Public School Baseball in Chattanooga

Pounder1

Baylor is a good team and will get better, they are very young and missing some parts due to basketball. Grudy is OK from what I saw need more pitching, Canes pounded them. CCS will struggle....... East Ham is very young and lost to Baylor but not by much both teams tryed real hard to give runs away. East Ham has no returning starters in the infield, and returns all of the out field, 2 strong pitchers and no power at all. Moving up to 3A this year will not be kind to the Canes at all there are no 8 district wins that were easy to come by like last year in 6AA. Canes play @ McCallie next Saturday in 3 5 inning games. I would also agree that McCallie might have the best team in Nooga, that is if you do not count Ringgold as a Chattanooga area team. If Tornados nail down a good 3rd and 4th pitcher coach Payne could make a run at the state.

Soddy Daisy and Grundy County looked to be much better and could cause some havoc this season. I thought both Cleveland and Bradley Central had some pieces that will make them difficult to beat most nights. Ooltewah looked solid and will be good again. Signal Mountain and Red Bank will need to improve over what I saw this weekend if they expect to make alot of noise. Lookout Valley is very very young and while Walker Valley, Sequatchie County, and Central looked like teams trying get some new faces in but should be a good teams by the end of the season.

They didnt play in the scrimmages I was talking about but tyner should be very good this season! I know you said Public but McCallie looks like they are the best team in the city and will go a long way!! 

Where did you see Soddy Daisy. I saw them lose 12-2 to Franklin County. They did have some people out and they should be picked to win the district this year.

Where did you see Soddy Daisy. I saw them lose 12-2 to Franklin County. They did have some people out and they should be picked to win the district this year.

I dont ever look at score in scrimmages and when I'm scouting I never see the entire game but saw them against Sequatchie county on Thursday. And I said they look much better and as you said they will be one of the teams fighting for their district. Good Luck to yall!!

Edited by skydogg25

I dont ever look at score in scrimmages and when I'm scouting I never see the entire game but saw them against Sequatchie county on Thursday. And I said they look much better and as you said they will be one of the teams fighting for their district. Good Luck to yall!!

skydogg25, keep info coming. Good info that u have.

Baylor is a good team and will get better, they are very young and missing some parts due to basketball. Grudy is OK from what I saw need more pitching, Canes pounded them. CCS will struggle....... East Ham is very young and lost to Baylor but not by much both teams tryed real hard to give runs away. East Ham has no returning starters in the infield, and returns all of the out field, 2 strong pitchers and no power at all. Moving up to 3A this year will not be kind to the Canes at all there are no 8 district wins that were easy to come by like last year in 6AA. Canes play @ McCallie next Saturday in 3 5 inning games. I would also agree that McCallie might have the best team in Nooga, that is if you do not count Ringgold as a Chattanooga area team. If Tornados nail down a good 3rd and 4th pitcher coach Payne could make a run at the state.

I'm trying to figure out how McCallie is a public school. Same for Baylor and Grundy is not in Chattanooga. Pay attention to the titles of the threads you're commenting about.

Edited by glock22

scrimmages are all about using all your pitching to work their arms slowly in shape. New pitcher every inning with most teams.

Saw a post where someone said a kid went 6 2/3 innings. Don't think I would like my son playing for that coach. MLB only goes 3 in Spring training!

I'm trying to figure out how McCallie is a public school. Same for Baylor and Grundy is not in Chattanooga. Pay attention to the titles of the threads you're commenting about.

Sorry dude!!!!! The only reason I said anything about Baylor, McCallie, or Grundy was that they were playing Chattanooga teams!!!!!!!! I guess I should have said East Ham played OK in the scrimmages against un named teams that are not in Chattanooga, and private schools...... It was a referance point for that team (East Ham) on the compitation they were playing. I guess CCS cannot be spoken on here cause they are private or do they get a pass cause they play in public school districts. I guess you do not want any private schools taking over this thread, I can understand that. A rule of thumb that was told to me by a Free press writer Chattanooga teams that are considered Chattanooga teams are schools that get Chattanooga media, TV paper etc. If you really want to get picky about it, should we only talk about teams in Chattanooga or can we include the teams in Hamilton County. The school I pull for is not in the city of Chattanooga, its in the county. Heck that cuts it down to Howard, Brainerd, Hixson, Tyner, the rest are outside of Chattanooga city limits...... Jeeez find something important to argue about.

• Upvote 1