandy. Actually both will likely face similar challenges early with both teams facing new directions on the offensive side. SP has an advantage with coach Tim entering his 2nd year as DC but faces the stiff task of replacing a lot of starters. The addition of the return of T Elledge will help but appears SP lost a couple of athelitic youngons to the streets that could have helped if they had got their minds right. The Warriors return practically the whole team with the large loss of their QB. The purple squad will & should be the favorite when time comes to feud. If SP can stay healthy and the QB successfully learns the 3rd offense in 3 years the Halloween feud should be a standing room only event!

Some things never change! Another season and Marion fans have them undefeated and winning the state!

My guess, just as last year. Marion will play a easy schedule in the valley, struggle with the speed of Chattanooga school in Central, struggle and probably lose to the Mighty Colquitt in Sequatchie, get embarrassed again by South Pitt and lose in second round of the playoffs.

I don't wish it on any kid but Zeman will probably not make it through the season unhurt and Marion will not know what to do without the horse.